These are from her blog:
OliviaPalermo1.jpg

Olivia-Palermo.jpg

OliviaPalermo-NYC-Ballet.jpg

Olivia-Palermo-Dior.jpg

Jeans don't do her legs justice!

Lunch time (or apparently)

85899PCN_Palermo03.jpg

Her sweater! And her boyfriends coat! Wow. I want that. Sometimes the most amazing finds are in the men's department at H&M. It also seems like the quality of the fabrics there are generally better than in the women's section - if this is true and not some kind of placebo-effect, then perhaps it is so because men are more demanding concerning the quality of the clothes, as opposed to us craving the latest fix trend-wise? Which of course will be worn five times tops, and then discarded in favor of that new burgundy strapless corset with an embroidered leopard-print pattern.

Just wanted to comment on this: as someone who has always intrinsically preferred not stepping out of the house without feeling put-together, I find the duality between the acceptability of the public persona in Europe vs. America very interesting. I have had many male European friends and acquaintances tell me they are baffled by the sloppiness of American women out and about in public – how they seem to run around with very little eye towards personal appearance. This attitude is certainly reflected in practice: if you go to most European cities, you'll find, on average, more people are “styled” and are putting forth a degree of effort when they leave their house.

Stateside, this mentality seems to be shunned by a lot of people: being immaculately dressed can almost make you a target, or at least a spectacle of curiosity. People constantly ask me why I'm so dressed up – but the truth of the matter is a) I love beautiful clothes and putting them together, it gives me a sense of pride and a freedom of creativity and b) It's ingrained in me that you step out of the house looking somewhat presentable. I don't always wear makeup, I don't really wear heels anymore and I never have my hair immaculately done or anything (simple bun is enough for me), but I don't go to so much as the store in my pajamas, either. I actually love and respect Olivia's constant presentability and the fact she always looks like she's put some thought into what she's wearing. She doesn't look fake to me, just style-conscious.

I think it's sort of a fine line, because I adamantly believe people should dress to feel comfortable, but at the same time, do people not have standards anymore? Nothing makes me cringe internally more than seeing the Brentwood housewife look of dyed blonde hair, deep tan and hot pink Juicy velour tracksuit, or the ubiquitous JAP uniform of huge, loose 250 dollar Aritzia sweatpants stuffed into floppy looking, salt encrusted Uggs that seems to be sported by half the people where I live come Winter-time. THAT SAID. I fucking love Lululemon yoga pants, I'm such a convert, and will sometimes wear those out between going to the gym and going home, so maybe I'm just a huge hypocrite.

Going to the gym and back is the only time that attire can be respected. And judging by the shape of the stretch-clad bodies that usually sport this look, that is the only sporting they do. A grave generalization, I am aware, and obviously my opinion (I guess since I am female I should humbly kick a can and point out that everyone is entitled to their own and so forth, instead of slapping mine around in a cocky manner).

The description of European style and mentality is pretty accurate. Norway is pretty sloppy compared to the continent, though... And we are getting more and more American every dreary day.

Just wanted to comment on this: as someone who has always intrinsically preferred not stepping out of the house without feeling put-together, I find the duality between the acceptability of the public persona in Europe vs. America very interesting. I have had many male European friends and acquaintances tell me they are baffled by the sloppiness of American women out and about in public – how they seem to run around with very little eye towards personal appearance. This attitude is certainly reflected in practice: if you go to most European cities, you'll find, on average, more people are “styled” and are putting forth a degree of effort when they leave their house.

Stateside, this mentality seems to be shunned by a lot of people: being immaculately dressed can almost make you a target, or at least a spectacle of curiosity. People constantly ask me why I'm so dressed up – but the truth of the matter is a) I love beautiful clothes and putting them together, it gives me a sense of pride and a freedom of creativity and b) It's ingrained in me that you step out of the house looking somewhat presentable. I don't always wear makeup, I don't really wear heels anymore and I never have my hair immaculately done or anything (simple bun is enough for me), but I don't go to so much as the store in my pajamas, either. I actually love and respect Olivia's constant presentability and the fact she always looks like she's put some thought into what she's wearing. She doesn't look fake to me, just style-conscious.

I think it's sort of a fine line, because I adamantly believe people should dress to feel comfortable, but at the same time, do people not have standards anymore? Nothing makes me cringe internally more than seeing the Brentwood housewife look of dyed blonde hair, deep tan and hot pink Juicy velour tracksuit, or the ubiquitous JAP uniform of huge, loose 250 dollar Aritzia sweatpants stuffed into floppy looking, salt encrusted Uggs that seems to be sported by half the people where I live come Winter-time. THAT SAID. I fucking love Lululemon yoga pants, I'm such a convert, and will sometimes wear those out between going to the gym and going home, so maybe I'm just a huge hypocrite.

I totally agree with this. I am from Australia, but I live in Italy and I prefer how average people dress here in Europe a lot more than in Australia.

Whenever I go back home I see people out shopping in leggings with flipflops and sweaters, hair piled on top of their head like they just woke up. Board shorts ect ect.

I get it if you are leaving the gym or actually at the beach ect, but god just dress yourself properly.

I wouldn't dare do that here. People would stare at me. I've even run of the house once before, forgetting i have flip flops on, and someone asked me if was going to the beach.

In the past I have always loved clothes and makeup and doing my hair anyway, but in Australia people always made me feel dumb for it. Like 'why are you SO dressed up?' like I have low self esteem or something and need to overcompensate. But I just feel better, like a respectable person if i go out dressed nicely and well presented. I am not talking about spending a lot of money either.

I know this is an old pic, but I love this dress on her. She just always looks so well put together.

Attachments

• Olivia+Palermo+Dresses+Skirts+Cocktail+Dress+mAwcdylAWRKl.jpg
    Olivia+Palermo+Dresses+Skirts+Cocktail+Dress+mAwcdylAWRKl.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 150
I think she's thin just not toned AT ALL I don't think it really matters to her considering most of the time she wears clothes and not bikinis, she's just very flat

Her body is adorable!! I like it. I'm loving the new beach photos. I would say we have similar bodies. I'm probably a tad more toned in the midsection and taller @ 5'8.

I think she's thin just not toned AT ALL I don't think it really matters to her considering most of the time she wears clothes and not bikinis, she's just very flat

Agree. I like her though. But that's the misconception with short girls in clothes. You always think they're nice and skinny and toned but not always. It's the same with the Olsens. I think it's difficult to find skinny short girls.

How is she only 5'4?!!!!!!!
Just goes to show how being skinny makes you look so tall and elegant. Either that, or it's those ridiculously fabulous legs she's got.

How is she only 5'4?!!!!!!!
Just goes to show how being skinny makes you look so tall and elegant. Either that, or it's those ridiculously fabulous legs she's got.

Also proportions. She seems tobe well proportioned, thus creating the illusion of being taller. And I agree that a bit of toning would make her body killer.