• Yes, but I regret it!

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Maybe in the future...

Votes: 104 41.1%
  • Never, they are so tacky!

Votes: 60 23.7%

• Total voters
I have 4. All tasteful in my eyes.

I have the pi symbol on my right shoulder blade. It is a tribute to my love for math, as I am a closet geek. Also it represents the never ending number that is the ratio between a circles circumference to its diameter. It is not a rational number, so we can gather that there exists no perfect circle. Thus no such thing as perfection. Keeps me in check sometimes. ;)

i love math too! I think that is so cool :cool::grin:

Boyfriends name = A BIG FUCKING NO

A large piece without AT LEAST a couple of years of thinking about it = NO

Face portraits... I've seen very few good ones BUT the good ones tend to be amazing and incredibly pleasing to the eye

Face and neck tattoos = NO

This = NO

images

That being said, almost all of the ones you guys have posted are gorgeous. It also depends on the person and how they carry it. Out of the NO's I've listed, I've seen at least one exception to the rule. And I know its just a show but something like this? Well, he could have a giant toilet tattooed on his chest and I'd still hit it ;)

michael-scofield-prison-break7325.jpg

I hate tattoos, they're so tacky to me! However, how cool would it be to have a small Chanel logo?
Raquel :luv:
chanel_tattoo_1.jpg

Fine, it's makeup here, but it still looks cool
KL.jpg

fashion-week-chanel-neck-tattoo-1.jpg

Boyfriends name = A BIG FUCKING NO

A large piece without AT LEAST a couple of years of thinking about it = NO

Face portraits... I've seen very few good ones BUT the good ones tend to be amazing and incredibly pleasing to the eye

Face and neck tattoos = NO

This = NO

images

michael-scofield-prison-break7325.jpg

This sums up everything. I love tattoos, but, God, what's wrong with people?

My boyfriend has some really silly ones that he regrets because he didn't think them through. Like he's gone through amazing, earth shattering things in his life, but he'd rather plan out an arm sleeve of videogame/anime characters? I don't really get him in that respect... Meanwhile, I got my huge back piece after dreaming about it for six years and the quote is still relevant and powerful to me. I can't call a tattoo stupid if it does that to the bearer, no exceptions.

My only exception with silly tattoos are ones that are amazingly well done, realistic looking, a real work of art. Then I'll let anything fly, really.

This sums up everything. I love tattoos, but, God, what's wrong with people?

I got my huge back piece after dreaming about it for six years and the quote is still relevant and powerful to me. I can't call a tattoo stupid if it does that to the bearer, no exceptions.

My only exception with silly tattoos are ones that are amazingly well done, realistic looking, a real work of art. Then I'll let anything fly, really.

Exactly

BTW, your back piece sounds beautiful; I know you didn't physically describe it but I mean beautiful in a poetic manner :)

Exactly

BTW, your back piece sounds beautiful; I know you didn't physically describe it but I mean beautiful in a poetic manner :)

Why thank you :luv: . That's exactly how I feel about it too. That's why I just can't judge a tattoo that makes a person feel that way!

when I turned 19 and moved out of my parents house, I got tiny sparrows (not bigger than a nail) tattooed on my shoulder. I forget they're there sometimes, but whenever I notice them I always remember about changes, journeys and being right where you're supposed to be.

I have two tattoos right now, both meaningful to me, and I plan to get more.

This is Virgo the Virgin, since my astrological sign is a Virgo. I fell in love with this drawing when I was 15. I just got it done in June. It was fresh in this picture. Please pay no attention to my arms, I'm working on those ._.
39239143531051983644865.jpg

And this is a carnation (January birth flower) with my daughters name and birth date. The ladybug represents her in general, since I call her my little lovebug.
img20120220193333.jpg

I've always been on the fence about tattoos since my parents are so against them, but I'm leaning towards them more than ever these days. I plan on getting a matryoshka tattooed between my shoulder blades while I'm abroad in Moscow next spring... granted I have the courage to.

