Audrey Hepburn

Discussion in 'Celebrities' started by AnnaMcFate, Jan 26, 2012.

1. AnnaMcFate

AnnaMcFate Guest

The woman needs to be here. A natural skinny and absolute beauty. There is a quote about Audrey's Hollywood arrival. Along the lines of "When Audrey Hepburn arrived, everyone went one diet."

• Like Like x 1
  2. astrid

astrid Guest

Truly Hollywood beauty :luv:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2 astrid, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
  3. Annabelle

Annabelle Rising Star

I absolutely adore Audrey Hepburn, she's like one of my favorite actresses, but i don't think that she was a natural skinny. She had an eating disorder, that only few people know about. Still, she's the greatest. :)

4. alsrudtj124

alsrudtj124 Guest

I believe she is not a 'natural' skinny as in born with it but because of her circumstances. I think she was placed in some kind of concentration camp and therefore, during her career afterwards, she was always smaller because of that traumatic experience. That, and she was also a ballet dancer ever since her youth.

5. Anna

Anna Grand Dame

Yeah, I think that's true (and also that she was too tall to be a professional ballerina) but I also read/heard that she tried to make sure she maintained a slim figure.

6. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Guest

Yes apparently she did have an eating disorder. But I don't think that she starved any more than Victoria Beckham does - and they both are pretty healthy, at least they both have children, so I don't know what heights should one aim if that is not enough!

But as I read in a magazine, she was the queen of discipline. She was always clean and tidy, there is not a picture of her where she would look bad, not even on a street or grocery shopping. She was never late - her mother, Russian ballet and film-making thought that. And her dress size never changed one bit - so said her life time dresser Givenchy.

I also read that usually for breakfast she had two hard boiled eggs, a toast and 3 or 4 cups of coffee with hot milk; for lunch it was either yoghurt and fresh vegetables or cottage cheese and fruit; for dinner: some steamed vegetables and fish or meat. She wouldn't have desserts, but the best indulgence in the world she thought was a piece of a good chocolate cake. She had a weakness for chocolate, although she never let herself go. She is supposed to be a good cook too.

I love her elegance and will power - so inspiring!

• Love Love x 1
  7. astrid

astrid Guest

I think it's not starvation at all, just healthy diet :).

8. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Guest

Agreed! :)

9. AnnaMcFate

AnnaMcFate Guest

I have heard that she had a lifelong eating disorder, wish I could find more on it.

Still- the woman was disciplined! It took her a week to start and finish a small chocolate bar. She baked brownies for friends and stage crew; cooked and ate pastas. Even shrank back to her dress after two pregnancies.

I strive for that disciplined

10. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest

Actually, she suffered of malutrition during World War II when she was a child. Also, she was very active (she liked to garden and wanted to be a ballet dancer) and she actually loved eating (especially pasta), but she never ate too much.
    I think she's wonderful. Can you believe she had a 20" waist? :wtf:

11. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest

Not a concentration camp, but she hid in a house in the country during WWII Nazi occupation of the Netherlands and there was little food delivered at that time because the Nazis blocked the ways.

12. MissSkinny_mini

MissSkinny_mini Rising Star

For the longest time I thought she was single. I didn't know she had children.

13. Lolo

Lolo SuperStar

I've recently developed an obsession with Audrey :luv:

Not only or particularly as thinspo, but in general. Wonderful actress, fashion inspiration and (maybe its just because I'm a bit OCD myself) - but I love how meticulous, punctual and perfect she was :)

14. Hazel123

Hazel123 Guest

She is one of the greatest motivations for me since she is just SO adorable! Also so poised and classy, and looks great with short hair. :)

15. Aletheia

Aletheia Guest

I absolutely adore her and most movies she's starring in.
    A little rumour: She was actually a pretty chubby kid, loved chocolate and all. Then WWII came and she became malnourished. However when she was on a cruise to Rome in order to shoot Roman Holiday, she gained about 15 pounds putting her at a slim weight (I think 5'7'' and 118 lbs, if I'm not mistaken) due to all the free food on the boat. The director was pretty angered and didn't believe she could lose it because he had some weight issues too, but she did (in about two weeks) and then vowed to herself to never exceed 103 pounds.

And I just have to add some picture spam... :]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Emerald Eyes

Emerald Eyes Guest

Thanks for adding those stunning pics Aletheia. Audrey was perfection itself.

17. riley4tt

riley4tt Guest

I more than love her!!!!
    OMG!!!! So beautiful!
    I own so many of her movies!!! Just watching her makes me happy!

18. Aletheia

Aletheia Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Allons-y

Allons-y Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]