What the hell is vogue doing.

Would really love to say I expect a higher standard from Vogue but not really ever since Kim and Kanye were on the cover :meh: I guess in the end it's the bottom line that matters and trash sells. Although it was hilarious when Anna Wintour called Kim untasteful af in the shadiest way :lol:

:nopity:

Does anyone actually think she resembles any of the models from the 90's? Is that what people are telling her?

People seem to say that a lot about any model who isn't as skinny as the standard catwalk model but it's bulls**t. So far as I remember from being a teenager in the 90's, supermodels then weren't soft and untoned like Gigi and Kendall etc and one thing they all had in common was long lean figures and insanely striking faces that were utterly memorable. I look at pictures of Gigi and Bella and think that their arms and legs look soft and flabby but when I saw photos of Cindy and Linda I remember deciding not to have chocolate and to go for a run instead.

I think because the very skinny aesthetic wasn't a defining feature of 90's fashion, people are trying to make out that all models were much curvier and that the average looking celebrity models of today are in some way bringing back that look whereas in fact the defining thing about the 90's was that models looked really glamorous and had very striking, long and lean figures that set them apart from the general population. Gigi and Bella look just like your average girl on the street and would look awfully dull standing next to 1990's Cindy..

Reactions: 6 users
People seem to say that a lot about any model who isn't as skinny as the standard catwalk model but it's bulls**t. So far as I remember from being a teenager in the 90's, supermodels then weren't soft and untoned like Gigi and Kendall etc and one thing they all had in common was long lean figures and insanely striking faces that were utterly memorable. I look at pictures of Gigi and Bella and think that their arms and legs look soft and flabby but when I saw photos of Cindy and Linda I remember deciding not to have chocolate and to go for a run instead.

I think because the very skinny aesthetic wasn't a defining feature of 90's fashion, people are trying to make out that all models were much curvier and that the average looking celebrity models of today are in some way bringing back that look whereas in fact the defining thing about the 90's was that models looked really glamorous and had very striking, long and lean figures that set them apart from the general population. Gigi and Bella look just like your average girl on the street and would look awfully dull standing next to 1990's Cindy..
That was exactly my point, only I was too lazy to express it. Thank you for taking the time! Agree 100%!

Reactions: 1 user

I completely agree. The Gigi's/Bellas/Kendall's cannot hold a candle to the 90's supermodels.

Reactions: 1 user
That was exactly my point, only I was too lazy to express it. Thank you for taking the time! Agree 100%!

Haha, I had a pile of drawings to scan otherwise I doubt I'd have managed to write more than 'Gigi is so dull I....' which is my usual thought about her ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Kendall and Gigi look bigger and flabbier than the 90's supermodels today.
This models are +25years older than Kendall and Gigi and they look so much better than them.

Reactions: 2 users
I came across this on stoopidhousewives. Other people notice too.

image.jpeg
sad