But she still thinks she can get away with Photoshopping her legs to look like this (the calves, I have no words:wtf:)
image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
not to be a bitch, but by that line of logic someone with 'more work' is beautiful....we still believe those that have straight teeth, small waists, and big lips naturally are more beautiful than those who are not. Is this stupid? Possibly, but it's important. It also reminds us that while people like gigi and bella can pay as much as they want for a better face, its nowhere near as mesmerizing as the real deal. Feel free to disagree with me--you'll just be wrong ;)
Your logic is flawed in the fact that a lot of the modifications you've brought up are only popular because people are striving to achieve desirable traits which, generally speaking, only a minority of others have naturally. As @espressoenthusiast so eloquently stated, 'what is valuable, is what is rare, not what is bought'. Sure, you can modify yourself to attain certain standards of beauty, and I by no means condemn that, I'm all in favour of doing what you wish with your body to make yourself happy, however, it's silly to think that a bought beauty will be regarded with the same admiration as a natural beauty, which is precisely why these celebrities are never completely candid and open about the work they've had done, they know it degrades the value and rarity of their looks.

With regard to models, fashion is aspirational and fantastical, I would far rather see a girl and think 'wow, what ethereal beauty, what stunning bone structure, what an incredible combination of genes' than 'wow, what ethereal beauty, someone has clearly spent a lot of money to pay someone to create that face and I could just as easily do the same'.

I don't mean to keep the "argument" going, but I think sometimes dedication to beauty can out compete the rarity of beauty. The Kayan women, as an example, don't just want a long neck for the sake of a long neck; they actually count the rings around a woman's neck because the more rings, the more like a dragon they are (which I honestly think isn't natural in any sense). And isn't that's why we love being skinny look? Because it shows a dedication and sacrifice. Modern plastic surgery doesn't really represent this as much, but my point was that all body modification aren't just a lazy, devaluation of one's originality and 'ruins' a persons face/body/whatever.

My argument doesn't really apply to Western culture or mainstream models as modern plastic surgery doesn't really require much of a sacrifice so it was very tangential and uncalled for which I apologize for. Otherwise, I do totally agree with you women and hope you ladies don't all think that I'm the biggest idiot ever (which is my own selfish reason for continuing this conversation and replying). After this I promise I'm done and will stop destroying this thread by espousing my own opinions.

Lol Getty is brutal right now, typed in 'Model' 'Cannes' side-by-side pictures pop up...and the Instagram model looks like a Zombie compared to Bianca & Lily (both far from their prime, but still) , but she matches that old dude perfectly,
RkdKucD.png

DyN9Z37.png

1zMNvgR.png

Lol Getty is brutal right now, typed in 'Model' 'Cannes' side-by-side pictures pop up...and the Instagram model looks like a Zombie compared to Bianca & Lily (both far from their prime, but still) , but she matches that old dude perfectly,
RkdKucD.png

DyN9Z37.png

1zMNvgR.png
Bianca Balti's face is flaw free.

She's not even worthy of RBF status, she's not majestic enough to be a bad bitch. That's reserved for the likes of the Magdas, Snejs, and Anabelas of the world (aka not too many). So you can't be that bitch if you're not that bitch (haha).

I like her dress actually but can she please stop with the resting bitch face in every photo??
View attachment 11729

I feel like this is even beyond RBF because of her dead eyes. Looking at this picture (and the others above) makes me feel like she is numb to the whole world... emotionally, or because they severed some nerves to her brain while conducting plastic surgery (jk). Seriously, she's kinda sad to look at (and not just because she's a bad "model').

Her cheeks look like she's sucking them in every photo and totally aggree with dead eyes. She doesn't look approachable, I wouldn't want to say 'hi' to her

Well in that one video she did say smiling was the hardest part of modelling :rolleyes:
In hindsight, I think @sabine is right. Bella was probably just being honest - after all that work, smiling just well may be the hardest part of modeling.

I don't mean to keep the "argument" going, but I think sometimes dedication to beauty can out compete the rarity of beauty. The Kayan women, as an example, don't just want a long neck for the sake of a long neck; they actually count the rings around a woman's neck because the more rings, the more like a dragon they are (which I honestly think isn't natural in any sense). And isn't that's why we love being skinny look? Because it shows a dedication and sacrifice. Modern plastic surgery doesn't really represent this as much, but my point was that all body modification aren't just a lazy, devaluation of one's originality and 'ruins' a persons face/body/whatever.

My argument doesn't really apply to Western culture or mainstream models as modern plastic surgery doesn't really require much of a sacrifice so it was very tangential and uncalled for which I apologize for. Otherwise, I do totally agree with you women and hope you ladies don't all think that I'm the biggest idiot ever (which is my own selfish reason for continuing this conversation and replying). After this I promise I'm done and will stop destroying this thread by espousing my own opinions.

UGH. Why would you write something like this? There's no need to apologise for having a different opinion! One of the best parts about these forums in my view, is reading discussions on various topics where at least 2 very different opinions are shared, discussed and debated with intelligence, passion, humour and the occassional bitchy comment, just like the one between you, @sabine and @espressoenthusiast . I think all three of you made excellent points and it made me very happy because the forums seemed to have been lacking some lively debate recently! The forum would be boring as bat shit if we all shared the same views. It's not only the fact that you apologised but the way you apologised that has pissed me off - "I promise I'm done and will stop destroying this thread by espousing my own opinion". Destroying this thread really?? C'mon. You're better than that. Don't be a martyr. Provided members don't say anything ridiculous and offensive, the whole point of these forums (and ALL forums) is for members to share their opinions.

I'm sorry for being rude, I hope I haven't offended you too much, I just feel like you made some very interesting points earlier and then you ruined it all by apologising in the manner that you did. Please continue to share your opinions (irrespective of whether others agree or not). :flower:

Reactions: 6 users