Audrey Hepburn

Has anyone seen the new galaxy advert?? No way in hell someone like that used to pig out on galaxy bars!! Ridiculous.

Hmm... chocolate was Audrey's weakness. I've read somewhere that she used to bring chocolate on set for everyone.

Audrey's quotes:

“Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.”

"I’m glad I like sweet things… But if I ate all I wanted, it just wouldn’t do. I’m getting better. Now if I get a box of good chocolates, it will last awhile, maybe for two hours. I used to eat them all without stopping until every last one was gone… I guess it’s a basic form of insecurity."

I know there are more but every Audrey+chocolate combination brings me back to the ad.

Hmm... chocolate was Audrey's weakness. I've read somewhere that she used to bring chocolate on set for everyone.

Audrey's quotes:

“Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.”

"I’m glad I like sweet things… But if I ate all I wanted, it just wouldn’t do. I’m getting better. Now if I get a box of good chocolates, it will last awhile, maybe for two hours. I used to eat them all without stopping until every last one was gone… I guess it’s a basic form of insecurity."

I know there are more but every Audrey+chocolate combination brings me back to the ad.

I did not know this! I retract my previous comment :)
I was just assuming bodywise she was so tiny that she can't have eaten that much chocolate surely.... I guess maybe she only did this binge once in a while?

I think it's funny how she gets in the *back seat* and makes the guy be her chauffer?! LOL. I wonder how a modern guy would react to that...

I think it's funny how she gets in the *back seat* and makes the guy be her chauffer?! LOL. I wonder how a modern guy would react to that...

Read this about her on the internet:

'According to her biography, "Audrey Hepburn: An Intimate Portrait", she made a vow to herself never to exceed 103 pounds. With the exception of her pregnancies, she succeeded.'

Figured you guys would like that :)

I love Audrey. She combines beauty, grace, elegance, discipline and humanity. You can tell from her way of moving that she's been educated in ballet dancing which I quite envy. I love how she always seemed well gromed and classy - even when she was older. I find a lot of women tend to let theirselves go when they age. But I don't think beauty fades with the ongoing age (what you see when you look at Audrey's pictures :))

But I have to confess I thought she was a bit smaller, she always looks so tiny and fairy-like. Nevertheless, she's such a beautyful girl/woman.

sorry if it has been posted already
:luv:
audrey_hepburn.jpg

'According to her biography, "Audrey Hepburn: An Intimate Portrait", she made a vow to herself never to exceed 103 pounds. With the exception of her pregnancies, she succeeded.'

It's been here already but I'll write it again. It's either misquoted or plain wrong. She gained up to 130lbs after war and she felt miserable about it, so she decided never to reach that number again ( I am no sure about the number but it was much higher than 103). And I saw an interview with her where she said she weighted 50 kilos. While she might not have been honest, it's quite contradictory with the supposed vow.

sorry if it has been posted already
:luv:
audrey_hepburn.jpg

It has but does it really matter? :) It's worth it

Have to get down to that before I make any vows!

Has anyone seen the new advert for Galaxy chocolate. They photoshopped Audrey Hepburn into it using a computer and a look alike actress.

I think its a bit inappropriate.

Has anyone seen the new advert for Galaxy chocolate. They photoshopped Audrey Hepburn into it using a computer and a look alike actress.

I think its a bit inappropriate.
I agree, Chanel and Dior did the same thing with Marylin Monroe. Albeit, Marylin Monroe would probably be happy to advertise for Chanel and Dior. I'm not so sure about Audrey for chocolate though. In her biography it mentioned she only liked really good, high quality chocolate and Mars is hardly that. In any case using someone's image and placing it with certain opinions after they are dead is completely inappropriate, they were people with real ideas and beliefs not just "icons" and it's a shame the industry treats them that way.

Reactions: 1 user
I bought this month's Vanity Fair for the sole reason that Audrey Hepburn is on the cover. I usually browse, but when I saw her face on the newsstands I just grabbed a copy without a second thought.

It could've been Golf Digest or Fishing Monthly, I would've bought anything with her lovely face on it.