Audrey Hepburn

IMG_2747.jpg
IMG_2748.jpg

She would have turned 89 today. She was so inspiring and timeless :luv:

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Honest question- from someone that is a self professed HUGE fan of Audrey- what is it about her that is so appealing? What are the elements of that je ne sais quoi? I know for US that she’s thin is a huge part of it, but that she’s still as beloved in today’s pro-fat culture leads me to believe that’s not at all the case for everyone.

Is it mannerism? A way of speech, behavior, style? Opinions?

Reactions: 1 user
Honest question- from someone that is a self professed HUGE fan of Audrey- what is it about her that is so appealing? What are the elements of that je ne sais quoi? I know for US that she’s thin is a huge part of it, but that she’s still as beloved in today’s pro-fat culture leads me to believe that’s not at all the case for everyone.

for me, my audrey obsession stems from how she presented herself. she seemed so effortless, classy, graceful, and chic. she was understated but still fashionable.. not too gaudy or overly sexy. i also love how simple she was.. i read an article about her diet and it was inspring.. just boiled eggs, steak and veggies and a square of chocolate a day! the obvious is that shes skinny and i think she was beautiful. thats just my opinion!

My admiration of Audrey started when I was in middle school and extended into high school and now even in adulthood; she was so beautiful, elegant, slender, well-spoken, hard working, and extremely stylish. The whole package.

Of course, it is unrealistic to want to be exactly like Audrey Hepburn, but she is somebody who I find as a source of inspiration in multiple facets of life and have admired since I was a young girl.

I wonder if part if her appeal is that she presented herself as the ultimate lady. My mother never liked her much; she was much more entranced by Katherine Hepburn and Lauren Bacall - women who radiated force and independence. Audrey's appeal is much more the traditional ideal of femininity. The woman we're "supposed" to be, according to a lot of ideas we don't consciously pay attention to (or often agree with) but which have likely been unconsciously ingrained in us from a very young age.

For me, the appeal is that she and my Mother are alike, personality-wise, looks, voice and even the love for homemade spaghetti. When I watch Audrey, or read anecdotes about her it allows me to feel as though I'm spending time with my Mother.

In general terms, I think she and her cinematic life are appealing it's because it's a snapshot into another world that isn't overtly stained with modern-day edginess/crassness or swathed in bubbles and fluff. It's a happy medium, with the ultimate ingénue effect.

00:45 - 1:20
I love her answer, when she says how she made it despite not having curves. :highfive:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
1590178362708.png

Her legs are unfortunate in this but she's still a beauty.

1590178536724.png

1590178561615.png
1590178570654.png
1590178575943.png

1590178636979.png

1590178672951.png

1590178679692.png

1590178686916.png

1590178730091.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just finished watching the new documentary on Netflix... Such a terrific look inside a life of a lady that's gonna be remembered for generations to come - not only because of her poise and grace but also her values and integrity of life. There's truly not many people like her out there in the world that managed to leave an impact in a way she did.

audrey.jpg

audrey2.jpg

audrey3.jpg

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just finished watching the new documentary on Netflix... Such a terrific look inside a life of a lady that's gonna be remembered for generations to come - not only because of her poise and grace but also her values and integrity of life. There's truly not many people like her out there in the world that managed to leave an impact in a way she did.

View attachment 100385
View attachment 100386
View attachment 100387
If you like the documentary I highly suggest the book her son Sean wrote, Audrey Hepburn, And Elegant Spirit. It's a great read and highly informative as to who she really was.

• Useful
  • Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

View attachment 100385
View attachment 100386
View attachment 100387

What is the documentary called? I don't think it's available on my Netflix :(

Stumbled across these adorable photos of Audrey with her son the other day, and I just had to share. She looks so tiny and so radiant, I’m in love! Absolutely my inspiration for when I have children in the future :luv:

5130C5AE-2DDC-473C-9835-775C2C8EB336.jpeg

27EA00E6-7522-4E5C-ABA4-F69C9388B921.jpeg
B9642551-E1F6-4D81-A70A-8A0591440C4E.jpeg

54AB714D-14BE-4FD6-B51C-CFD90E8A292C.jpeg

FB2DB10B-555C-4CCC-B8EE-CDC153E80A3A.jpeg

She looks particularly incredible in this final photo, forever in awe of her :bow:

• Love
Reactions: 11 users