Fashion No No

The fucking normcore girls at my school have started wearing white trainers that look like cheerleader shoes. How are these at all stylish? (Answer: they're not).

edit: they look like this --
nike+stamina+in+grey.jpg

ew.

Overweight goofy couples who dress alike

Overweight, goofy people in general. You know, hair dyed a harsh colour, rockabilly or old-fashioned style, hideously loud personality to cover up the fact that they hate themselves... Ugh

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I hate the Birkenstocks trend!!! It's so damn ugly! And to wear it with socks ugh....that's what we call the standard German tourist look

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

In general, I am not a fan of nude lips and can never imagine it on myself but women who use their foundation to create that look... It looks awful, particularly when the foundation is two shades too light for them and accompanied with eyelashes so thick with mascara they look like spider legs and mascara fallout so great it is impossible to determine whether or not black eye-shadow was also applied.

Already mentioned in the thread but I also hate to see young girls in tasteless crop tops. It isn't just that I think it looks bad but I also don't understand why a 15yo would want to attract that kind of attention. I was on a train to uni littered with these gum-chewing, denim castaway short wearing juvies plastered with make-up described in above paragraph because they were going to this under 18's music festival held today.

Another pet peeve is when people pencil in their eyebrows so they are too dark and defined. It looks like they just spray-painted an isosceles triangle over both their eyes using a stencil.

And finally, when guys wear tank tops so baggy and low necked you can see their nipples. Please don't. I don't mean this to sound sexist but it is just too much flesh in a public setting and however intelligent anything you have to say may be (although the chances of that probably aren't high given you would choose to dress yourself like that), I will not be able to take you seriously. Personally, I prefer it when men keep me guessing how big their areolas are as well as the colour, amount and texture of hair surrounding etc. Keep the goods out the window, boys.

That is all that comes to mind for now but no doubt, after more time spent on public transport, I return to add to this list.

THIS SO MUCH. The Australian bogan fashion!

Already mentioned in the thread but I also hate to see young girls in tasteless crop tops. It isn't just that I think it looks bad but I also don't understand why a 15yo would want to attract that kind of attention. I was on a train to uni littered with these gum-chewing, denim castaway short wearing juvies plastered with make-up described in above paragraph because they were going to this under 18's music festival held today.

Honestly, I think crop tops are fine (even for younger girls) because stomachs are 100% gender neutral and hardly to be sexualised, and validation is generally attained from external sources when you're a teenager, so attracting attention from others based on their appearances seems perfectly normal.

That being said, the trend of cannabis leaves and middle fingers on crop tops etc seems trashy to me, but crop tops in general are fine.

Idk.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, I think crop tops are fine (even for younger girls) because stomachs are 100% gender neutral and hardly to be sexualised, and validation is generally attained from external sources when you're a teenager, so attracting attention from others based on their appearances seems perfectly normal.

That being said, the trend of cannabis leaves and middle fingers on crop tops etc seems trashy to me, but crop tops in general are fine.

Idk.

Agreed - I love crop tops and I hate the fact that wearing them is seen as slutty. Also, if you're skinny, its a perfect way to show off hip bones and a flat stomach :).

Agreed - I love crop tops and I hate the fact that wearing them is seen as slutty. Also, if you're skinny, its a perfect way to show off hip bones and a flat stomach :).

Crop tops can look nice, but when paired with booty shorts on a 15 year old....... Having said that I do love them on the right person (which I'm sure you are :kiss:)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I used to hate them but now I actually find some cute for the office. You can't really show up in clubbing heals for an office job : /

I wear 4-5 inch heals all the time to the office no problem.
You just have to find classy looking pairs with a little bit of a hidden platform and they're so comfy :)

Reactions: 1 user
I wear 4-5 inch heals all the time to the office no problem.
You just have to find classy looking pairs with a little bit of a hidden platform and they're so comfy :)

Depends on the office I find (and your height), they work for business wear but might not for business-casual : / The guy next to me is wearing jeans and a plad dress shirt :superpuke:

Depends on the office I find (and your height), they work for business wear but might not for business-casual : / The guy next to me is wearing jeans and a plad dress shirt :superpuke:

You just have to be better then the people around you :)
The women in my office wear runners with ill fitting walmart clothes, doesn't mean I have to.

The women in my office wear runners with ill fitting walmart clothes, doesn't mean I have to.

Hahaha... At my old job some of the corporate women wore 1970's dress and pant suits. Think pastel colors, matching pastel nylons, and matching heels..:wtf: so weird

Hahaha... At my old job some of the corporate women wore 1970's dress and pant suits. Think pastel colors, matching pastel nylons, and matching heels..:wtf: so weird

Yeah, that's pretty nasty!
I work for one of the top law firms in my city, I don't know how some people can come to work looking like slobs. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's pretty nasty!
I work for one of the top law firms in my city, I don't know how some people can come to work looking like slobs. :rolleyes:

It's sad - I feel like over time, people have gotten sloppier in how they dress, and nowadays it's acceptable for people to go out in a big Tshirt and sweats looking unkempt and like slobs.

It's sad - I feel like over time, people have gotten sloppier in how they dress, and nowadays it's acceptable for people to go out in a big Tshirt and sweats looking unkempt and like slobs.

I agree. I work in a pharmacy and we are expected to dress business professional (or AT LEAST business casual, but professional dress is preferred) and one of the girls like, wears yoga pants, SNEAKERS, and an everyday top (think from like, Kohl's). Granted we wear lab coats.. but come on!! And she gets away with it while I'm over here in my $80 express slacks and my button up. The poor guys have to wear ties and be hot and uncomfortable and we have girls coming in wearing yoga pants :facepalm:

Yeah, I have found this to be true... and not only in terms of people looking more like slobs but just unprofessional in general. Dressing so casually in a work environment just, well, works against you. First impressions are still important, and wearing professional clothes makes you look more respectable, knowledgeable, resourceful, etc.

I look REALLY young/childish for my age, so when I don't wear professional clothes to work, people in the elevator are like, "Oh, are you an intern/student?" Whereas if I wear stylish professional clothes, they at least don't question whether I should be there and probably take me more seriously.

For awhile, I was permitted to wear casual clothes every day because, as a writer, I don't deal with clients at our law firm directly and was literally hidden from view. I'm glad, since we moved to a new building, we are required to wear business clothes again--although my coworker always complains about it. :rolleyes:

Omg yes - It's like I tried to make an effort but got lost after the 2nd fucking inch :wtf:

tumblr_n20cxcIQBx1qzlikmo1_500.jpg

:superpuke::superpuke: no no no

I died laughing at this, I have to agree this heel height is just heinous (and the [c]ankles), especially the shape, who would they possibly look good on?

Although I have to admit, I am a fan of this style (these Manolos are nice) if I'm having a vintage dress/not wanting to wear a full heel day, but they're a bit more classic and less chunky. They're a bit old though, but I love seeing a polished older woman wearing a shoe like this instead of a flat.
2766_1_large.jpg