I also used the wrong tense in another comment thread today. I'm not perfect, but at least you know what I'm saying. And I think the weight thing is probably just a Freudian slip

I also used the wrong tense in another comment thread today. I'm not perfect, but at least you know what I'm saying. And I think the weight thing is probably just a Freudian slip

Yes, I just hope I manage to confine slips like that to this site....

What the hell are you talking about? Seriously though, I don't get it

You couldn't work out she had made a typo? If Cookielust had 500 posts and a 2013 join date would you have responded to her like that?

Reactions: 4 users
You couldn't work out she had made a typo? If Cookielust had 500 posts and a 2013 join date would you have responded to her like that?

one of the other girls posted that she was French and couldn't understand. I think it's an easy enough when English is your first language to understand a typo like that, but when everyone else's first language may not be English it may be weird or harder to understand if this was unintentional or intentional. Like any language, English has so many weird similes, metaphors, and idioms.

I'm currently trying (ha) to learn a second language and this is one of the struggles of our class as a whole. The teacher doesn't understand phrases like 'you've got to be shitting me' and very awkwardly asked what that meant and we often have to stop him and be like 'okay, wait what are you saying? what about a fish?'

I'm not usually a stickler for spelling and grammar, but angel and angle seem very hard for people to connect sometimes. I only know the difference because of a third grade math teacher going berserk any time we made the mistake.

Reactions: 1 user
Their brother is on Teen Vogue:
Anwar-Hadid-2016-Teen-Vogue-Cover-800x999.jpg

Their brother is on Teen Vogue:
Anwar-Hadid-2016-Teen-Vogue-Cover-800x999.jpg

How stupid can a cover get?
I mean he's styled like a backstreet boy (the earring :facepalm:), and what the hell is up with the NASA suit? Not even talking about "#hairgoals". :facepalm:

Maybe I'm getting too old, but this is so embarrassing to see and it sheds some light on why teenagers are so tasteless these days, if they're influenced by this shit.

Reactions: 4 users
use google chrome and it has automatic spell check that when you misspell something will underline and you can right click (although it wouldn't work in this case because angel and angle are both words).

Spelling is a vastly important life skill and people will judge you for being a poor speller (unless your foreign, but xenophobia is very real in at least America so even then). I don't mean to be offensive, just helpful

Too bad chrome doesn't help you create better sentence structure.

Thank you and will do! English is my second language anyways
So is mine, I get your struggle :) I'm sorry but I don't really like how snobby people who have English as their mother language (I'm talking in general) can be with us foreign, especially because most of them can only speak english and don't understand how hard it can be to learn another language. It's a forum, it's the Internet, we're not in school and not in a spelling class competition...why be mean to someone who spelled angle wrong?

Reactions: 2 users
Lmao seriously :lol: nobody's checking for this kid. They're literally shoving this entire family down our throats.

Reactions: 2 users
So is mine, I get your struggle :) I'm sorry but I don't really like how snobby people who have English as their mother language (I'm talking in general) can be with us foreign, especially because most of them can only speak english and don't understand how hard it can be to learn another language. It's a forum, it's the Internet, we're not in school and not in a spelling class competition...why be mean to someone who spelled angle wrong?

I really didn't mean to sound condescending if I did. I know I don't know a second language so I don't expect anyone to know English (I'm just grateful you guys do!)

Too bad chrome doesn't help you create better sentence structure.

I don't even know enough to know if my sentence structure is bad

and English is my first and only language :supershame:

I really didn't mean to sound condescending if I did. I know I don't know a second language so I don't expect anyone to know English (I'm just grateful you guys do!)

I don't even know enough to know if my sentence structure is bad

and English is my first and only language :supershame:
I didn't want to attack you either. I do think that you sounded snobby, but I was just trying to make a point, I've had a hard time on social medias/forums because of my not so perfect english, especially when I was younger. It's not a tragedy but it can be annoying when you're trying your best