Lily Rose Depp

Didn't know this, my apologies. I thought she went to school in Hollywood for some reason. I just know her mother is French but I didn't assume her ancestry automatically meant she would be fluent, for I don't speak the language of my ancestors. I am also not a close follower of Lily Rose Depp.
She does go to school in LA....she goes to Oakwood. She never went to school in France

Oh, my friend said that she attended some grades at International School of Paris when he was studying there, maybe he was mistaken. @espressoenthusiast

she may have as a little girl, but i know her indirectly through friends (100+ mutuals on fb) and she has gone to oakwood all of middle/high school, with a 6 month break this past yera.

Reactions: 1 user
SO AKWARD.

I sometimes forget that people on this forum actually know what they're talking about - as opposed to in real life where people genuinely have no idea about things like this.
I don't believe anyone on Earth would know Lily and not Vanessa..she's an icon. Sans those born after 94 I guess..I'm feeling old.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't believe anyone on Earth would know Lily and not Vanessa..she's an icon. Sans those born after 94 I guess..I'm feeling old.

eh I'm born after 94 and I know this. But alsooooo, its mentioned in the first post of this thread (Lily Rose Depp, daughter of Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis...) so anyone posting should know this :whistling:

anyone in social scenes below the mason dixon line...not that i want to...

Rant Alert:

We have our own thing, with a pronounced emphasis on manners* and gratitude. If you go to a southerner's luncheon/tea/shindig/bonfire, you'll have a strong drink in hand and courses of food. But no vegan options. Or gluten free anything. Wtf is green juice. No special snowflakes or open conceit/narcissism. Your focus is always to be on others and not yourself (or should at least should appear to be). Unlike NYC/LA, no one is going to flat tell you what to wear/eat/think but they will relay what Jesus said that one time.

proxy

Also, shit can get weird and usually involves guns. Oh, and have you accepted Christ as your personal Lord and Savior?

*the things northerners/LA folks do at a dinner table!! No, it's not chill to chew with your mouth open, talk with food in your mouth, play with your dirty-ass phone with your elbows all over everything, blow your nose into your napkin (yes, at the table:headbang:) all while going on and on about yourself or your opinions. My mother would beat me if she saw me doing anything like this--much less in front of company--yet the majority of yuppies do it. Also, ya'll sound ridiculous and I'm not talking to you anymore.:tsk:

Sorry, rant. South vs. North + LA is a pet peeve.
I wanted to move to the city forever thinking everyone would be so smart and cultured compared to the south. :spitlaugh:

Reactions: 4 users
I am still undecided about this girl.

I can't pass that feeling of 'if her surname would be Miller/Brown/Davis... she would be some teenager from next door'.

Reactions: 3 users
Rant Alert:

We have our own thing, with a pronounced emphasis on manners* and gratitude. If you go to a southerner's luncheon/tea/shindig/bonfire, you'll have a strong drink in hand and courses of food. But no vegan options. Or gluten free anything. Wtf is green juice. No special snowflakes or open conceit/narcissism. Your focus is always to be on others and not yourself (or should at least should appear to be). Unlike NYC/LA, no one is going to flat tell you what to wear/eat/think but they will relay what Jesus said that one time.

proxy

Also, shit can get weird and usually involves guns. Oh, and have you accepted Christ as your personal Lord and Savior?

*the things northerners/LA folks do at a dinner table!! No, it's not chill to chew with your mouth open, talk with food in your mouth, play with your dirty-ass phone with your elbows all over everything, blow your nose into your napkin (yes, at the table:headbang:) all while going on and on about yourself or your opinions. My mother would beat me if she saw me doing anything like this--much less in front of company--yet the majority of yuppies do it. Also, ya'll sound ridiculous and I'm not talking to you anymore.:tsk:

Sorry, rant. South vs. North + LA is a pet peeve.
I wanted to move to the city forever thinking everyone would be so smart and cultured compared to the south. :spitlaugh:

oh no i'm not suggesting that--just saying that i dont think i would mesh well at all with southern culture (that of "higher culture" or other varieties). (not out of superiority, just incompatibility)
edit: my mom is from the south, so a lot of "southern gentility" was instilled in me from a young age (no phones, napkin on lap, no elbows on table, etcetera)

@Tinyportia Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but I feel that was uncalled for. Sorry for meddling, it's none of my bussiness, but I think we should give her a break, as Sabine beautifully expressed it here.

Yep understand where you are coming from, but she made a pretty dumb comment earlier (not knowing who Vanessa was) and therefore, I responded accordingly. If anyone else had said something similarly as stupid, I too would've responded in a similar way.

I get that special empathetic embarrassment for her because she's pretty but no where near the perfect French macaroon her mother is . . .

tumblr_nuy6t2O8O21upnwmuo1_1280.jpg

chanel-rouge-coco-lipstick-vanessa-paradis-753x1024.jpg

tumblr_o1jadfce0F1rty05po2_500.gif

Reactions: 7 users
I get that special empathetic embarrassment for her because she's pretty but no where near the perfect French macaroon her mother is . . .

tumblr_nuy6t2O8O21upnwmuo1_1280.jpg

chanel-rouge-coco-lipstick-vanessa-paradis-753x1024.jpg

tumblr_o1jadfce0F1rty05po2_500.gif

Ahh she is so amazing. Going from that to Amber Heard is like...Maartje to Gigi. Proud to be named after her.

Reactions: 4 users