"Revealed: Tommy Hilfiger's team put Gigi Hadid in a big poncho for first show because she wasn't as 'tall and thin' as other catwalk models"

From the Daily Mail, but I believe it.

3A0010BF00000578-3899124-image-m-2_1478128504959.jpg

You should believe it because it's true.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
She looks really short here. Considering Jourdan is 5'11'' according to Storm, I'd say Gigi is about 5'7'' and not 5'11'' like IMG claims. And they're both wearing the same size heels so no excuse there :rolleyes:

gigicatwalk--a.jpg

Tommy-Hilfiger-FW15-Catwalk-Show-01.jpg
There is no way she's just 5'7, she's at least 5'9/5'9'5. That article is so embarrassing (but of course true) about her, but I guess that's what you get when you buy a career that really isn't suited for you.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
There is no way she's just 5'7, she's at least 5'9/5'9'5. That article is so embarrassing (but of course true) about her, but I guess that's what you get when you buy a career that really isn't suited for you.
definitely agreed on the height--she's nowhere near 5'7 i spent time with her last week
(save my soul)

Reactions: 3 users
http://people.com/style/bella-hadid-victorias-secret-fashion-show-looks/
Her second look — which there will be no images of until the show — will be from the brand’s designer collection and will debut during the Secret Angel section of the runway show. But she loves it equally, she says, noting that it consists of a bra, a gray corset, cool sleeves and a long train.

“I love the look so much cause I love corsets and I love tiny waists and they really cinched it in there,” she says. “And I love that it has the long train because I think it’s really dramatic and beautiful. I’m really hoping I don’t step on it.”
So both outfits cover her arms and upper body :nopity:

Old heiress plastic surgery face aside, I'm very interested to see what will happen to Bella's body if she continues to lose - if her career lasts that long - because I can't think of many people I know whose bodies follow a similar fat storage pattern.

That being said, I think she may top out at this, which is okay for her but in general ungratifying for me and not suitable for the industry she's working in.

Reactions: 1 user
Old heiress plastic surgery face aside, I'm very interested to see what will happen to Bella's body if she continues to lose - if her career lasts that long - because I can't think of many people I know whose bodies follow a similar fat storage pattern.

That being said, I think she may top out at this, which is okay for her but in general ungratifying for me and not suitable for the industry she's working in.
Do you girls think there is like a limit for a person? Like that even if someone really works for it/diets heavily, they still won't get under a certain BMI or weight. Probably due to genetics. I don't know if it makes sense. I don't believe in those big bones bs of course, but I definitely think that while almost everyone can be slim, our standard of skinny isn't achievable for everyone?
We have all seen the Hadids at their 'relaxed' weight and they're big (Gigi more than Bella), I can't ever see Bella getting Magdalena thin, let alone her sister who looks like she's making really big efforts and still remains over an average standard. It just seems like such a stretch for them, I can't imagine it.

We also have to take in mind the fact that they're young and we have seen them in their teens (where you should be able to eat pretty much whatever without gaining) and they've always been huge...

• Agree
teens (where you should be able to eat pretty much whatever without gaining)
Sorry for being off topic but this is always mentioned, however as a high schooler who lives near many junior high & high schools, rarely any teenagers are that skinny? There are a few 12-15 year old girls who still have super undeveloped bodies but only a handful of actually skinny girls, who stay skinny til 18. Most are slim or average/chubby even fat. Again, don't mean to derail the convo but I keep seeing this argument pop up, and the logic just doesn't work for me as the vast minority of teen girls I know are able to eat a lot without gaining :/

I don't believe in those big bones bs of course, but I definitely think that while almost everyone can be slim, our standard of skinny isn't achievable for everyone?
I actually think big bones do exist. Some people have thicker, denser, and/or wider bone structure than others. Some people (like a lot of classical high fashion models) have very slight, fine bone structure. "Big bones" is BS because it's an excuse to not lose weight most of the time, but I believe some people can starve but never get below a certain size or measurements because of their bone structure, or look ungraceful or wrong when they're skinny due to denser bones.

This is what I think the Hadids are like, even when Gigi loses a lot and you can see a prominent xylo, she looks really sickly, yet nowhere near as slight, narrow, or gracefully thin as any other runway model. So I do agree I don't think everyone can have say, good cheekbones, a thigh gap, a small waist, lean measurements, anything to our standards because their genetics won't allow it - even if they're dedicated to losing weight not just using excuses.

Just putting in my $0.02 based on what I understand/have heard/learned, I hate to come across as super contrarian with this post and feel free to refute if I'm wrong :shy:

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I feel like you just summarize every thread you go on. Like all your recent posts have been summaries of how you feel in general about the model, but rarely (as far as I've seen) do you contribute to the discussion on hand. Why not try adding to the most recent conversation because it'd be more relatable and I feel like you would blend in better, if I'm being honest.

Like people can't really reply to what you just said and it's sort of random considering that we were all just talking about those sunglasses. I get why you're doing it because you're still pretty new right? But you'd blend in better if you comment like you've always been here and just jump into the subject we're all talking about. In real life when you walk up to a new group that is having an interesting discussion you don't summarize the general knowledge you have; you just start talking about what they're talking about!

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 6.43.57 PM.png

Sorry for being off topic but this is always mentioned, however as a high schooler who lives near many junior high & high schools, rarely any teenagers are that skinny? There are a few 12-15 year old girls who still have super undeveloped bodies but only a handful of actually skinny girls, who stay skinny til 18. Most are slim or average/chubby even fat. Again, don't mean to derail the convo but I keep seeing this argument pop up, and the logic just doesn't work for me as the vast minority of teen girls I know are able to eat a lot without gaining :/

I actually think big bones do exist. Some people have thicker, denser, and/or wider bone structure than others. Some people (like a lot of classical high fashion models) have very slight, fine bone structure. "Big bones" is BS because it's an excuse to not lose weight most of the time, but I believe some people can starve but never get below a certain size or measurements because of their bone structure, or look ungraceful or wrong when they're skinny due to denser bones.

This is what I think the Hadids are like, even when Gigi loses a lot and you can see a prominent xylo, she looks really sickly, yet nowhere near as slight, narrow, or gracefully thin as any other runway model. So I do agree I don't think everyone can have say, good cheekbones, a thigh gap, a small waist, lean measurements, anything to our standards because their genetics won't allow it - even if they're dedicated to losing weight not just using excuses.

Just putting in my $0.02 based on what I understand/have heard/learned, I hate to come across as super contrarian with this post and feel free to refute if I'm wrong :shy:
Yeah, of course I don't mean that ALL teenagers are thin but when you're more on the slim side, you don't have any trouble staying skinny at that age even if you don't have a strict diet. I'm 18 but I can definitely feel the difference from when I was 15. If you see photos of models when they were younger, they're all like super lanky and thin...Karlie, Natasha, Molly Bair and so on. I doubt they had any sort of diet. Even Kendall Jenner was a skinny teen lol. These girls just don't have that type of body, they couldn't achieve it when they were younger let alone now that they're in their 20s, and I believe they're already making huge efforts to stay the way they are now.

I can't think of many people I know whose bodies follow a similar fat storage pattern.

I always assumed her fat storage pattern was odd because she'd had some of it sucked out of her at some point.

I hope I'm wrong, but she's had so much done to her face, it just seemed more likely than not she'd had something done to her body as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users