Eugenia Cooney

image.png
She looks seriously ill.....

After five hours in the library, I decided to watch some of her mindless younow moments. Here's a few things:
She doesn't make eye contact when talking about food
She laughs nervously when people tell her to eat
She says natural skinny without a lot of confidence...
Oh and she seems pretty insecure about people liking her

She's deffinately lost weight since she moved out by herself... I really hope she decides to get help, she has so much support and I am praying it isn't an attention focused mind set for publicity

Where is this from? How reliable is this?

Ok but having worked with kids on the spectrum, I will concede that some of them do have weird food stuff - aversions to texture, certain colors, whatever (I had one kid who would only eat hamburgers, green apples, and mushrooms) - so I'm not surprised that it could happen. I'm just not sure I buy that it's been totally uncurable for the last 20something years. Autism isn't really my specialty, but I've seen some wizards work incredible magic with even the most difficult nonverbal kids.

I guess I'm a bit surprised that she's on the spectrum. Didn't get that vibe.

No idea whether she is or isn't on the spectrum. It's so hard to tell from people's behaviour because everyone has a different character, even if they are autistic.

But I have believed for some time that there is a link between autistic behaviour and eating disorders. I know from my own experience of dealing with a child who is autistic that routine and repeated behaviour is such a big part of life that it makes it very easy to get into a set of patterns and very hard to deviate from these so if you start restricting as a person who is on the spectrum, then this will be just how your day to day diet is, and it will be exceptionally hard to change your routine. I'm borderline on the spectrum myself and I find it very easy to restrict and to follow a daily routine with food but extremely difficult to deviate from what I plan to eat that day. I haven't eaten a biscuit or chocolate in nearly a year because I decided to cut those things out and so they're not an option anymore. I also don't like being surprised by food either; it's horrific and means I have to completely reassess the rest of my day.

So it could be an explanation, but who knows in Eugenia's case; it's impossible to tell without knowing whether she's actually been diagnosed and who by. Whatever the root of the problem is, she looks to have a serious problem with food and I don't believe she's going to recover if she remains visible online to the extent that she is; the minute she gains a few pounds, someone will point it out to her and that can't be any good for a recovery. I suspect she needs to step away and take time to recover but won't because she enjoys the attention she gets from being online a lot.

I hope she does get well though.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd have a lot more compassion for Eugenia if she was actually, IDK, relevant?? Rather than a broken record of "hey guys!"/"like"/"oh my god"/"it's crazy"/"sooo yeah" :blahblah: and so on. I subscribed to her snapchat for a week and I could feel my brain rotting. I'd understand if she ran a channel that was engaging/interesting and did her best to keep her weight out of the conversation, but I feel like her weight is the reason most people follow her in the first place (either out of concern/jealousy/shock/whatever), which she knows, and uses to boost her following. As long as she convinces enough tweeny boppers on youtube to sustain her, well, I wish her the best. But o m g take a fish oil pill or something, the malnutrition's reached your brain :facepalm:

I agree with you completely. Never added her on snapchat because I knew she would be annoying.. My hypothesis is that she might have a degenerative disease that maybe she is embarrased to talk about (cancer?) or a virus (hiv/aids?)
She seems to get dumber and dumber as she keeps losing weight, I dont mean to be rude but I have never heard anything smart or at least funny, just plain awkward and cringey. I'm just subscribed to her youtube chanel to feed my morbid fascination lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Her "anorexia story" is all over the news everywhere. Poor kid, what I hate the most is that "serious" media just throw the "anorexia", the "unrealistic body standars for children", "more meat for this bones" and the "promoting eating disorders"; Eugenia never promoted eating disorders or actually spoke about them. Poor girl, I hope she gets the help and support she needs.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Her "anorexia story" is all over the news everywhere. Poor kid, what I hate the most is that "serious" media just throw the "anorexia", the "unrealistic body standars for children", "more meat for this bones" and the "promoting eating disorders"; Eugenia never promoted eating disorders or actually spoke about them. Poor girl, I hope she gets the help and support she needs.

I saw a video someone made about her and it seemed pretty close to harassment to me. If she is sick then none of those videos will help; all they're doing is drawing more attention to her body which isn't what she needs.

I read something recently which said that if the media wanted to genuinely help eating disorders then they'd stop talking about them quite so much, since the increase in media attention for eating disorders seems to correlate to a rise in cases. I'll try and find the article but to paraphrase the best bit, the girl writing it said that media attention for anorexia has made it appear to be a fascinating, romantic and intriguing condition with an aura of glamour about it when in reality it's much more about a lonely person spending all their time and energy panicking over every calorie they consume, while they fade out of real life.

But the media often illustrate articles about eating disorders with pictures of celebrities like Victoria Beckham, who has a busy, full, successful life (and who is slim but not emaciated), which gives a very misleading view of the realities of these conditions. I'm sure it makes some people think you can 'be anorexic' and also run a business and conceive in your forties.

Eugenia may very well need help but I haven't seen anything written or said about her by other youtubers or the media which seems really concerned with helping so much as using her to draw more attention to their own blogs or articles. If they cared, they;d stop using her for clickbait.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

It's like she avoids the word 'anorexia'...

I feel sorry for her. I hope she sorts out whatever it is that she is suffering from. She's so young and it must be really hard for her to receive so much hate online. I hope her health is okay.

It's like she avoids the word 'anorexia'...

ughhhh
concern for her wellbeing = hate
calling her mom because she's BMI 7 = bullying
worst part is, she didn't address the real concerns of her fans, only her reactionary feelings about those unnamed concerns.

I watched this video the other day, and was honestly horrified by the sheer . . . nothingness of her being. It's insane that she's walking/living/maintaining an internet presence; I have no idea how she's still alive, to be truthful. :(

It's hard, because while I want to hate her mom (and dad, if there is one in the picture; I don't follow her too closely), I realize that she is legally an adult who is ultimately in charge of making her own choices . . . but gosh, you wonder how someone can waste away to that degree without someone stepping in. I realize that there are certain legalities etc. that would probably prevent her parents from just admitting her to a treatment centre, but you'd think that, since it truly seems like a life-or-death situation, there must be something that they could do?

I mean, people can be admitted for a plethora of mental illnesses . . . why can't they do something a little less extreme to try to help her out? I don't know . . . I just hate to see someone so close to death and seemingly unaware. It's heartbreaking.

• Agree
I watched this video the other day, and was honestly horrified by the sheer . . . nothingness of her being. It's insane that she's walking/living/maintaining an internet presence; I have no idea how she's still alive, to be truthful. :(

It's hard, because while I want to hate her mom (and dad, if there is one in the picture; I don't follow her too closely), I realize that she is legally an adult who is ultimately in charge of making her own choices . . . but gosh, you wonder how someone can waste away to that degree without someone stepping in. I realize that there are certain legalities etc. that would probably prevent her parents from just admitting her to a treatment centre, but you'd think that, since it truly seems like a life-or-death situation, there must be something that they could do?

I mean, people can be admitted for a plethora of mental illnesses . . . why can't they do something a little less extreme to try to help her out? I don't know . . . I just hate to see someone so close to death and seemingly unaware. It's heartbreaking.
People can be admitted for eating disorders just as much as mental illnesses. I would never accuse someone of an eating disorder but I would freely say I think someone needs help. What's most alarming is that no one is getting help for this girl. At least from what we see, but there's no doubt she's withering away.

• Agree