@shauna im definitely over 18 and definitely don't---also fat distributes in other ways besides cellulite; the difference between white and brown fat, and further, how close fat gets to the dermis, has a lot to do with diet quality, etc.

Then you are one of the rare, lucky few women that do not have cellulite. Most however do, regardless of their quality of diet.

Areas like women's thighs and buttocks are especially prone to cellulite because that's where we tend to store body fat. Men and the few women who do not develop cellulite have connective tissue that encourages fat to expand laterally and internally but not out into the dermis. So, a man’s thighs might have just as much adipose tissue, but he has what amounts to compression stockings over the top of the fat layer, whereas a woman has a pair of fishnets lying over her first layer of adipose. These structural differences have been confirmed with MRI, sonogram, and wedge biopsies. There is no getting around it - cellulite and the structure of the skin in cellulite-prone areas are simply different and something you cannot control. I bet you’re still wondering why some women - even thin, lean athletic women - tend to have lots of cellulite and their female counterparts do not. Genetics, my friend. If your connective tissue is put together differently than your friend’s, your skin is going to look different. Just like skin color, hair, and height are all genetically determined, so is your predisposition to cellulite.
source: http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/the-dirty-little-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite

It's a condition that affects 90 percent of women and 10 percent of men, mostly in industrial nations. As women start approaching menopause, estrogen starts decreasing. From 25 to 35 is when you start seeing the appearance of cellulite. Estrogen has an impact on the blood vessels. When estrogen starts to decrease, you lose receptors in blood vessels and thighs, so you have decreased circulation. With decreased circulation you get less oxygen and nutrition to that area, and with that we see a decrease in collagen production…. [Also, at this time] fat cells start becoming larger, [they] begin protruding through the collagen [and become the bumpy fat known as cellulite]. Women tend to get cellulite around knees, saddlebags and buttocks, because they have three layers of fat in these areas [instead of just one]. Women also have three levels of fat in the stomach and in the triceps areas.

The [structure of] collagen, the main protein of connective tissue, in women has the appearance of a picket fence, whereas in men it looks more liked a cross-linked fence. So you can see the cross-linked structure is much stronger [and will hold fat in better].

Estrogen also makes fat whereas testosterone breaks down fat. So a women's body is basically—and I hate to say it—genetically designed to be a place for cellulite to develop. Men have one layer of fat throughout their entire body and a one-to-one alpha- and beta-receptor ratio.
source: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-cellulite-forever/

How can you be that size as a model and so obviously not work out??? Seriously what is the point of making this statement if she is just going to have a floppy ass and untoned stomach

Reactions: 1 user
Then you are one of the rare, lucky few women that do not have cellulite.

Guess I am too.

I cannot believe what I am seeing, it is a big disappointment. Such a big step down for the industry to see these common looking fat girls, with bad posture, who look like every "average pretty" American you could see anywhere, on the runways at NYFW. What happened to class and refinement and elegance? I'm disgusted TBH.

Reactions: 12 users
This makes me so sad. I know all has been said before, but oh my! There are so many better models!

Remember when Gigi was doing master cleanse and couldn't even hack it for ONE day?! She was "light headed" when riding her horse (sounds super duper strenuous, what with the horse doing all the work and all...but i digress) and she called her mom for approval to eat almonds.

In another episode, Gigi was talking about all the money she made "modeling" and Bella was like, "yeah, I need to get a modeling career" as if it was as easy as ordering a pizza for delivery...

Yolanda, why didn't you teach your girls about restriction? Why did you push them into modeling, when you can see they are not cut out for the fashion industry? Wtf

WEAK!!

Also Gigi's bloat was all over a fancy mall in Mexico City this summer and i was like, "WHYYYYYY??!!! Now I can't buy anything in this store."

I just saw some kind of 'review' in a German morning show. They said Hilfiger showed how people can have fun on the beach even though they're "not size zero". Looking at you, Gigi? :slutboobs: :mclap:
I mean, this channel is the least pro-skinny channel ever, and even they basically call her fat. I can't even... :nopity:

2C516CDE00000578-3234376-image-m-47_1442266455967.jpg

How comes this thread is still here, on top ? Take down section please ! I feel like skinny models are in the minority, so for the sake of them and to keep away the ugly from page one of this section remove this thread !

I just don't see how these celebrity models translate to sales for the designers. I would love it if someone could explain it to me. I know they give exposure, but I honestly doubt that millions of Kendell loving tweens are out buying Fendi bags.

Maybe I can see it with Tommy Hilfiger, which is not as expensive as brands like Chanel and far more accessible/all-american. But when I think of the people I know and know of that wear Chanel, Dior, Fendi and these other top, very expensive brands, they are not the kind of people that would ever take notice of what a Kardashian is doing, or care about Jiggle Hadid and her fat sister.

In my opinion, based on people I personally know (watch out, generlisations coming), the consumers of high fashion are wealthy europeans who find Kardashians and the like to be an assualt on their good taste. They think it is tacky and so 'American'.
There is the rich Asian market, who seem to follow their own celebrities and are less tolerant of fat people than the Europeans. There is the Russian market, which also seems to have a very narrow aesthetic, of which none of these celebrity models fit, and finally the Arab market which I know little about, but they seem to be very much in their own small world.
This leaves the US market. Is the luxury goods market in the US so strong that they only need to market towards Americans now? Do these people appeal to wealthy Americans? I find it hard to believe.

How comes this thread is still here, on top ? Take down section please ! I feel like skinny models are in the minority, so for the sake of them and to keep away the ugly from page one of this section remove this thread !
I did create a takedown for this yesterday :)

What I don't understand is how they can look in the mirror everyday, compare themselves to real models, and somehow conclude that they're worthy of the runway. Like seriously, either lose some weight or accept the fact that you're a plus size model. Seriously.

I don't know how they find the courage to walk around with real models in swimsuits. I would feel so ashamed. They don't even have good butts. If you are going to be full figured/curvey, at least do some squats and rock a bootay.

Reactions: 1 users
The greatest thing is that they do not look comfortable. You can tell by how they're walking that they are not comfortable in the suits. I wouldn't be either if I looked like that, next to the rest of the models.