Lady gaga

Sept 24, 2012

2whkwnc.jpg

29paejk.jpg

She looks like she's trying to hide her weight behind large coats and enormous accessories.

I've read she had battled bulimia before and stopped because it was damaging her voice and she decided to put her career first. I get her point, I just feel she should dress for her size. I have said before I don't think she is fat, she is just not as skinny as before and it shows. She is not unhealthy and I hope she does not become bulimic again.

Well I heard on tv this morning that she wants her fans to be inspired by her. Apparently she's most happy when she's eating food she enjoys and her boyfriend prefers her "curvy" anyway. Ugh, stop saying CURVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh - so she is I suppose the definition of "curvy" but I hate it when women who are overweight say they're curvy. No, you're round.

Sorry, going off topic here, but it just really irritates me!

Oh - so she is I suppose the definition of "curvy" but I hate it when women who are overweight say they're curvy. No, you're round.

Sorry, going off topic here, but it just really irritates me!

well that's just the polite way the media has to call celebrities fat - plain and simple.
There is something wrong with the pictures she posted though.. Did she lose 15 pounds in 3 days? she looks much more slimmer in the underwear shots that onstage. I wonder if this is just another publicity stunt from her and the media... and if the ones on stage have been photoshopped to make her look fat...IDK..
this is exactly why I cant stand her. She has a great voice but she always has to be the center of attention and pulls this kind of situations, and outfits, and everything else. and that bs of being a role model, she keeps contradicting herself in EVERYTHING, first claiming she starved herself and how pop stars should not eat, but now wanting to get all her fans to eat like pigs, she is done. I don't care if she is fat or slim anymore I'm just bored of her..sorry if it offends anyone here who loves her, I used to respect her as an artist, because I genuinely believe she is good at what she does, she just does not need all of this, she can do better with her natural talents..

Girl is a mess! And not just the weight gain, though her legs look massive. Is she short? :confused:

I appreciate her recent "body revolution" statement. I think teaching people to embrace their bodies and their insecurities is admirable.

Do I aspire to have her body? No. Am I going to accept my body the way it is now? No. I still want to change it.

But I do recognize the bravery it takes to say, "I have struggled with disordered eating" and "this is what my body looks like."

In the picture to the right she actually looks skinny! I'd say she probably weighs 100 lbs (or less) at her 5'1" frame (agree/disagree?), but I've never seen her so skinny anywhere else (other than her music video for "Telephone").

But I'd like to pose the question: Remember when Nicole Richie and Mary-Kate Olsen and even Lindsay Lohan gained a TON of attention and notoriety in the fashion community after they lost a bunch of weight? And remember how no one cared about Christina Aguilera when she released "Bionic" after she gained weight?

I wonder what will happen to Lady Gaga regarding her weight. Unlike Adelle, Gaga's fame is based on qualities beyond just her voice and her music. It's based on her attitude but it all started with her different "looks." I'm not saying Gaga will surely lose all her fans if she gains more weight: Her fans might like her more because now there's one more thing about her that "normal people" can "relate to." But some stars, including Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears seem to have slipped from "A-list" celebrity status as soon as they put on weight, as if they slipped from being "untouchable," to being "extremely squishy," forgive the puns. LOL.

Anyone else notice this trend?

I agree she is very short so she probably was around 100lbs at her skinniest and during Born This Way (I posted pictures on page 7 of her skinniest, especially in the pink latex skirt).

But to answer your question I don't think Gaga will slip from A-list because unlike others she has a cult status among her fans. I think due to the way she has branded herself and the "Born This Way" campaign that there's really nothing she can do wrong and not justify it as "being herself." Any naysayers will just be branded as "hateful/haters." However, I do agree she will loose standing in the fashion world. She's had many designers design set costumes and clothes for her which will probably come to an end now. I can't imagine Nicola Formichetti letting her re-walk the catwalk looking like she does now (also posted a pic of her modeling while skinny page 7).

Personally I love Gaga but I want her thin lol. Not Born This Way video thin, but she looked great in Telephone.

Honestly I think she is just being lazy now. However I hope this tour whips her into shape again.

I agree she is very short so she probably was around 100lbs at her skinniest and during Born This Way (I posted pictures on page 7 of her skinniest, especially in the pink latex skirt).

But to answer your question I don't think Gaga will slip from A-list because unlike others she has a cult status among her fans. I think due to the way she has branded herself and the "Born This Way" campaign that there's really nothing she can do wrong and not justify it as "being herself." Any naysayers will just be branded as "hateful/haters." However, I do agree she will loose standing in the fashion world. She's had many designers design set costumes and clothes for her which will probably come to an end now. I can't imagine Nicola Formichetti letting her re-walk the catwalk looking like she does now (also posted a pic of her modeling while skinny page 7).

Personally I love Gaga but I want her thin lol. Not Born This Way video thin, but she looked great in Telephone.

Honestly I think she is just being lazy now. However I hope this tour whips her into shape again.

She WAS NEVER AS thin as she looked in her Telephone or BTW video, they were all edited. Oh, and her 100 lbs at her skinniest? No way! She still looked average...

She WAS NEVER AS thin as she looked in her Telephone or BTW video, they were all edited. Oh, and her 100 lbs at her skinniest? No way! She still looked average...

Back on page 7 I already posted paparazzi photos as well as a modeling video of her being skinny. So I don't know WHY you keep saying she was edited when its clear she yo-yos weight and has been that skinny, although briefly, before. Yes, shes admitted to having her body elongated, they do this with in-camera angles, lighting tricks, her wearing 8+ inch shoes in almost every shot NOT post-editing. I know, I work in production and I know the cost of editing someone's size in video (not to mention while their dancing) would be WAY more than Lady Gaga could afford or would even care about doing and would require a body double.

Here ya go again though if you don't ever believe it:

Skinny-Lady-Gaga.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I love her - saw her live in Raleigh, and girl was damn fine. Best ass I've ever seen. Super short, though, more than you'd think!
She was never super skinny, though, but her talent completely made that irrelevant for me.
However, I hate this weight gain. I feel bad for her, but still. I could never let myself get that bad. She just doesn't look healthy. Here's hoping she loses it.

Her weight seems to fluctuate terribly though. As for the concert pictures, there are some cameras, normally high quality professional ones funnily enough, that literally make you gain 10lbs. The one of her in her underwear looks like a home camera job and maybe that's why she looks drasticallly thnner.

Quite frankly, this makes me uncomfortable.

On the other hand, I can't help but wonder if its true. She's pulled other things out in interviews, like coke habits and the like to make her seem more edgy, why not this? Idk, if she does have an ed, I doubt its anorexia and is probably more like bulimia or ednos. I have no idea if she's trying to say that she still does behaviors or if this is her recovery body. I'm just confused by this, and I'm not sure, but it seems like she's trying to pull the ed card as an excuse.

I don't resent her for having an ed, but using it for attention, and to compensate for taking heat for a weight gain is a little iffy. I ballooned when I was recovering from bulimia and when people made comments, I never pulled the "I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER YOU CAN'T SAY THAT" I just quit binge eating and worked to make myself healthy.

i'm wondering the same, i have a feeling weight gain isn't her biggest problem at the moment.

also, i thought the underwear pic she posted was much older? she looks completely different.