Eugenia Cooney

I'd have a lot more compassion for Eugenia if she was actually, IDK, relevant?? Rather than a broken record of "hey guys!"/"like"/"oh my god"/"it's crazy"/"sooo yeah" :blahblah: and so on. I subscribed to her snapchat for a week and I could feel my brain rotting. I'd understand if she ran a channel that was engaging/interesting and did her best to keep her weight out of the conversation, but I feel like her weight is the reason most people follow her in the first place (either out of concern/jealousy/shock/whatever), which she knows, and uses to boost her following. As long as she convinces enough tweeny boppers on youtube to sustain her, well, I wish her the best. But o m g take a fish oil pill or something, the malnutrition's reached your brain :facepalm:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I'd have a lot more compassion for Eugenia if she was actually, IDK, relevant?? Rather than a broken record of "hey guys!"/"like"/"oh my god"/"it's crazy"/"sooo yeah" :blahblah: and so on. I subscribed to her snapchat for a week and I could feel my brain rotting. I'd understand if she ran a channel that was engaging/interesting and did her best to keep her weight out of the conversation, but I feel like her weight is the reason most people follow her in the first place (either out of concern/jealousy/shock/whatever), which she knows, and uses to boost her following. As long as she convinces enough tweeny boppers on youtube to sustain her, well, I wish her the best. But o m g take a fish oil pill or something, the malnutrition's reached your brain :facepalm:

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think that that's a very nice thing to say. A fish oil pill? Are you kidding me?

She's a person, for gods sake. I don't care if she's relevant, likable, interesting, etc. - I (and others!) have compassion for her because she's a human being that is clearly suffering from something, and she looks like she's at death's door. Whether or not I care for her channel, I feel sad that she seems so frail and sick, and I hope that someone helps her before it's too late. I used to want to believe that she was naturally that thin, it was a metabolism thing, genetics, etc., but she looks a lot more gaunt and - I can't put my finger on it, exactly - perhaps more tired? weak? than usual.

As I said before, I'd never in a million years comment on one of her videos - not that I have a YouTube account anyways - because it's a subject that is her business and her family's business alone. However, I do think that there is some sort of a problem, and I just hope that it's being addressed in her home. That would be pretty tragic if she ended up dying so young.

Reactions: 5 users
image.png
Why does she always angle her limbs inward....like she's trying to envelop herself....yet she wears revealing clothes very often? All I know is she looks more sickly (in my eyes, at least) than ever and hope she gets some help soon!

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think that that's a very nice thing to say. A fish oil pill? Are you kidding me?

She's a person, for gods sake. I don't care if she's relevant, likable, interesting, etc. - I (and others!) have compassion for her because she's a human being that is clearly suffering from something, and she looks like she's at death's door. Whether or not I care for her channel, I feel sad that she seems so frail and sick, and I hope that someone helps her before it's too late. I used to want to believe that she was naturally that thin, it was a metabolism thing, genetics, etc., but she looks a lot more gaunt and - I can't put my finger on it, exactly - perhaps more tired? weak? than usual.

As I said before, I'd never in a million years comment on one of her videos - not that I have a YouTube account anyways - because it's a subject that is her business and her family's business alone. However, I do think that there is some sort of a problem, and I just hope that it's being addressed in her home. That would be pretty tragic if she ended up dying so young.

I can see how my comment comes off as crass and I apologize for that. I want her to get the help she needs, whatever that is. Like you, I'd never comment on any of her videos/accounts/etc.

My first mistake was subscribing to her Snapchat. No matter how obnoxious I find her at this point, she deserves all the health in the world, like everyone else.

Reactions: 1 user
I can see how my comment comes off as crass and I apologize for that. I want her to get the help she needs, whatever that is. Like you, I'd never comment on any of her videos/accounts/etc.

My first mistake was subscribing to her Snapchat. No matter how obnoxious I find her at this point, she deserves all the health in the world, like everyone else.

Hey, it's all good - I've certainly said mannnnny things that I didn't word correctly and/or think through fully. :kiss:

Let's hope she gets help soon. That Insta pic above . . . gosh. I kind of don't understand how she's still alive and functioning. :(

I do feel bad for her, she's clearly so ill that even recovering now would have ruined her health.
But on the other hand, posting pictures like that - she knows what she's doing; that her internet 'career' is only based off her extreme weight and half her fancase are pro-ana's and all that. The fact she's so ill-looking, has lost noticeable weight, and still refuses to talk about it, claim its natural, and then posts pictures like that, where she deliberately poses to look even more bony makes me less sympathetic.

"She (Eugenia) has Asperger’s syndrome and will not eat on her own accord. It’s not anorexia in it’s common form of appearance-based body dysmorphia - her developmental disorder manifests partially as a complete aversion to the act of eating. Her parents work very hard to make sure she eats enough to survive and believe me, they can and do pay for the best care available. Eugenia is not neurotypical so neurotypical reasoning and judgements do not apply to her. I would not call this an ED although it is anorexia by it’s medical definition (aka literally just not eating - ppl with stomach bugs are anorexic while nauseous, it doesn’t mean you are intentionally starving yourself for weight loss purposes). But rest assured she has a great support system, despite living with the stigma and struggles of an autistic neuroatypical person. Hope this is enlightening!” -someone who knows her father

I'm not certain how much I believe this. If her parents are making sure she eats enough to live, they're doing a really shitty job of it.

