Tattoos

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Apple, Mar 17, 2012.

?

Do you have a tattoo (or many)?

1. I love my one, meaningful tattoo

49 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. I have too many tattoos to count!

15 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Yes, but I regret it!

12 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Maybe in the future...

93 vote(s)
    41.7%
  5. Never, they are so tacky!

54 vote(s)
    24.2%
  1. Plume

Plume SuperStar

This is exactly the kind of insight that I needed and the things I was afraid of.

I haven’t even researched how badly something like this would age so thanks for opening my eyes. Actually, I just assumed that it would age just fine because that particular image is a work of Dr. Woo, -super famous and brilliant celebrities tattooist-, but I guess that doesn’t mean much (since you’re obviously right about Cara’s finger tattoo, and many other celebrities that have really bad tats despite going to excellent artists because they can afford them).

I’m such a perfectionist that if I ever get this and it turns out bad, I would want to cut my hand off or something lol.
    Gonna forget about this, and think about something less risky.

Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Irene

Irene Rookie

I do like the design a lot, but, as already said, I'm not sure about the placement - because of career options and because I personally don't like my tattoo to be shown too much - and also you would have to find a really really good tattoo artist!
    I have one tattoo only, and I designed it myself because I already had in my head the idea of how I wanted it to look and I wasn't sure the inker could actually understand my needs. So, either you draw it yourself, or I don't know, just maybe think about it a little longer?
    Like getting it on your back could be perfect!
    Let us know what you decide and post a picture whenever you're getting it done :p

3. Fremdschämen

Fremdschämen SuperStar

It seems like you've already changed your mind, which I'm honestly glad to hear. I have seven tattoos myself, and most reputable places absolutely refuse to tattoo your face, hands*, or neck unless you're already completely covered in ink, because those areas are so visible and basically impossible to hide. I think I've mentioned it on the forum before, but they call tattoos in those places "job killers" because they're going to be the first thing any potential employer looks at. One of my friends has her head tattooed, and she most places still wouldn't consider tattooing her in those places.

*The exception seems to be small finger tattoos, or things on the wrist. Those seem to be mainstream enough that you can get away with them, but I'd still be wary.

• Agree Agree x 2