Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Yes, but I regret it!

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Maybe in the future...

Votes: 104 41.1%
  • Never, they are so tacky!

Votes: 60 23.7%

• Total voters
I have a small Libra sign on my ankle. i got it when I was 18 and I was perfectly content with the one because to me it symbolized the true meaning of the sign, balance. If I have balance in my life then nothing could get out of control. Its how I've tried to live, tried being the key word, but it's a reminder to me everyday.

I guess because I love art so much, and have been drawing for years, It's natural that I'd like tattoos. However... the big, full arm/back/chest, tons of colors tattoos kind bother me. I like small, maybe simple, and meaningful tattoos a whole lot more!

I got a tattoo when I turned 17; my parents signed the waver. Now, at 22, I absolutely hate it. I can't wait to get it removed. It's a band tattoo; a band I still do like, but no longer want on my body.

I got two tattoos on my friend's bedroom floor when I was 16. It was a dumb, spur of the moment decision. Luckly they're on my sides so they're covered up easily.

As much as I love tattoos, I don't see myself getting one. I'm too indecisive to have something that permanent on me :s

Reactions: 1 user
Tacky and PERMANENT! Why why why? They may have been cool when they weren't so common, now I feel like not having a tattoo makes me unique.

I think they look tacky and fairly cheap in general. Maybe that's just because of the sort of people who usually have tattoos. I cringe whenever I see a model with a tattoo.

I think tattoos are a very personal choice. If someone gets a tattoo that has a deeper meaning, weather it be religious, symbolic, or anything that's important to them, that's fine. For me personally, I wouldn't do it, but some people have nice tattoos that look good on them :)

Just don't get a tramp stamp that doesn't mean anything! Thats... just...:wtf:

I like tatoos mainly on guys. And it has to be a lot too, like a sleeve or something.
Some girls however REALLY look good with tatoos
Eg. Levy Tran:
Levy+Tran_iphone+wallpaper_4.jpg

But again, it has to be a lot.

I think well done tattoos can be works of art. However the majority I see are not in that category. I wouldn't get a tattoo mainly because I can't imagine anything I would want on my body like that forever.

Years ago a friend wanted a tattoo and drew what she wanted (it was simple) in the place she would wear it. She touched it up with permanent marker every few days for two years. She figured if she still liked it after two years she would like it forever. 10 years later she is still happy with it.

I have 5. Most are literary themed: a Sylvia Plath quotation, a Kafka quotation, a honeysuckle branch representing The Sound & The Fury and also all the women in my family (it's the scent that my Mom and Grandma wore). Last two are an anatomical heart, which some people think is creepy, and two freckles that I share with my best friend. The freckles are the only ones (on my wrist) that can't be covered up. My partner and I have talked about getting each other's birthmarks but as others have said I'm worrying about jinxing the relationship. :hmm:

I don't really like the look of tattoos. I think that if I ever got one, it would have to be small and classy. I think those ones, ones that are meaningful, are fine. But I don't like the look of a lot of big tattoos. Particularly those colored ones.

Years ago a friend wanted a tattoo and drew what she wanted (it was simple) in the place she would wear it. She touched it up with permanent marker every few days for two years. She figured if she still liked it after two years she would like it forever. 10 years later she is still happy with it.

That's such a great idea!!

I have 1 small one on my hipbone that I got when I was 19.
I've wanted a tiny dove on my ribs (the size of a dime, perhaps) forever and I think I'll be good.
Large tattoos/sleeves/multiple tats are just not my thing.

Does anyone here have a white ink tattoo?

They look so interesting, I was scrolling through tumblr when I came across a photo and it caught my attention:grin: It seems like they'd be a lot easier to hide if need be:)

Oooh I love Sylvia Plath. I was devastated when she didnt come up as one of the poets in my English exam. What quote do you have?

Obviously I love her too. It's from Lady Lazarus-
"Dying
Is an art, like everything else.
I do it exceptionally well.

I do it so it feels like hell.
I do it so it feels real"

photo7.jpg

my tattoo right after I got it done, so excuse the redness. haha
Not for everyone understandably so, but I love mine. No regrets.