• Agree
"She (Eugenia) has Asperger’s syndrome and will not eat on her own accord. It’s not anorexia in it’s common form of appearance-based body dysmorphia - her developmental disorder manifests partially as a complete aversion to the act of eating. Her parents work very hard to make sure she eats enough to survive and believe me, they can and do pay for the best care available. Eugenia is not neurotypical so neurotypical reasoning and judgements do not apply to her. I would not call this an ED although it is anorexia by it’s medical definition (aka literally just not eating - ppl with stomach bugs are anorexic while nauseous, it doesn’t mean you are intentionally starving yourself for weight loss purposes). But rest assured she has a great support system, despite living with the stigma and struggles of an autistic neuroatypical person. Hope this is enlightening!” -someone who knows her father

I'm not certain how much I believe this. If her parents are making sure she eats enough to live, they're doing a really shitty job of it.
Well that explains her behaviour (as in persona and bubbliness)

Shouldn't her parents have been trained to deal with her?

People with the stomach flu are not anorexic for fucks sake.

This quote sounds like complete BS also considering the comparison of someone with stomach-flu being anorexic during that time and the language - someone who knows her father would be likely 40+ and the older generation don't seem to throw that 'neurotypical' language like some tumblr-obsessed Eugenia fan. And what friend of her fathers would run to the internet to post that? :wtf:

• Agree

Where is this from? How reliable is this?

Ok but having worked with kids on the spectrum, I will concede that some of them do have weird food stuff - aversions to texture, certain colors, whatever (I had one kid who would only eat hamburgers, green apples, and mushrooms) - so I'm not surprised that it could happen. I'm just not sure I buy that it's been totally uncurable for the last 20something years. Autism isn't really my specialty, but I've seen some wizards work incredible magic with even the most difficult nonverbal kids.

I guess I'm a bit surprised that she's on the spectrum. Didn't get that vibe.

People with the stomach flu are not anorexic for fucks sake.

someone with stomach-flu being anorexic

Ok, but I think they meant it more in a purely medical context. Anorexia nervosa is technically the full name of the mental disorder, but to say that someone is anorexic - in the most clinical sense of the word - is to say that they're not eating.

Last edited:
  • Useful

Interesting. I have never heard of body dysmorphia being linked to the autism spectrum, food aversions, preoccupation with schedules/rules, or the inability to stop, sit, and eat, yes, but "I'm too fat and therefore shouldn't eat" while wearing all sorts of crop tops, and what were intended to be hot shorts with knee highs doesn't quite fit to me. She also wears a lot of skelton motifs and is part of this weird, super-dated, historically self-destructive subculture. She also angles and flaunts her body to its most [shocking] advantage. Autism runs in my family and the ones who 'only eat bread with ketchup at 9pm' are severely disconnected, their weight isn't in any sense performance art. I know there was talk of uniting the anorexia diagnosis with OCD and perhaps the spectrum (as it would explain the enormous gender-gap, most aspies are boys) but not body dysmorphia. I've never known any spectrum sitting person to have such an externalized identity, usually quite tragically the opposite. I've had a zillion spectrum screenings and they're never asked me anything that'd correlate to body dysmorphia.

SpectrumNews, Autism and Anorexia

*I don't know a lot about psychology, I've always resented the subject, so, correct me if I'm off.

• Agree
Where is this from? How reliable is this?

Ok but having worked with kids on the spectrum, I will concede that some of them do have weird food stuff - aversions to texture, certain colors, whatever (I had one kid who would only eat hamburgers, green apples, and mushrooms) - so I'm not surprised that it could happen. I'm just not sure I buy that it's been totally uncurable for the last 20something years. Autism isn't really my specialty, but I've seen some wizards work incredible magic with even the most difficult nonverbal kids.

I guess I'm a bit surprised that she's on the spectrum. Didn't get that vibe.

I agree with everyone saying it sounds like BS; I was reading a conversation about her on another forum since it seems like she's gained a surge of popularity recently, and almost right after I posted this over here, someone else dug up an old tumblr post of Eugenia's where she says she is not on the spectrum. Sorry for the false info.

Interesting! Why?
I don't have a very articulate reason. It's a lot of things and, again, I'm not very educated on the subject. I've never been helped by a counselor, even when I've need it and asked for help, they (or those I've encountered) seem to be nodding robots. I get a general sense of inactivity in every arena (especially child abuse) except throwing out pills and labels. Whenever I've read any sort of psych literature (and not the mathy neural stuff), there's a lot of determinism but also subjectivity and inaccuracy. It just fills me with dread and terror. I have read stuff that has helped me though, I know I'm prejudiced, and psychology isn't all bad.