Romee Strijd

Oh my god this thread is like the unfolding of a tragedy... Not just her body but the food choices through which she's gaining the weight are so tragic.

Does anyone think this backslide is related to the amount she works out? I used to really want the skinny fit fit fit Romee at her lowest sort of look but I would just get super drained and exhausted and found that restricting just works best for me, along with light yoga and cardio *when I feel like it.* I'm not sure if it's just my personal predilections or whether extremely athletic and skinny is more difficult to sustain. In theory I feel there's a sense in which it might be easier i.e. if you get used to the workouts, and your body has a slightly higher metabolism, health benefits etc. but hmm.
At my smallest at the start of the year I was exercising heaps (running 70km a week and working out at the gym plus cycling) and I didn’t have many problems sustaining it mentally but I did get injured. I think that everyone is so different and you have to find what works for you in terms of maintaining your ideal. The most likely thing that happened to Romee is that she burnt out/wasn’t motivated enough to maintain her physique through diet and exercise and found that she enjoys food and relaxing more than she enjoyed her physique at the time... which is a pity in my opinion as I used to love her body and don’t understand how let herself go like this

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oh my god this thread is like the unfolding of a tragedy... Not just her body but the food choices through which she's gaining the weight are so tragic.

Does anyone think this backslide is related to the amount she works out? I used to really want the skinny fit fit fit Romee at her lowest sort of look but I would just get super drained and exhausted and found that restricting just works best for me, along with light yoga and cardio *when I feel like it.* I'm not sure if it's just my personal predilections or whether extremely athletic and skinny is more difficult to sustain. In theory I feel there's a sense in which it might be easier i.e. if you get used to the workouts, and your body has a slightly higher metabolism, health benefits etc. but hmm.

Maybe, but she doesn't work out more than your average (VS) model imo. Half an hour of cardio a day or a short pilates sesh is nothing, especially when taking into account all the hours she is sedentary (on planes mostly). I would say her workload is very reasonable and sustainable.

If I was to speculate what caused her weight gain I would say it was a mix of emotional eating (she does only VS, her life is very monotonous; no real perspectives; trapped in a vicious circle, maybe burned out; always with Laurens; always on the road) and a natural body's response to heavy restriction in the past. It is painful to admit but your body will always demand food - sooner or later. I bet she has a binging problem, if anything. She used to be so disciplined... do you think a person who's naturally self-restrained loses that ability? It's either biology + psychology... or she really got to comfortable. When you hit models.com money list it can potentially change your perception.
Either or.

• Agree
Even Karlie is thinner than her... And I bet Romee doesn't eat healthy considering that she's looking thick and doesn't have energy. She might be in a cycle of bingeing and restricting. :meh:

Does anyone think this backslide is related to the amount she works out?
Physical effects of intense workouts aside, I find that there’s definitely a mental component. If you equate intense workouts with weight loss, you’re more likely to “give up” or take a “cheat day” on the days you don’t get to work out, or don’t feel like working out. Maybe physical exhaustion prevented her from working out as much, which led to a relinquishing of control in all other aspects of her weight loss.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Even Karlie is thinner than her... And I bet Romee doesn't eat healthy considering that she's looking thick and doesn't have energy. She might be in a cycle of bingeing and restricting. :meh:

Also this looks like it was filmed forever ago- it’s NYC in the summertime.

I think it depends on the person, as I've personally found that restricting regularly doesn't work as well for me as exercising a lot and eating really clean food in reasonably large portions (I do IF too though). This way I can achieve the skinny fit look (super skinny-fit Romee is my favourite thinspo) and don't binge or feel as drained as when I'm eating too little, which also impacts my alertness at school.

