Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Yes, but I regret it!

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Maybe in the future...

Votes: 104 41.1%
  • Never, they are so tacky!

Votes: 60 23.7%

• Total voters
I have tattoos and have never regretted them. Although i have seen some that i think just looks dumb on people (like godzilla destroying a city on a guy's calf) I think something small and simple can be cute. People probably think my tattoos are strange but i like them as a reminder of who I am where I've been and then I think to the future.

I have one on my ribs on my left side that is a swallow crying diamonds got it when i was 21, my other one is a peace sign with wings on my hip that i got when i was 18. Makes me remember the outlook I had on life and how eager I was to live it.

I still want more tattoos, I'm thinking of being bold and getting one on my arm by the elbow of a turnip. I know that sounds weird but I think it would be cute if done in black with a little purple for the shading. Reminds me of my roots (literally) my grandmother introduced me to them and always grows them in her garden. Also to be true to mother nature and be healthy.

i think tattoos are ok on some people. Almost every man looks good with tattoo, but not every woman.
I HATE when people say: "i did a tattoo because i want to remember a quote which is very important for me". If it's important, you will remember without getting sth written on your skin, right? If you're brave enough to get a tattoo, come on, be brave enough to admit that you did it to show off your beliefs.

Reactions: 1 user
I have 5 tattoos and I wish I had been a lot more thoughtful about them. The first two I got when I was really young, underage for getting them - one was to impress a boy (dumb!) and the second one, the tattoo artist talked me into changing the drawing I brought in (also dumb). I like the last three, (worked out my assertiveness issues...) and got exactly what I wanted. One is vines on my calf, I think it is pretty-- but hard to hide. Sometimes I really like to dress up and change my style, and that tattoo is always there. I want to remove the first two, and then get more. Someday, not a priority right now.

Some women look really beautiful with lots of tattoos, generally I think they work best with dark hair and pale skin.

i think tattoos are ok on some people. Almost every man looks good with tattoo, but not every woman.
I HATE when people say: "i did a tattoo because i want to remember a quote which is very important for me". If it's important, you will remember without getting sth written on your skin, right? If you're brave enough to get a tattoo, come on, be brave enough to admit that you did it to show off your beliefs.

Perfect post +++

I think this is a pretty cool picture of some arm tattoos

Attachments

• tattoo pic.jpg
    tattoo pic.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 173
^^These are a bit too much for me. I like it when it's more subtile, like Abbey Lee's tattoos.
090511sailormoon.jpg

asyouare8.jpg
(right ankle)

I posted "Yes, but I regret it"

I have two I regret.

Eye of Horus on nape of neck:
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4738/horus1.jpg

And "strength" in script (the image is flipped, and super-bad quality) on inner left wrist:
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7977/photoon20120301at1952.jpg

I don't hate them, I guess, just the placement, and the fact that I'm stuck with them. I got them in an act of rebellion (stupid), and hate feeling restricted because of them. It hinders a lot of clothing choices--at least, around my conservative, old-South family, and before I go on I always have to slather myself in that icky cover-tattoo paste stuff.

But yeah, that's my story! :meh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Small cute tattoos are OK in my eyes.

But any of you considering modeling - DON'T DO IT!

THIS!!! I do love my tattoos, but they have come to light at castings. I wish, when I first started getting inked I got more hideable ones or tattoos camoflauge makeup covers with ease. Makeup arists HATE my arm and I find myself sitting there apologising for being a burden :(

I voted "Never they are so tacky!" but I don't actually think they're tacky. I'm just not a tattoo person. I think they look nice on some people though. :)

I have two tattoos...actually my boyfriend is a tattoo artist so people always think it's kind of odd that I don't have more, but I work in a "normal" job and also my parents would probably disown me if I got anymore (they don't even know about the ones I have) so sticking with just the two for now!

I like tattoos on other people but the permanancy scares me a little bit...

Small tattoo's are okay. The only thing I'm worried about is when I'm old and wrinkled, and having the tattoo look all screwed up.

Small tattoo's are okay. The only thing I'm worried about is when I'm old and wrinkled, and having the tattoo look all screwed up.

Like all aspects of your appearance, tattoos need to be looked after too. They may be permanent but over time they fade/have the potential to distort. Every few years you should have them touched up. A good artist can do amazing things with tattoos. They can even thin out lines that spread out over time. I recently had to get lines on my wrist thinned out and it looks amazing now. Most tattoo studios do touch ups for free anyway....but I think when I'm 80 I'll be more concerned with dementia than how saggy my ink looks :p

I got mine when I was 18 and rebellious. Good thing it is only 1 and semi-easy to hide. However, I wish it was even easier to hide, smaller, and something more meaningful. I like tattoos, but I actually wish I hadn't gotten mine done at all.

Did you guys find yours painful? Mine more tickled me and felt uncomfortable. I was more of a wreck watching my friend get hers done.

I got my tattoo done after my freshman year of college. It's a sanskrit word "ahimsa" meaning non-harm on my ribcage. It took 45 minutes to do and the pain was awful when the tattoo artist was going over my ribs. He's said it's the most painful place, even worse than foot tattoos. I was going to originally get it done on my foot but I'm afraid of it blurring in the future. Does anyone have a foot tattoo?

@Hipbones my tattoo isn't on my foot, but a friend on mine got a fairly intricate one done about four years ago and it's holding up! She's very active, too (horseback rider) so I'm actually pretty surprised that it hasn't gotten blurry or faded.

Last edited by a moderator: