Abbey Lee Kershaw

Saw these earlier on her Instagram...thought of you girls straight away.

I still love her.

image_zpsk3a3sijy.jpg

image_zps8t3kybnu.jpg

image_zpskwcoapgz.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
It's amazing how someone who's that obviously unintelligent (judging by Instagram and interviews) can have an attitude and general aura so incredibly cool that I don't even care about her weight oscillations and looks deterioration. Ultimate fav forever.

Reactions: 4 users
It's amazing how someone who's that obviously unintelligent (judging by Instagram and interviews) can have an attitude and general aura so incredibly cool that I don't even care about her weight oscillations and looks deterioration. Ultimate fav forever.

I don't even understand this post. Such shade is being thrown, but you're acting like its a compliment haha

Current body is a let down but I think she's fucking awesome. I feel like her attitude is what Cara hopes to come off like and miserably fails because she desperately needs the attention whereas abbey lee's i don't give a fuck attitude is genuine (plus she was an actually great model whereas cara's a stump with rich parents...)

Reactions: 2 users

I hate it when my idols have feet of clay. I never forgive. :twisted:

I hate it when my idols have feet of clay. I never forgive. :twisted:

Well I guess I'm just a far bigger person than you are, aren't I?

I mean, from the 90s soft goth style and the idiotic tattoos, to the ''gun control'' attention whoring at that one event, to her ''band'', to her being a super special snowflake in general, she's not exactly easy to like. On the other hand...

210.jpg

ba53a66902aa21827ee146f047337855.jpg

abbey-lee-kershaw-by-hedi-slimane-for-25-magazine-06.jpg

I think I've proven my point. :ijizzed:

Reactions: 1 user
Well I guess I'm just a far bigger person than you are, aren't I?

I mean, from the 90s soft goth style and the idiotic tattoos, to the ''gun control'' attention whoring at that one event, to her ''band'', to her being a super special snowflake in general, she's not exactly easy to like. On the other hand...

210.jpg

ba53a66902aa21827ee146f047337855.jpg

abbey-lee-kershaw-by-hedi-slimane-for-25-magazine-06.jpg

I think I've proven my point. :ijizzed:

Basically, with her cool attitude (and boobs) she can do anything she wants.

OK OK I take it back and I'm sorry :sorry::D

I have to admit I hadn't looked at her tits for quite some time. They are indeed persuasive.

Reactions: 2 users
Abbey on Modelling. (Full article http://www.theguardian.com/film/ng-...is-no-security-in-getting-paid-for-your-looks)

"The physical demands also took their toll. In 2008. Lee stumbled and fell during the Rodarte show and fainted three weeks later at the Alexander McQueen show after wearing a too-tight leather corset. She tore ligaments and underwent surgery in 2012 after an arthroscopy revealed bone fragments in one knee. The biannual fashion weeks – spread across New York, London, Milan and Paris – were particularly gruelling. For six week periods, models are often up until 3am for runway fittings, then expected to be ready for 6am call times. “I’ve never worked so hard in my life,” says Lee, remembering fellow models snatching sleep in corridors, on floors, in makeup chairs. “By the time you get to Paris, you can barely open your eyes. Your skin is red raw from all the makeup, your scalp hurts, you’re exhausted, you’re hungry, you are that broken down.”

In the same article she also commented on this video
" A recently surfaced backstage video shows Lanvin designer Albert Elbaz castigating Lee during a run-through, saying she looked drunk when she walked and threatening to cancel her appearance. The harried model is in tears. Lee glowers with anger at the memory. “If I could go back in time, I’d tell him to go fuck himself,” she says. “I was so shocked at what was happening, I was muted from it. When I look back at it now, I get really angry I didn’t have the balls, the energy, to stand up to him.”

I feel bad for her but I think that Albert was in right to cancel her if she could not walk, since Lanvin spend hundreds of hours creating the clothes and millions of dollars for the runway show.

In the same article she also commented on this video
" A recently surfaced backstage video shows Lanvin designer Albert Elbaz castigating Lee during a run-through, saying she looked drunk when she walked and threatening to cancel her appearance. The harried model is in tears. Lee glowers with anger at the memory. “If I could go back in time, I’d tell him to go fuck himself,” she says. “I was so shocked at what was happening, I was muted from it. When I look back at it now, I get really angry I didn’t have the balls, the energy, to stand up to him.”

