Audrey Hepburn

misscat

Rising Star
Highly recommend the episode of You Must Remember This about her, it's so interesting and really changed the way I perceive her (positively), I've loved her since I was little but now I love her even more!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Natalie

Super Star
Honest question- from someone that is a self professed HUGE fan of Audrey- what is it about her that is so appealing? What are the elements of that je ne sais quoi? I know for US that she’s thin is a huge part of it, but that she’s still as beloved in today’s pro-fat culture leads me to believe that’s not at all the case for everyone.

Is it mannerism? A way of speech, behavior, style? Opinions?

Reactions: 1 user

antelope

Rising Star
Honest question- from someone that is a self professed HUGE fan of Audrey- what is it about her that is so appealing? What are the elements of that je ne sais quoi? I know for US that she’s thin is a huge part of it, but that she’s still as beloved in today’s pro-fat culture leads me to believe that’s not at all the case for everyone.

for me, my audrey obsession stems from how she presented herself. she seemed so effortless, classy, graceful, and chic. she was understated but still fashionable.. not too gaudy or overly sexy. i also love how simple she was.. i read an article about her diet and it was inspring.. just boiled eggs, steak and veggies and a square of chocolate a day! the obvious is that shes skinny and i think she was beautiful. thats just my opinion!

nicole120

Super Star

My admiration of Audrey started when I was in middle school and extended into high school and now even in adulthood; she was so beautiful, elegant, slender, well-spoken, hard working, and extremely stylish. The whole package.

Of course, it is unrealistic to want to be exactly like Audrey Hepburn, but she is somebody who I find as a source of inspiration in multiple facets of life and have admired since I was a young girl.

I wonder if part if her appeal is that she presented herself as the ultimate lady. My mother never liked her much; she was much more entranced by Katherine Hepburn and Lauren Bacall - women who radiated force and independence. Audrey's appeal is much more the traditional ideal of femininity. The woman we're "supposed" to be, according to a lot of ideas we don't consciously pay attention to (or often agree with) but which have likely been unconsciously ingrained in us from a very young age.

Pynchonesque

Rising Star
For me, the appeal is that she and my Mother are alike, personality-wise, looks, voice and even the love for homemade spaghetti. When I watch Audrey, or read anecdotes about her it allows me to feel as though I'm spending time with my Mother.

In general terms, I think she and her cinematic life are appealing it's because it's a snapshot into another world that isn't overtly stained with modern-day edginess/crassness or swathed in bubbles and fluff. It's a happy medium, with the ultimate ingénue effect.