Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Yes, but I regret it!

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Maybe in the future...

Votes: 104 41.1%
  • Never, they are so tacky!

Votes: 60 23.7%

• Total voters
I don't have a tattoo and I don't really plan on getting one although I don't have a problem with other people getting them. One suggestion though: if you plan on getting any kind of professional job in the future get it somewhere that won't show. My father works for the state helping people get jobs and stuff and he says its extremely hard to get jobs if you have a tattoo that is visible.

I have two tattoos, but both of them are white ones. It is a very personal message to me, so I had to choose a place where I can see them all the time, but I didn't want everybody else to notice them. So white tattoos are perfect for me! I love them and maybe there will be more white tattoos in the future.

I think meaningful tattoo`s are beautiful. No matter what they are. If it`s a skull, dragon, or ANYTHING as long as it represent`s you in some way then It`s beautiful. I have 3 and don`t regret them. Not the most usual tattoo`s girls get I guess. I have `Jennifer Jewel`on my wrist because that`s who I am. A guns`n Roses symbol on my neck because I LOVE them and If i had a movie on my life they`d be the soundtrack. A green Yoshi on my chest representing my childhood. The next is a triforce represnting Power Wisdom & Courage.

I would really love to tattoo something related to my husband <3 <3 <3...

BUT
1) Many tell me it is a bad bad idea, to get something related to your man.
2) My man is not a fan of the idea, and think it is disgusting to inject ink inside your body.
3) I am afraid it will not look right.
4) I am more afraid of how it will look in the future, if I gain/lose weight, become really old and wrinkly.

For now, maybe I will try a temporary henna tattoo ;) I had two in the past, and was so happy with them.

I got a tattoo on my hip right when I turned 18 and fuck do I regret it. It ruins my now visible hipbones. I love tattoos in general, but I could smack my younger self for getting one there. :superpuke: I will probably get another one in the future, but most likely on my back.

I'd like to get something small, and special. I've been too scared to go, not because of the pain, but because I don't want to choose something I'd regret. When I find the right thing, I will - and I'll definitely post :grin:

I have a 'tramp stamp' lol. Some elvish writing on my lower back, which supposedly means 'magic' but I can't be sure. I think of it as meaning the inner spirit, the power we have to do good in the world.

I got it when I was 20, and I still like it. It's hide-able, and also I'm very conservative, I own lots of etiquette books and love to follow proper social protocol at all times and etc so when somebody finds out about it they are always surprised and look a little impressed, which I like.

I'm 99% sure I'll never get another one. One is enough for me.

I'd like to get something small, and special. I've been too scared to go, not because of the pain, but because I don't want to choose something I'd regret. When I find the right thing, I will - and I'll definitely post :grin:

Same.. I've always wanted a tattoo, but I want to wait until I can think of one that will be meaningful and I won't regret. I don't want to get one that can always be seen, I'd rather get a small one on my hip or back or something.

I would really love to tattoo something related to my husband <3 <3 <3...

BUT
1) Many tell me it is a bad bad idea, to get something related to your man.
2) My man is not a fan of the idea, and think it is disgusting to inject ink inside your body.
3) I am afraid it will not look right.
4) I am more afraid of how it will look in the future, if I gain/lose weight, become really old and wrinkly.

For now, maybe I will try a temporary henna tattoo ;) I had two in the past, and was so happy with them.

supposedly getting your husband/boyfriends or wifes/girlfriends name tattooed on you is a jinx :run:

:luv::luv::luv::luv:
If only I had a job and wasn't afraid to talk to people -
I'd have my fucking sleeve, my leg tattoo, my inner arm, my back-fuck my social anxiety, fuck you for making me scared of life..fuck you very much.
tattoossss2.jpg

:luv::luv::luv::luv:
If only I had a job and wasn't afraid to talk to people -
I'd have my fucking sleeve, my leg tattoo, my inner arm, my back-fuck my social anxiety, fuck you for making me scared of life..fuck you very much.
QUOTE]

unfortunately, i can relate and it sucks
but you can change for the better :) even if it does take aages you can still move forward

I love tattoos on some people, like my boyfriend. He has 7 or so and I love them, but I don't know whether I'd get any myself. I do have some self-injury scars though and I would like to maybe get a Dali horse ink sketch replicated over them. I couldn't find the one I have in mind, but this is kind of similar
DALI1627P.jpg

I would love to have a tattoo in white inc, maybe on my wrist or my ankle, on the neck or behind the ear. I don't mind big tattoos, but my style is a bit subtile, so I would like my tattos to be too. And I'd really like a poem, or some little text out of my favorite song, or a qoute from a good book.

I have two actually and am working on my third. I like places that can be cover or uncovered as desired/needed-ankles, hip bones, back, feet.

Unless you can seriously rock it for life, I'm opposed to tattoos that are on wrists, hands, faces, neck.

I see so many wanna-be's who think they are bad because they have wrist/ (insert visible place here) tattoos and don't realize what vibe they are giving off. Especially when it's not done by a professional:rolleyes:
My best friend has sleeves and she's still classy but rocks the look with flair, and she's already in an established career. Unless you have "balls" I wouldn't attempt it.
And please-unless you are commited to your look, don't.
The stupid little girls who get the japanese symbols/whatever on their bodies just for the sake of getting a tat and "rebelling", get on my nerves. Go emo elsewhere.

Tattoos are art to a lot of people. And if they are meaningless, they look stupid.

My friend, who's super petite, recently got some stupid latin phrase tattooed around both her thighs- it's like 20cm thick and goes all around. Now her previously slim legs look stumpy and trashy :facepalm:
Some tats are perhaps meant to stay as ideas and never a reality.

My friend, who's super petite, recently got some stupid latin phrase tattooed around both her thighs- it's like 20cm thick and goes all around. Now her previously slim legs look stumpy and trashy :facepalm:

Ooh that sounds unfortunate :/

Absolutely love tattoos! I see them as a kind of art but in a very private way. I already have one small cutie tat and plan to have plenty :grin:
Someday..

I'm not too fond of those super 'meaningful' stuff as I'm not quite sure if I get that correctly?! Does the tattoo need to have a story to 'tell' - I mean mine is super personal as the symbol itself is in a way part of my personality although it is not the typical 'I have the names/ birth dates/ whatever of my family on my chest - right above my heart' blah blah :rolleyes:

I guess it's just ridiculous if someone gets a tattoo for superficial (aka dumb) 'reasons' which are obviously very 'trendy' though. At least I know several people who regret their astrological signs on shoulder blades or stuff like that :facepalm: *think*! People *think*! Please, just try it.. at least once!?! Tattoos will last forever - and yes, that means longer than a trend usually does..

i said never but i don't think they are tacky if you get something that really mean's alot to you. I like hearing the meaning's behind people's tattoo's and their's are normally very small or can be easily covered.

that is sad....