Eugenia Cooney

squiggle

Super Star
I saw Jaclyn’s video & while I do believe that her concern is real, I think it’s past time for her to stop trying to insert herself into the role of a savior, especially so publicly. After a point, it reads as her looking for clicks— she tried to help, it clearly didn’t stick, & now it’s just beating a dead horse. I agree that Eugenia is heavily in denial, but on top of those struggles, I can’t imagine that having an ex-friend use your name to attract viewers ameliorates the situation at all.

I'm not Jaclyn's biggest fan, and I agree with you in that she may well be trying to get good PR. Honestly, I don't think that being so public about the forced hospitalisation and intervention was appropriate. I think that in Jaclyn's case, though, she is under a lot of pressure to do something to stop this situation, especially as she has previously inserted herself into it so strongly. IMO it would look worse on Jaclyn's part to go cold and appear as though she is enabling Eugenia's situation, or that she has given up on Eugenia. At this point, whatever Jaclyn does is going to make her look negative.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Natalie

Grand Dame
I'm not Jaclyn's biggest fan, and I agree with you in that she may well be trying to get good PR. Honestly, I don't think that being so public about the forced hospitalisation and intervention was appropriate. I think that in Jaclyn's case, though, she is under a lot of pressure to do something to stop this situation, especially as she has previously inserted herself into it so strongly. IMO it would look worse on Jaclyn's part to go cold and appear as though she is enabling Eugenia's situation, or that she has given up on Eugenia. At this point, whatever Jaclyn does is going to make her look negative.
And well, at the heart of the matter I do believe that they were friends. Setting aside any and all fame and notoriety (for the sake of argument) I can't imagine how terrified and helpless Jaclyn felt having to see her friend wasting away like that. Was it good that she was so public about it all? No, of course not. But did she truly fear for her friend, and have her best intentions at heart? I (perhaps naïvely) think so.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

vanitas

Grand Dame
And well, at the heart of the matter I do believe that they were friends. Setting aside any and all fame and notoriety (for the sake of argument) I can't imagine how terrified and helpless Jaclyn felt having to see her friend wasting away like that. Was it good that she was so public about it all? No, of course not. But did she truly fear for her friend, and have her best intentions at heart? I (perhaps naïvely) think so.

Totally agree.

Overall I think that Jaclyn being a bit too pubic about what happened is a fairly minor transgression when you consider that this girl lives with her mother who appears to be allowing her daughter to publicly die slowly on twitch while fetishist's tip her every time she moves her makeup box from one side of the room to another (?!)

Staging an intervention and getting her some help is the best thing anyone could have done (beyond persuading her to stay in treatment for longer) and tbh, I don't blame her for talking about it to some degree because the amount of sideshow around Eugenia is crazy and it was probably hard to NOT make some kind of statement about it. But her mother seems to be enabling her and I just cannot relate to that. I can, however, definitely relate to wanting internet points and some credit for trying to do the right thing for a friend.

It's quite disturbing to think how many people are tuning into her channel in the hope she might die on screen because there's definitely some. She looks deathly ill to me. Her mother should be taking her to hospital now, right this second. She's actually GREY.

On another note, what's up with her voice? Has it always been that shrill?

Reactions: 3 users

Natalie

Grand Dame
Totally agree.

Overall I think that Jaclyn being a bit too pubic about what happened is a fairly minor transgression when you consider that this girl lives with her mother who appears to be allowing her daughter to publicly die slowly on twitch while fetishist's tip her every time she moves her makeup box from one side of the room to another (?!)

Staging an intervention and getting her some help is the best thing anyone could have done (beyond persuading her to stay in treatment for longer) and tbh, I don't blame her for talking about it to some degree because the amount of sideshow around Eugenia is crazy and it was probably hard to NOT make some kind of statement about it. But her mother seems to be enabling her and I just cannot relate to that. I can, however, definitely relate to wanting internet points and some credit for trying to do the right thing for a friend.

It's quite disturbing to think how many people are tuning into her channel in the hope she might die on screen because there's definitely some. She looks deathly ill to me. Her mother should be taking her to hospital now, right this second. She's actually GREY.

On another note, what's up with her voice? Has it always been that shrill?
Honestly I think Jaclyn and the "crew" are putting this information out there to set accounts straight, in more than one way. How many people are totally clueless as to the fucked up relationship this girl has with her mother? I mean I for one knew it was bad, but listening to Jaclyn talk about how this woman tried to get her arrested for staging an intervention is next level crazy.

That was a fairly long winded way of saying that I don't fault Jaclyn for her behavior up until the "setting the record straight" video. However, any continued attention paid to Eugenia and her struggles seems predatory.

Reactions: 1 users

vanitas

Grand Dame
Honestly I think Jaclyn and the "crew" are putting this information out there to set accounts straight, in more than one way. How many people are totally clueless as to the fucked up relationship this girl has with her mother? I mean I for one knew it was bad, but listening to Jaclyn talk about how this woman tried to get her arrested for staging an intervention is next level crazy.

That was a fairly long winded way of saying that I don't fault Jaclyn for her behavior up until the "setting the record straight" video. However, any continued attention paid to Eugenia and her struggles seems predatory.

I don't know what's weirder - the actual viewership (there's only one reason to watch her content because it's not great) or the extent of the subculture around people making video compilations of her videos under the guise of 'concern' for her well being.

Reactions: 1 users