Jessica Simpson admits to her ugly diet

Ten?

TEN? :cry: Okay, now I feel bad for Jessica.

I really hope this hasn't screwed her kid over too much. Then again, I was a huge baby and I was relatively tiny throughout my childhood, so we'll have to see!

undoubtedly Jessica ate waaaay too much while pregnant, she's said to have gained 40lbs. The weight of the baby could also be due to her football player boyfriend though too, I actually have a friend who was 5'1 and 110 pounds at 9 months pregnant and her baby weighed 11lbs! But her husband is an athlete and from a family of very tall ppl, so who knows

Generally fat pregnant mom = fat baby. It is possible, however, to have a big baby without being fat. I was only 6 pounds when I was born, but my brother was 10 pounds. My mom is 5'9" and only gained 12 pounds when she was pregnant with him, putting her at 124 pounds when he was born.

It's one slice of cheesecake. Her whole food schedule during her pregnancy wasn't written in there, it simply states she had cheesecake before the shoot. You don't want to be crash-dieting with a baby on the way, that would be dangerous. One slice isn't going to kill anybody, so you can't assume anything about her current diet from that one article.

@SkinnyEm I bet she gained more than 40, even though she was big to begin with.

@Clarissa I was 6 pounds as well and my brother was like 9 and my mother didn't gain too much weight with either of us, maybe with babies gender plays a role in weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one slice of cheesecake. Her whole food schedule during her pregnancy wasn't written in there, it simply states she had cheesecake before the shoot. You don't want to be crash-dieting with a baby on the way, that would be dangerous. One slice isn't going to kill anybody, so you can't assume anything about her current diet from that one article.

No, one slice of cheesecake won't kill someone. (Unless there is poison in it of course.) No one is saying she needs to crash diet. Her eating habits were extreme in the opposite way which put just as much stress on her baby. We don't know that from one article, we know that by looking at her.

No, one slice of cheesecake won't kill someone. (Unless there is poison in it of course.) No one is saying she needs to crash diet. Her eating habits were extreme in the opposite way which put just as much stress on her baby. We don't know that from one article, we know that by looking at her.

But by looking at her, I don't see anything wrong. She seems like a happy and pregnant lady.

You mean apart from possible gestational diabetes and all the edema? :rolleyes:
She actually looks to be in pain half the time, wobbling on those swollen ankles

Oh and there is a possibility her kid is more prone to be genetically overweight since she was VERY overweight during her pregnancy

Since I don't have a child/never been pregnant, I decided to look it up
http://www.babymed.com/food-and-nutrition/take-out-and-fast-food-during-pregnancy
http://pregnancy.amuchbetterway.com/sugar-and-pregnancy/
Eating junk & excessive sweets during pregnancy can lead to gestational diabetes.
Also says you need only 300 extra calories a day during even your 2nd & 3rd trimesters
so it's not really 'eating for two' - or FOUR, in Jessica's case
and pregnant women should gain up to 25-30 pounds during the pregnancy. Definitely more like 40 in her case.

I remember seeing a documentary on how all these processed foods are not meant for us. Our body is not capable of breaking them down as well as unprocessed foods. At least not on a daily basis.
I don't know why people like her throw their health out the window, especially during a time as important as a pregnancy.
Worse are the people condoning this behavior and all those people who will read this and think it's okay and potentially harm their babies.

absolutely agree with this!

I think she thinks that because she is pregnant she can eat anything and just let go. Plus she has the confidence with the baby coming so I guess she thinks why not. The article states that her baby will be on the heavy side, I think if I was told that then I would watch what I eat and exercise.

Just on the side note: I really didn't like celebrities posing on covers when they're pregnant. I think pregnancy is beautiful but I am sick of seeing almost every pregnant celebrity on the cover. I want to see models on the covers!

I really couldn't agree more. It's so disgusting to see her or to read about her diet.
Eating like a pig during pregnancy isn't good for the child either, so why put the baby AND yourself through that?
Plus, sadly "celebrities" like her still are role models to many young girls. No one should have to see some disgusting pig like her and even take her as their role model. You'll just end up as a fat, frustrated chick, when -if you had taken better care of yourself- you could have a much better life.
Maybe she's simply too weak to resist the temptation of shitty food. One more reason to dislike her.

Reactions: 1 users
I think lots of models did photoshoots when they were pregnant and most of the times i find these pictures very beautiful, there's nothing gross about it though i agree with you about Jessica Simpson...lots of photoshop and still gross...

Pregnant beauties (in my eyes):

xin_0810032515167061666539.jpg

Image.ashx

miranda_kerr_pregnant_W-300x416.jpg

Whose the girl on the bottom??

Oh my gosh. Is it the end of the world because a pregnant lady ate cheesecake?
Seriously, chill yer buns!