Fashion No No

I just hate hate hate it when people wear the same colour entirely. I saw an orange monster (fat) today and I was absolutely horrified. head to toe colour isn't okay unless it's black. Or a dress. But orange trousers, loafers, coat, scarf, and hat is not okay. No orange is okay, I hate orange.

Perhaps he/she was showing her support for the dutch team? :lol:

I think head-to-toe white looks good on skinnies too!

Although I feel ya, I saw a woman a couple of times dressed ENTIRELY in purple!!! Including shoes and backpack!!!

There's also this old woman (like balding, looks like she's on the brink of death) that's sort of built like tweedle de/dum and she wears ALL white, including a skin-tight nylon hat that looks like a pair of pantyhose she cut off and squeezed over her little round head. Seriously I see her daily always in this one outfit.

Perhaps he/she was showing her support for the dutch team? :lol:

70+ year old black woman...

I just hate hate hate it when people wear the same colour entirely. I saw an orange monster (fat) today and I was absolutely horrified. head to toe colour isn't okay unless it's black. Or a dress. But orange trousers, loafers, coat, scarf, and hat is not okay. No orange is okay, I hate orange.

:lol:
At my high school there were these twins and one would wear all purple and one would wear all green...EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. This includes shoes and backpack. They were so unfortunate looking too... It was sad.

I hate crop tops with high waisted bottoms. Especially if the bottoms are super short shorts (like those terrible denim cut offs where your ass hangs out).

Crop tops are so adorable with low or regular rise pants but sadly you have to be comfortable with your entire stomach to wear that, so fatties think they can look hip and thin by just exposing that weird 2 inches above their belly button. News flash: you still look fat and now you look dumb too.

Reactions: 1 user
very high waisted shorts/jeans on a person that doesn't have a waist at all, it just looks like their ass is a rectangle, and it's a mess

I hate crop tops with high waisted bottoms. Especially if the bottoms are super short shorts (like those terrible denim cut offs where your ass hangs out).

made me think of behati. in my opinion, she looked really nice:shy: but sure, most people cannot pull it off.
Behati%2BPrinsloo%2Bgives%2Bpeace%2Bsign%2Bwhile%2Bout%2Bql4oOR5mzHxx.jpg

made me think of behati. in my opinion, she looked really nice:shy: but sure, most people cannot pull it off.
Behati%2BPrinsloo%2Bgives%2Bpeace%2Bsign%2Bwhile%2Bout%2Bql4oOR5mzHxx.jpg

Oh yeah, I think she looks good. I was more talking about those high waisted bottoms that go right up to or over your belly button and really short crop tops the stop just a few inches below your boob. Basically exposing a solid 3 inches of flab (unlike Behati, who's just showing off just a glimpse of skin).

Like this:
images

I abhor maxi dresses! They only look good on really tall, skinny girls. When someone short wears it they just look like a shapeless lump. I also think camo should never be worn, but that's a given.

I love this topic, keep posting everyone. I agree about maxi dresses @pinthin and would like to extend that to any tube-shaped garment.

Last edited by a moderator:
those "chukka shoes" really bother me (sometimes they are called desert booties)
"tribal" prints from forever 21 or urban outfitters
boyfriend/mom jeans should only be worn by skinnies or else they make the wearer actually look like a mom. :flower:

those "chukka shoes" really bother me (sometimes they are called desert booties)

"tribal" prints from forever 21 or urban outfitters

boyfriend/mom jeans should only be worn by skinnies or else they make the wearer actually look like a mom. :flower:

Agreed. Tribal prints (and tattoos ugh) and desert boots are just not okay. Hippie-chic is only nice with the chic aspect present.

In general, I am not a fan of nude lips and can never imagine it on myself but women who use their foundation to create that look... It looks awful, particularly when the foundation is two shades too light for them and accompanied with eyelashes so thick with mascara they look like spider legs and mascara fallout so great it is impossible to determine whether or not black eye-shadow was also applied.

Already mentioned in the thread but I also hate to see young girls in tasteless crop tops. It isn't just that I think it looks bad but I also don't understand why a 15yo would want to attract that kind of attention. I was on a train to uni littered with these gum-chewing, denim castaway short wearing juvies plastered with make-up described in above paragraph because they were going to this under 18's music festival held today.

