Eugenia Cooney

This wasted and deathly look sets my heart beating because to me it's beautiful.

I don't kid myself it's healthy though.

@Ellie RE why her parents/friends haven't rushed her to a hospital: often EDs arise out of family dynamics. In a dysfunctional way it plays a role in the way the family relate to one another. Sometime relatives are completely oblivious to the problem because they're unconsciously colluding in the problem, or because they have no idea what to do so just go into denial. I've seen families where this is the case, including one where the daughter weighed 63lb and had been living one one scoop of ice-cream a day for 14 years.

RE why she doesn't seem depressed: anorexia is a way of dealing with emotions that really works. In almost all other ways it doesn't work at all but for suppressing emotions it is quite effective (at least for the first years, before it becomes a prison and takes everything good from your life). Anorexic people don't necessarily seem unhappy because they are dealing with their feelings in another way; through starvation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
She doesn't look like she's lost weight (depending on when you're comparing her to) but she seems a bit more tired than usual :(

RE why her parents/friends haven't rushed her to a hospital: often EDs arise out of family dynamics. In a dysfunctional way it plays a role in the way the family relate to one another. Sometime relatives are completely oblivious to the problem because they're unconsciously colluding in the problem, or because they have no idea what to do so just go into denial. I've seen families where this is the case, including one where the daughter weighed 63lb and had been living one one scoop of ice-cream a day for 14 years.

I think in her case especially, based on the little we have seen of her mom and her mom's personality, it's hard for me to imagine her mom taking the "tough love" route to try to get her daughter to change. It seems like her mom has the type of personality to cater to her daughter's whims, to do whatever she thinks can make her daughter happy on a more surface level rather than confronting the problem on a deeper level, which might mean creating more stressful, emotional situations and a greater strain on the relationship. I think sometimes a mother, in her own way, is keeping herself in denial because the reality is too hard to face.

When it came to my weight and disordered eating, my mom would cut right to the heart of the matter and not try to "spare my feelings" per se, which was more difficult at first but ultimately helped (for me). However, in other aspects (related more to my depression), it was hard for my mom to bear, so it was easier for her to just be in denial and try to ameliorate the situation more artificially (e.g., offering to take me shopping to "get my mind off" or "lighten the mood"). Since I didn't get any real help in that regard, I just remained stuck for a long time (not saying it's my mom's fault).

Reactions: 1 user
I wish she'd stop giving the stupid "rock on" hand signal. I hate to say this, but I love her figure (although I'm scared for her well-being). Her style is stupid. She seems stuck in the early 2000's. Emo, goth, and prep are very old categories that neither kids nor adults identify with anymore.

She's really skinny, but she's a sort of awkward-gangly-strange sort of skinny that I'm not sure is due to her body shape or to how she dresses/camera angles. So, not really my type.

I'm all for a lovely, skinny body but she crosses the line to me where she looks sick, wether it be from an ED or some other illness. She would look lovely if she gained about 10 lbs and someone, Dear God, anybody, would restyle her and fix her personality!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm all for a lovely, skinny body but she crosses the line to me where she looks sick, wether it be from an ED or some other illness. She would look lovely if she gained about 10 lbs and someone, Dear God, anybody, would restyle her and fix her personality!

whats wrong with her personality? That was an absolutely shitty thing to say. From what I've seen, she seems happy and bubbly. She just dresses up and makes silly videos and seems positive. It may not be someone you'd want to be friends with, but there's no reason to attack her.

Reactions: 4 users
whats wrong with her personality? That was an absolutely shitty thing to say. From what I've seen, she seems happy and bubbly. She just dresses up and makes silly videos and seems positive. It may not be someone you'd want to be friends with, but there's no reason to attack her.
I didn't post anything on her social media or say anything directly to her, did I? I posted on here expressing an opinion, which is what these forums are for. I find her to be obnoxious but this could also be to attributed to a large age gap. I apologize if you took offense but she's just not my style. We're all entitled to an opinion and obviously ours aren't alike. No need to be so defensive about it.

Reactions: 5 users
I agree with @Diamndgrl - she is annoying AF.

And WTF is going on with some of you? This site is supposed to be a place where we can get our bitch on. @Kit relax or STFU. There are a lot of other sites to go to if you want to be all sweet and supportive and politically correct.

Reactions: 23 users
I see why she attracts young pro-anas and the morbidly curious, but beyond that I really don't get her appeal. There's nothing inspiring or original about her videos or how she presents herself. She's what, 21? And her internet persona is that of a 14 year old scene kid from 2005, who seems to only hang out with her mom these days. Whether that's to do with some illness or just how she chooses to express herself, that's her business, though.

Reactions: 3 users
I think the reason she looks so so skinny is just because she's very weak and don't seem to have muscle mass at all... and I think she's very annoying as well. She just can't get over the emo phase of myspace in 2007 until now.

I really like her bubbly-ness and she is super skinny, I admire her body a lot but I think she could do a lot more to be more likable.

I hate how her 'fans' online say the reason for her size is due to her 'fast metabolism' and that she eats average, sorry but metabolism can't work wonders

Reactions: 2 users
Don't get me wrong, I am all for being skinny. I think that Eugenia's weight is her business, and her business alone (I hate all of those comments telling her to get help, eat a burger, etc.).

I do genuinely worry for her, though - she's definitely a lot skinnier than many models, and as other people have said, her muscle-mass is kind of non-existent. Here's a screen-grab from a video that she uploaded the other day:
upload_2016-8-12_22-17-17.png

I just hope that she takes care of herself. :(

Don't get me wrong, I am all for being skinny. I think that Eugenia's weight is her business, and her business alone (I hate all of those comments telling her to get help, eat a burger, etc.).

I do genuinely worry for her, though - she's definitely a lot skinnier than many models, and as other people have said, her muscle-mass is kind of non-existent. Here's a screen-grab from a video that she uploaded the other day:
View attachment 12914

I just hope that she takes care of herself. :(
I really love skinniness, but that screenshot just looks like TOO much ....:nervous:
Here is another screenshot from a recent vid....
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I mean sure, a model could probably pull off this low weight beautifully. But the way she holds herself tells me she's not comfortable with herself at all and is probably unhealthy. And her style just kind of ruins the whole look for me.