Abbey Lee Kershaw

There are a lot of other jobs out there with crazy crazy hours/work demands and there are many bosses that would not be as nice as Albert. I thought he was rather kind, actually. She should count her lucky stars.

Yup. Being a doctor comes to mind...

Also, I'd be very happy with a boss like Albert. He recognizes a problem (which is his job), asks her about it (so they can come up with a solution together), then lets her try her own solution to see if it works better. That, in my opinion, is a good boss!

Reactions: 1 users
For six week periods, models are often up until 3am for runway fittings, then expected to be ready for 6am call times. “I’ve never worked so hard in my life,” says Lee, remembering fellow models snatching sleep in corridors, on floors, in makeup chairs.
Oh BOO HOO. You had to sleep at 3 and wake up at 6. Unless it's every single day of the 6 week period with absolutely no time to nap during the day, it's totally reasonable. It's not like she's the only one in the industry with crazy hours. I don't hear designers and other people behind the scenes whining about their work hours.

Fuck yea, I'd be an emotional wreck if I got three hours of sleep.
Certain sacrifices come with the job. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. If you don't like the job (any job) and aren't willing to keep up your competencies to stay competitive, then you'll be replaced. Abbey isn't distinct enough to warrant working with her given her apparently bad attitude.

It's just that her whining is on a much larger forum than ours. She does point out that she's grateful for the freedom modelling gave her. I think she's just more grateful that she's found something more substantial and that's okay.
It's okay to whine and bitch but the key distinction with being a professional is keeping your bitching to your private life. I can't even imagine how many people she has pissed off. Then again, all media attention is good, right? She has a new career now - and in need of a sob story to get her on the "good side" of her new fans.

210.jpg

She's so obviously irritating and unintelligent, but then I see this and I'm just like :slutboobs::ijizzed:

Reactions: 4 users
I agree with her that the late hours, boredom, stress, low and inconsistent pay and constant criticism and rejection of catwalk modelling sound totally shit, and for those reasons I would not want that job. But these are features of many other jobs typically occupied by people her age (not to mention millions of others with bad work conditions all over the word), and they don't get world travel, glamorous parties and a bunch of six-figure beauty campaigns out of it, and they don't get the exposure that's allowed her to move on to do what they really want. I think most models will really quickly realise the nature of their job - it's competitive, insecure and at times exhausting, but you suck it up because it's a bridge to better things. (Including potentially marriage to a guy with lots of dough, as recent years prove.)

I find her beef with Albert Elbaz quite mystifying. He just points out the problem with her walk, asks for the reason and checks if she's ok, and suggests a solution, which works, then he moves on. Not really grounds to tell him to fuck himself. Even if he had cut her from the show, well, it's losing a job but it's not like losing your job. She'll just turn up in another show tomorrow, and it would have been purely because her walk did look absurd, which is hardly his fault.

Reactions: 3 users
Also, I'd be very happy with a boss like Albert. He recognizes a problem (which is his job), asks her about it (so they can come up with a solution together), then lets her try her own solution to see if it works better. That, in my opinion, is a good boss!

Totally agree.

I find her beef with Albert Elbaz quite mystifying. He just points out the problem with her walk, asks for the reason and checks if she's ok, and suggests a solution, which works, then he moves on. Not really grounds to tell him to fuck himself. Even if he had cut her from the show, well, it's losing a job but it's not like losing your job. She'll just turn up in another show tomorrow, and it would have been purely because her walk did look absurd, which is hardly his fault.

Exactly! After reading the description, I was expecting to see him being a total jerk about it and acting cruel and superior towards her. Then I saw the video and I was like "Is that it? He actually sounds very reasonable, and he even let her stay in the show, just made her change her shoes!" It boggles my mind that this was taken as such a great offense by her, enough to wish she had stood up to him and tell him to "fuck off". How mature. :meh:

She's so obviously irritating and unintelligent, but then I see this and I'm just like :slutboobs::ijizzed:

Ha ha, I share the feeling! She also gives me the impression of being one of those people who overestimate their own intelligence, and that's such an unappealing personal trait to have... I'll stick to the pretty pictures, thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
All this shade she is throwing towards her former modelling career seems so ungrateful and professional - I highly doubt she would have got the film roles she has without it. Anyway I loved this picture, she's much more beautiful when she isn't talking.

GquHoU8AVLE.jpg

All this shade she is throwing towards her former modelling career seems so ungrateful and professional - I highly doubt she would have got the film roles she has without it. Anyway I loved this picture, she's much more beautiful when she isn't talking.

GquHoU8AVLE.jpg
It is a little upsetting when people bash on a career they used to do. It's not making anyone look good.

She looks terrible and old beyond her years IMO..her calves look awful and can she not put on some concealer?

Wow, I used to love her, but I just can't get past her attitude. To me, beauty is something beyond looks, and as much as she is beautiful on the outside, her current thrashing of her former modelling career shows that she is nothing but white trash inside. Such a pity...How the mighty have fallen.

I don't give a shit about her attitude but she looks HEAVY

Reactions: 3 users
I'm always so interested in models who either have aged and aren't in the industry anymore, or for those who change professions, and what their thoughts are. They've got to be aware they've gained weight, but I want so badly to know what they're thinking. Same with models who have "rough times" where they gain weight quickly. It's not hard to tell a model's diet, but like all humans, they've got to have bad nights like us. It'd be inspiring to know. Abbey isn't bashing the industry like another blonde has been, which is so smart on her.

Compare her to that other little blonde. Or I guess not so little anymore.

I'm basing this on exposure as well, if she had the opportunity to do that like the other, she would.
Do you mean Snejana? Sorry, I'm probably being daft.. just am not quite following.

I live in Williamsburg and just passed her on the street. She used to be one of my favorite models. She was exiting a gourmet grocery store and I instantly recognized her. Her pale blonde locks had green tips and she was dressed casual - in these tight black stretchy pants that she's been photographed in before. Weight-wise her legs looked a bit thick - she didn't look model skinny.

Reactions: 1 user