Another pet peeve is when people pencil in their eyebrows so they are too dark and defined. It looks like they just spray-painted an isosceles triangle over both their eyes using a stencil.

And finally, when guys wear tank tops so baggy and low necked you can see their nipples. Please don't. I don't mean this to sound sexist but it is just too much flesh in a public setting and however intelligent anything you have to say may be (although the chances of that probably aren't high given you would choose to dress yourself like that), I will not be able to take you seriously. Personally, I prefer it when men keep me guessing how big their areolas are as well as the colour, amount and texture of hair surrounding etc. Keep the goods out the window, boys.

That is all that comes to mind for now but no doubt, after more time spent on public transport, I return to add to this list.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread is a motherload of anxiety induction :lol: I'm so guilty of so many of these -wearing all black without being pin thin, formerly bright red hair, a onesie... I don't wear the onesie out, except to the corner store and to a mate's house, but I still own one. Although to be honest, it's like uggs: not necessarily stylish or pretty, but comfy as hell. And warm. Very warm.

Cheap clothes
Denim-on-denim
Uggs
Kitten Heels

-Leather trousers if you have an arse the size of Russia.
-Tight tube dresses if you are an average size.
-Fake copies of handbags/luxury clothes - nope, nope, nope. Save up for the real thing.
-Belts cinched on the waist when it's not needed or doesn't fit the outfit.
-Massive, loud logos.
-Phrases/logos on trousers, across the arse. I hate you and you are tacky.
-Juicy Couture tracksuits. You look like a fucking moron.
-Wearing gym clothes as an outfit. Just fucking change.

C'mon guys, get with it. Normcore is the new thing. You'll all be taking your fashion cues from Larry David and Steve Jobs in no time. duh. :rolleyes:

"The aim of the game is to look like "a middle-aged, middle-American tourist", according to The Cut's Fiona Duncan. The normcore uniform is as follows: Teva sandals (those foam-soled sandals with Navajo patterned velcro straps); Patagonia waterproof jackets; New Balance sneakers; white athletic socks; boxy stonewash mum-cut jeans; Uniqlo roll-necks; beige Gap chinos. Take as your muse Steve Jobs, Jerry Seinfeld or George Costanza." - essentially this movement is the epitome of chic.

Google it guys. Thank me later :kiss:

I think head-to-toe white looks good on skinnies too!

Although I feel ya, I saw a woman a couple of times dressed ENTIRELY in purple!!! Including shoes and backpack!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I saw someone dressed head to toe in sparkly purple. And not like different shades of purple, think a light blue/purple. Consistent. Covered in SPARKLES. I always wonder about these people's closets--do they just wear the same thing every day, have multiple copies of each article? Do they do a DIFFERENT COLOR every day??? And do they enjoy their fashion trends? So many questions.

I have been going through an all-black phase, a la a dramatic Victorian decline. And a pinch of Angelina Jolie. I've been pretty depressed lately and colors are just annoying the heck out of me. I hope I don't look stupid or pretentious :)

Blond with bright pink ombre hair + bright pink sweatshirt with silver/pink top underneath + silver leggings + pink heels so high and cheap that the creature wearing the outfit looked like she was walking on stilts.

Wrocław in the middle of the day, not party or anything.

I have been going through an all-black phase, a la a dramatic Victorian decline. And a pinch of Angelina Jolie. I've been pretty depressed lately and colors are just annoying the heck out of me. I hope I don't look stupid or pretentious :)

All black is super chic and simple, for sure, but I would advise against wearing your depression as attire, if that makes sense. Don't give in to it, is what I'm saying... you'll sink deeper into the hole if you stop trying to climb out. I've been there. Believe it or not, as much as I abhorred colors at the time, I eventually started forcing myself to bring color back into my life (I even painted my room dragon fruit pink) and it actually, really helped me to come out of the depression.

I'm sorry you're going through a dark time, I've been there. I hope you have a good support system in place and you're able to come out of it soon. If you ever need someone to listen, you can always PM me.

The fucking normcore girls at my school have started wearing white trainers that look like cheerleader shoes. How are these at all stylish? (Answer: they're not).