I feel bad for her but I think that Albert was in right to cancel her if she could not walk, since Lanvin spend hundreds of hours creating the clothes and millions of dollars for the runway show.

Yea wait what, he is down right generous for saying that she can walk in flats instead of in those heels. How is he the mean one?

Reactions: 6 users
Yea wait what, he is down right generous for saying that she can walk in flats instead of in those heels. How is he the mean one?

I know. I was actually quite surprised at how sweet he was being. How many times have a model been allowed to walk in flats if her shoes were hurting her and not just told to suck it up or get out? :wtf:

Abbey on Modelling. (Full article http://www.theguardian.com/film/ng-...is-no-security-in-getting-paid-for-your-looks)

"The physical demands also took their toll. In 2008. Lee stumbled and fell during the Rodarte show and fainted three weeks later at the Alexander McQueen show after wearing a too-tight leather corset. She tore ligaments and underwent surgery in 2012 after an arthroscopy revealed bone fragments in one knee. The biannual fashion weeks – spread across New York, London, Milan and Paris – were particularly gruelling. For six week periods, models are often up until 3am for runway fittings, then expected to be ready for 6am call times. “I’ve never worked so hard in my life,” says Lee, remembering fellow models snatching sleep in corridors, on floors, in makeup chairs. “By the time you get to Paris, you can barely open your eyes. Your skin is red raw from all the makeup, your scalp hurts, you’re exhausted, you’re hungry, you are that broken down.”

But.. :wtf: What other jobs have you had?

No disrespect to models. I think everyone knows that catwalk models works crazy hours during fashion weeks (well, we all know that anyway), and it is exhausting (I really have the utmost respect for them), but I can't imagine she has all that much to compare it to.

I have to say, I like her as a model, but this interview doesn't do her any favors. She sounds ungrateful and entitled, and I see absolutely no reason for her to get mad at Albert Elbaz. Her walk was awful, and he actually tried to help her out. She should appreciate the fact that he was willing to help her out the way he did, not whine about it and throw shade. Honestly, my impression of her as a person really isn't all that favorable.

Reactions: 3 users
This article is a re-write of quotes from this one:

on one hand I'm like, "yea, boo hoo whatever", but on the other hand I think she's totally validated. Like I could never do what they do. I don't risk life and limb (or surgery) for anything. So yea, I'd be pissed if I fell on the job, shattered my knee, and there was no one to help out with my surgery (bc I doubt models get health insurance or workers comp). Fuck yea, I'd be an emotional wreck if I got three hours of sleep. Of course I'm anxious as hell if I don't know when or where my next pay check is coming from. Even if I had 100k in the bank from one job, that's not like set for life money, especially if she's paying for her own health care and doesn't have a 401k. Like your job sets that up & I don't know if an agency will do that for someone. Abbey Lee did her stint and now she's probably getting too old to model and that's scary for someone so she's allowed to voice her frustrations. I think her anger is coming from a place looking back and going, "wow, I am lucky, but what a fucked up place that was. I could have been unlucky and fallen on my ass several times without money and a livlihood."

All her points are totally valid and you can't just say she chose this job so she has to live with the consequences because all of us will at some point choose a shitty job and whine about it. It's just that her whining is on a much larger forum than ours. She does point out that she's grateful for the freedom modelling gave her. I think she's just more grateful that she's found something more substantial and that's okay.

Reactions: 1 users
But.. :wtf: What other jobs have you had?

No disrespect to models. I think everyone knows that catwalk models works crazy hours during fashion weeks (well, we all know that anyway), and it is exhausting (I really have the utmost respect for them), but I can't imagine she has all that much to compare it to.

I have to say, I like her as a model, but this interview doesn't do her any favors. She sounds ungrateful and entitled, and I see absolutely no reason for her to get mad at Albert Elbaz. Her walk was awful, and he actually tried to help her out. She should appreciate the fact that he was willing to help her out the way he did, not whine about it and throw shade. Honestly, my impression of her as a person really isn't all that favorable.

There are a lot of other jobs out there with crazy crazy hours/work demands and there are many bosses that would not be as nice as Albert. I thought he was rather kind, actually. She should count her lucky stars.