I think that it depends on willpower too though, as I know I'm much more willing to commit to regular workouts than to restricting 🤷‍♀️ So while I agree with you to some extent, my opinion is that it's very dependent on the person as to whether they can achieve and maintain the skinny-fit aesthetic

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
everyone following this thread knows that romee loves her snacks, but I was truly shocked when I saw this in her most recent video (although I did know she packed and traveled with food I didn’t know she packed WHOLE SUITCASES full of food 😳)
A538BD30-EF1D-45B3-8D14-8B89CC92FB6C.png

• Pig
  • WTF
  • Gross
Reactions: 15 users
everyone following this thread knows that romee loves her snacks, but I was truly shocked when I saw this in her most recent video (although I did know she packed and traveled with food I didn’t know she packed WHOLE SUITCASES full of food 😳)
View attachment 69724

OT, but this is our ex-nanny (she was crazy overweight, at least 230lbs and only 24 years old) complained about not being able to buy soft drinks when we went to the Caribbean. Where I live, people are healthy and eat cassava bread, fruits and veggies that they pick. People don’t believe in anything that comes in packages. They don’t trust it. She was floored by this and complained every day and said her contract stated we needed to provide meals (true, it does, and we provided fruits, bread, fish and vegetables which she didn’t touch). Anyway, we go to Tokyo, start unpacking my child’s suitcase and find half of it (no exaggeration) 2 buckets of millionaire shortbreads, several packets of candy of crisps/chips, soft drinks and other shit. It was a massive suitcase, big enough to fit a stroller in the other half, FYI. We were there for 14 days, which I thought would mean this food would last her. No. Ha! Day 5 rolls around and she’s asking to go to the FamilyMart across the road with our prepaid Monzo card... fine, whatever. Except... she spends £70 on snacks/junk alone!! Keep in mind, Japan is great for healthy options. She must’ve just been stuffing herself every evening when she went to her room. Oh, and we had to upgrade all our seats on the Shinkansen because she couldn’t fit in the regular seats without spilling onto other people. It was so fucking expensive!! 😭
I love packing my nori snacks, aloe drinks and snacks for the flight, but I can fit all of it in my two hands. Imagine, a suitcase, filled to the brim with junk to consume... :disgusted:

• Gross
Reactions: 1 users
View attachment 69724
Oh lord... and it’s not like she’s packing pre-made salads, fruit, veggies and a few protein bars (though an entire suitcase’s worth of that still would be extremely excessive), no, she is literally bringing a suitcase filled with chips, popcorn and snacks. What the heck Romee? What happened?

Doesn't matter where she is going... there's no need to bring that much food. Some snacks for the plane it's fine, but I'm sure she can find fruits and healthy meals everywhere

• Agree
View attachment 69724
Here’s the nutrition info for some of these, propelled by my own curiosity & time for a little Google search.
1578000561566.jpeg
1578000591385.jpeg
1578000916156.png

^’Mustache Munchies’ cheddar cheese crackers.
78FA4CE2-9814-4C2E-A15A-793CD9FDA587.jpeg

^Rude Health buckwheat & chia crackers.

She really can't be doing that well mentally. Stumbled upon this video, which is only 1,5 years old. She's gained SO much.
Those collarbones and arms though 🍾

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
sometimes when I’m sad about her decline I just go and watch that video of her doing ballet beautiful a few yrs ago to feel better 😂

I'll just leave it here.
Sad reacts only.

View attachment 70146
This is actually shocking. Romee back in her prime used to be my thinspo, now she’s my reverse thinspo 🥺 I’m guessing this is from her newest what I eat in a day video but I haven’t watched it yet because I’m guessing it’s just an endless parade of matcha lattes, açaí bowls, random unecessary snacks, etc :supershame:

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
For those who don’t want to spend 25 minutes watching, essentially she & Jasmine Tookes “switch” eating patterns for the day. Nearly all of Jasmine’s orders were some sort of fried, greasy meat (bacon & buttered bread for breakfast, enormous chimichanga for lunch). Romee’s, while perhaps seemingly more healthy because due to the inclusion of fruits and veg, were described by Jasmine as “very heavy” and “extremely sweet.” At least Jasmine eats (or says to eat) smaller portions of her meals.:hibye:

Reactions: 3 users