Does anyone have any good tattooist recommendations for the South of England, Northern Ireland or Northern France?

I shudder when I think about the guy that did my last ones... :meh:. But I was young and stupid so I went right ahead! Luckily the design was very simple so he didn't fuck that up, and he didn't kill me either :)

But now I want more and this time I'd like it to be someone sane and stable. And good at tattooing.

Does anyone have any good tattooist recommendations for the South of England, Northern Ireland or Northern France?

I shudder when I think about the guy that did my last ones... :meh:. But I was young and stupid so I went right ahead! Luckily the design was very simple so he didn't fuck that up, and he didn't kill me either :)

But now I want more and this time I'd like it to be someone sane and stable. And good at tattooing.

http://411.bme.com/

This website is great, and their recommendations are all bound to very very good :) check out their ModBlog e-zine for an idea of their standard, there's some incredible stuff!

PHP:
I'm thinking about just choosing the one with 'evil' the most times in its name. Is this a good plan?
:lol: best plan!

I voted option B. I can still count them, though ;) I've got five and plan on more. Until now they're all in black ink, I'm not sure about colors yet.
And they all are very meaningful to me.

A Heartagram between my shoulder blades
A razorblade with a heart-shaped centerpiece on the inside of my right lower leg
There's No 'I' In Team on the inside of my left upper arm
Love★ on my right wrist
The silhouette of a mic-swinging Adam Lazzara on the inside of my right upper arm

I'd love to get my forearms tattooed, but unfortunately they are covered in scars which are not easily covered up..
And I plan on tattoos on my feet, but first I have to break my kitten's habit to attack and scratch them :D

Thanks, when I find the time to do so, I'll see where I have some pics or take new ones :kiss:

I have a small one that I got done years ago on a whim with my best friend at the time. Please note "at the time". It's a little bitter to look at it now so I have to "rebrand" the narrative around it in my head :) Or get it lasered off (ow).

I chose "too many to count" because I definitely have more than one, but the total is four and I can definitely count that high, haha!

Mine are a sunflower on my left wrist (it's a memorial tattoo and very special to me), a band around my right forearm (the border from our wedding invitations and a birthday gift from my husband), and symmetrical sort of paisley designs on my hips that have a lot of symbolism tucked into them. I designed and did the original drawings for all of them, and they are all done in a henna color instead of traditional black ink.

I definitely plan on getting a few more - probably on my right ankle and my left shoulder blade. After that, we shall see - I love having them and I'm not sure I'll actually be able to stop after 6!

I have just one, tiny (2x2cm) tattoo. It's beneath my hip, always covered by panties - I was 15 when I did it and my parents still don't know I have it, hence the location.
I did it with my best friend, we did the same tattoo. I designed the symbol, it's really simple, 2 lines with triangles on top of them (think Greek pillars) and a triangle in between. It represent both our initials (M and N) and another thing, a secret that brought us together.
I will never regret it. We've been friends for 7 years. Currently, we don't even live in the same country, but our relationship is as strong as ever, we haven't drifted apart by an inch. I'd do anything for her and vice versa.
If we ever fall apart, I'll still cherish the tattoo as a visual reminder of the best years of my life. :)

I like how a lot of you girls also have the ''one, meaningful tattoo''. :)
Also, you girls with many tattoos, I believe they're totally awesome and that you are absolute artists in walking that thin cool/tacky line.

I love the openmindedness of the ''maybe in the future'' majority, and respect the ''it's tacky'' opinion - because I sort of agree. First of all, 90% of tattoos you see in the street are uber-tacky. Why? Because the non-tacky ones are, in most cases, also the ones that are hidden. On the other hand, you said you would never get a tattoo, not just that those you see are tacky, and I get and respect that too. Some girls are just too classy or ladylike or grown up and a tattoo would never fit them.

To sum it up, you girls fail to disappoint me even in areas that are not skinny related. Firms my belief that people who prefer skinny are just cooler in general. xD

Reactions: 1 user