Lindsay Lohan

Wow. I am really happy that she is feeling better but I really hope she learns how to slim down without using drugs. This look is terrible and makes me really sad because I loved her when she was my thinspo.

I loved her when she was super skinny. She looks really frumpy. I don't know what it is though...I think her face is distorted. Even when she was heavier back in her Mean girls days there was still something cute about her...now she reminds me of fat Mischa Barton!!

Wow. I am really happy that she is feeling better but I really hope she learns how to slim down without using drugs. This look is terrible and makes me really sad because I loved her when she was my thinspo.

i agree with you! i feel sorry for her and i really want her to get better- mentally and bodywise at the same time. i would love to see her having a real comeback this time!

Aug 5, 2013

lindsay-lohan-hosts-chelsea-lately-03.JPG

I loved her when she was super skinny. She looks really frumpy. I don't know what it is though...I think her face is distorted. Even when she was heavier back in her Mean girls days there was still something cute about her...now she reminds me of fat Mischa Barton!!

It's from years of binge drinking, drugs, too much Botox/fillers, and bad decisions.
And not taking care of yourself!

Did she get knocked up in rehab?

Think it's more like she couldn't do her drugs of choice and not have an appetite.

If she's actually going to get clean this time and stay that way, I can't do anything but cheer her on. Her family has really done a number on her - I can't help but feel bad for her and other celebs like Britney Spears. Their weight is the least of their worries.

Did she get knocked up in rehab?

Doubt it. People gain a LOT of weight rapidly in rehab, there's nothing to do but sit around & eat, plus being sober = an actual appetite and more food cravings. Also, eating certain foods in large amounts (mainly sugar, simple carbs, and fat) cause the brain to release chemicals that can simulate a very, very, VERY mild drug high so eating makes addicts feel temporarily better. The faster you gain weight, the more likely it is to go to your stomach before it redistributes overtime.

Her family has really done a number on her - I can't help but feel bad for her and other celebs like Britney Spears. Their weight is the least of their worries.

I feel like bitch saying this, but Britney Spears is 31, has a net worth of 200 million dollars and kids. Same goes for Lohan- she might be in a bad situation now, but she had a lot of support from fans and other people around her, she had money and more than enough chances. Whatever her family was, she's an adult now and should be able to sort out her sh*t. A lot of people have messed up childhoods and they have to deal with them without having such funds and opportunities. Addiction or whatever else Lohan is going through is hard, but she had so many chances (a lot more than a normal person would get), she went to countless rehabs, she had an opportunity to rethink her actions and get her life together in jail, and she changed nothing. I just don't feel sorry for her anymore.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like bitch saying this, but Britney Spears is 31, has a net worth of 200 million dollars and kids. Same goes for Lohan- she might be in a bad situation now, but she had a lot of support from fans and other people around her, she had money and more than enough chances. Whatever her family was, she's an adult now and should be able to sort out her sh*t. A lot of people have messed up childhoods and they have to deal with them without having such funds and opportunities. Addiction or whatever else Lohan is going through is hard, but she had so many chances (a lot more than a normal person would get), she went to countless rehabs, she had an opportunity to rethink her actions and get her life together in jail, and she changed nothing. I just don't feel sorry for her anymore.

Nothing more I could add, this is just so true!

Fame and substance abuse often come hand in hand, and there are many sad examples for that... but also many famous people who kept their shit together.

I feel like Linds is trying very very hard to make her behaviours a part of her image.
This already worked for Charlie Sheen - he basically made his career off being an alcoholic, drug-abusing, promiscuous douche - so maybe she thought to act as a female counterpart.

Well, Britney is mentally ill enough that her father still has a conservatorship over her - those things aren't granted lightly. Whatever information the judge is privy to, it must be severe. Plus, with Lohan, lots of addicts cycle through the criminal justice system and rehab tons of times, whether they are famous or not. I see it a lot with my job and maybe that's why I have empathy for her. It takes a lot of tries to get sober, and it's harder when you're surrounded by toxic people. At any rate, I didn't mean to start a debate over Hollywood, addiction, and recovery, so I'll stop now and we can get back to snarking! :)

Well, Britney is mentally ill enough that her father still has a conservatorship over her - those things aren't granted lightly. Whatever information the judge is privy to, it must be severe. Plus, with Lohan, lots of addicts cycle through the criminal justice system and rehab tons of times, whether they are famous or not. I see it a lot with my job and maybe that's why I have empathy for her. It takes a lot of tries to get sober, and it's harder when you're surrounded by toxic people. At any rate, I didn't mean to start a debate over Hollywood, addiction, and recovery, so I'll stop now and we can get back to snarking! :)

And there are tons of people who seem like they've got it together but are silently destructing. Her family was a cause, yes, but she's an adult now. I don't feel sorry for her although I am empathetic. It is what it is & people have moved past it and forgiven their families. I hope she gets to a better mental place but making excuses and attributing blame is essentially avoiding responsibility. No excuses, just hard work.

Having so much money and opportunities contributes to the issue. I don't remember who was the celebrity that mentioned in an interview that whenever she went out to clubs, promoters and owners would offer drugs in order for her to go back there. She was underage. At that age, you are more prone to try. Everyone around you is doing it, it helps with your job. Then when it becomes an addiction, it's already too late. And you have loads of money so there is no economical reason not to call your dealer on a daily basis.
Take away all her money and then watch. I don't think she would be the kind of person who would steal for drugs.

It doesn't matter what age a person goes through addiction or problems, they're hard for anybody. However, I do think if a person experiences a addiction or whatever I would say it's harder to come out of it as an adult than someone that is younger because of the damage done to the brain.

I agree with you. But any case, anyone else hear that Amanda was friends (or still is) with Sam Lufti (the ex-manager behind Britney that some blame for her breakdown)? I would say that's an interesting develoment if it's true.

Now back to Lindsay...
In my opinion Lindsay was never skinny and she'll never be. Even before she entered rehab you could tell she was on her way on becoming a whale. I'm not surprised at all, she seems to like partying, drugs and fame way to much to actually get her act together. I'd actually be very surprised if she finally does get it together but I wouldn't bet on it anytime soon.

At least she looks happy. Like, real happy. Not drunk happy, or meth happy.

I only wish happiness upon those whom I like. Her happiness means nothing to me.

Michael+Kors+Fall+2009+Show+Women+Management+New+York+Blog+Snejana+Onopka+detail.jpg

(But seriously, I do I agree on some level I just.. ugh, she bothers me so much with her seeming sense of self-entitlement and her constant squandering of oppurtunities that it's hard for me to emphasize with her whatsoever).

@Allie - yeah, I understand. I didn't mean I'm glad she is happy, I just think addictions are terrible and she looks better, hopefully getting over them.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Allie - yeah, I understand. I didn't mean I'm glad she is happy, I just think addictions are terrible and she looks better, hopefully getting over them.

Yeah, I totally know what you mean as well.

Also! I mean empathize, not emphasize.

Although I really must emphasize the size of her thighs...

Last edited by a moderator: