Audrey Hepburn

tumblr_ldg9vkE7ca1qbrdf3o1_500.png

http://intothegloss.com/2012/12/audrey-hepburn-the-60s-by-david-wills/

For everyone!

A small write up was posted up on one of my favorite blogs intothegloss.com (great beauty tips from fashion insiders--if you haven't checked it out yet, I highly recommend)--such a great gift idea for a skinny or a gift to self this feasting season. David Wills photobook on Audrey Hepburn...

I may have to get it... There can never be enough Audrey photos and some are never before seen.

i bet if that was a modern-day photo most people would cry "`shopped!" :grin::p

tumblr_mdb6oatYqJ1qdtwc0o1_1280.jpg

I don't think this has been posted?

I also have one of her as a kid (pre-war maybe?) where she looked a bit chubbier.

Attachments

• 484106080701_medium.jpg
    484106080701_medium.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 194
o-AUDREY-HEPBURN-570.jpg

slide_192839_396348_large.jpg

Today is the 20th anniversary of Audrey's death.
Isn't it incredible that she is still a symbol of modern woman? She could walk out on the streets today and she wouldn't look old-fashioned or funny. Maybe just a bit 'too' classy :)

FYI, (in the US at least), LIFE Books has an special Audrey Edition, it's lovely & probably at your local newstand (but here is an amazon link)

Description (from here): To honor Hepburn – and revel in the famous black-and-white (and some color, and some not so well known) images – the editors of Life Books have reissued the magazine-like illustrated biography that came out in 1993 and titled it “Remembering Audrey – 20 Years Later.

I absolutely adore her and most movies she's starring in.
A little rumour: She was actually a pretty chubby kid, loved chocolate and all. Then WWII came and she became malnourished. However when she was on a cruise to Rome in order to shoot Roman Holiday, she gained about 15 pounds putting her at a slim weight (I think 5'7'' and 118 lbs, if I'm not mistaken) due to all the free food on the boat. The director was pretty angered and didn't believe she could lose it because he had some weight issues too, but she did (in about two weeks) and then vowed to herself to never exceed 103 pounds.

And I just have to add some picture spam... :]
tumblr_llznvqiaF11qen2ri.jpg

347227-audrey-hepburn-637x0-3.jpg

eac8af7c7f_80150162_o2.jpg

tumblr_llznyheJCB1qen2ri.jpg

tumblr_ljuugkSUBT1qajye7o1_400.jpg

401795f97c_80150074_o2.jpg

Ahhh, her waist was 20 inches!? :luv:
The one in the white lace dress is my favorite. I love how skinny and perfect her arms look.

Btw, did you know that Audrey's son was 10 weeks old when she was shooting the opening scene for Breakfast at Tiffany's

That's crazy - how could she have not gained any baby weight? It is quite dangerous (higher risk of complications/miscarriages) for the baby to be born to a mother as skinny as Audrey was in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Maybe she lost it very quickly for the role?

@Cmac - no, but it's inspired me to buy a full-skirted shirtdress and neckerchief.

p.s. i figured out how to embed vids, finally.

Last edited by a moderator: