Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Yes, but I regret it!

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Maybe in the future...

Votes: 104 41.1%
  • Never, they are so tacky!

Votes: 60 23.7%

• Total voters
I have 5 tatoos i got my first one at 14 on my stomach but regretted it, i will get it re done the rest i like, 2 have my daughters names on i have a wolf,scorpion,cross,my husbands name. will be getting more work done but on the ones i got.x

I'm looking to get my first tattoo over the summer, and at least one more in future years. My tattoo I will be getting first is a quote across my inner upper arm, although I'm stuck between two quotes and can't decide which I prefer.

I'm curious; what does weight-loss do to tattoos? If I were to get one in my inner upper arm, then lose 10lbs, then gain arm muscle, will it become warped? I'm really worried about that.

I don't fit into the poll.^-^' I have tattoos on my hips, but they're not particularly meaningful. I just spent a long time trying to design them in a way I liked (even though they're so simple) and think they're pretty.:)

Theres actually a picture in my Members Pictures and Progress thread (they were fairly new though, so they still look a little scabby)

I have about 21 tattoos. i love them all. I think i got really lucky with my first artist, he taught me about "good" tattoos and bad tattoos, bad in each way he could describe. I'm working on two full sleeves by next summer, about 3/4 of the way there! I don't have any i regret:cool:

Just bringing this thread back to life with some lovely pictures of tattooed girls. I really love when girls are covered in tattoos, especially the artistic looking ones.

Thank you, those are beautiful photos.

I don't have any tattoos right now because I am both a coward and completely broke. :nopity: However, my friend just bought a tattoo gun and I think I might offer her my butt or upper thigh for practice. (After she practices on herself a little!) My dream tattoo is to assemble the Très Riches Heures into a circular star map and get that between my shoulder blades. (Circular tattoos look great there.) I also really like Odilon Redon's "The Eye Like a Strange Balloon Mounts Towards Infinity." I may wind up looking like an art-history textbook but whatevs.

Thank you, those are beautiful photos.

I don't have any tattoos right now because I am both a coward and completely broke. :nopity: However, my friend just bought a tattoo gun and I think I might offer her my butt or upper thigh for practice. (After she practices on herself a little!) My dream tattoo is to assemble the Très Riches Heures into a circular star map and get that between my shoulder blades. (Circular tattoos look great there.) I also really like Odilon Redon's "The Eye Like a Strange Balloon Mounts Towards Infinity." I may wind up looking like an art-history textbook but whatevs.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it! I know the cheap option may be appealing, but you're far better off going to someone who

A) Has trained properly
B) Has sterile equipment AND a sterile environment (No living room/kitchen/bathroom will EVER be sterile)
and C) has a lot of experience, so you won't end up with some badly done tattoo stuck on you forever! Even if it seems like shes doing well, there is still a high chance of her accidentilly fucking up, which would be awful.;o;

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it! I know the cheap option may be appealing, but you're far better off going to someone who

A) Has trained properly
B) Has sterile equipment AND a sterile environment (No living room/kitchen/bathroom will EVER be sterile)
and C) has a lot of experience, so you won't end up with some badly done tattoo stuck on you forever! Even if it seems like shes doing well, there is still a high chance of her accidentilly fucking up, which would be awful.;o;

Oh, I think I'll save the complicated/ visible tattoos for a pro, but she's a badass artist and I trust her to do her own designs. My boyfriend wants to get the 2001: A Space Odyssey monolith on his chest, which would also be hard to fuck up. HEY AT LEAST I NEVER GOT THAT STICK-AND-POKE ANARCHY "A" I WANTED IN HIGH SCHOOL PRAISE THE LORD OF GOOD DECISIONS

Oh, I think I'll save the complicated/ visible tattoos for a pro, but she's a badass artist and I trust her to do her own designs. My boyfriend wants to get the 2001: A Space Odyssey monolith on his chest, which would also be hard to fuck up. HEY AT LEAST I NEVER GOT THAT STICK-AND-POKE ANARCHY "A" I WANTED IN HIGH SCHOOL PRAISE THE LORD OF GOOD DECISIONS

Ahh alright.>O< At the end of the day its up to you, if you do go for it just be careful and try to make where ever you're doing it as clean as physically possible. <3

I have a half sleeve that is stars and swirls and it is just the outline, still needs to be finished... I have had it for almost 2 years, no regrets and it isn't even finished. I do get some stares though, but don't care :p I also have one on the back of my neck, and a little blue star on my left hand above my thumb... I plan on getting my daughters birth flower on my ribs next

I voted yes and I regret it, but only because I regret the tattoo I got, not that I got a tattoo.
I have a design I want to get on my wrist when I can afford it and I also want to somehow 'fix' the tattoo I already have.

I just need money :p

Tattoos = Beautiful :) in my opinion anyway
It's a little of what's on the inside being displayed on the outside.
I don't have any, but I do want. Ever since I found out I was born in the year of the snake I have wanted a snake anklet. And I will get it! as soon as I can afford it. Its all I really want as far as tattoos go, but I dunno... people always tell me they're addictive..

What? No poll choice for "neutral"?

I don't even get what's interesting about a tattoo. A nice one is well...just nice. Like a picture, or a sunny day. It's just nice, but I won't go mad about it.

But I don't like the "nerdy, no opinion, girl tattoos" like stars, hearts and butterflies. That's what a ball-point pen is for :grin: Or anything that covers up too much skin. Like chest, back or all arms or legs. Because those are just lovely. The skin, the muscles and the why would you permanently hide it? I sometimes wonder if really tattooed people ever feel naked :confused:

After dumping my ex, I wanted to get a tattoo... I was thinking about "new beginning" in kanji on my middle back (somewhere under bra line). I even found a studio, but didn't have enough time to do it and care for it (regular application of petroleum gel etc)...

Now that I have made that new beginning, it lost the meaning.

IMHO, tattoos are meant to designate an important event or person or something in one's life... Getting one just because is not for me...

I sometimes wonder if really tattooed people ever feel naked :confused:

It's actually very interesting that you ask that! A friend of mine is quite covered, and he says that they feel like a bit of a security blanket, so to speak. It's like he always gets to have something more than just 'him'. I'm doing an awful job explaining it, it was so lovely and poetic when he said it :p but perhaps you get the jist of his opinion.

I have 4. All tasteful in my eyes.

I have the pi symbol on my right shoulder blade. It is a tribute to my love for math, as I am a closet geek. Also it represents the never ending number that is the ratio between a circles circumference to its diameter. It is not a rational number, so we can gather that there exists no perfect circle. Thus no such thing as perfection. Keeps me in check sometimes. ;)