victoria beckham

I
What happened to her makeup?
And face?! :spazrun:

5JV4dtw.jpg

eMdV8ie.jpg
I'm glad she looks better at the video. With this pics she looks like a Tim Burton character

Not a fan of her new face but I have so much respect for how she carries herself overall and how can you not love someone who is open about having this as their birthday cake

o-VICTORIA-BECKHAM-570.jpg

(Would a slice to celebrate finding a book publisher kill my weight loss goals though????? :hahano:)

Reactions: 2 users
On Internet comments about 17 year-old model, Peyton Knight, being too thin
I wasn’t the only show she did, I wasn’t the only designer to use her. Our casting director spoke to the [model] agencies, and we know that all our girls are healthy. They’re young, they’re thin, but that doesn’t mean they’re ill. People are mean on social media, whoever you are. It’s a shame people have to be that way.

http://www.celebitchy.com/457412/vi...dels_theyre_thin_that_doesnt_mean_theyre_ill/

Don't understand this woman, or the appeal of her, for the life of me. She royally fucked up her face.

1) She re-employed Simon Fuller when the spice girls ended and her solo career failed. He is basically Larry Rudolph for personal branding - i.e can make global superstars. That ended in 2010 but she was already huge by then.
Source - http://www.marketingmag.ca/brands/simon-fuller-quits-brand-beckham-2145

2) She plays both cards with the media - skinny for fashion while on talk shows agrees a 23 inch waist is tiny and likely extreme. Thus appealing to everyone.
Source - YouTube the View interview

3) She has had 4 children, works non stop alongside a media filled marriage with THAT many cheating "issues" so obviously she won't look like an unmarried, childless 40 year old (eg Diane Kruger). However, she has not accepted that so makes herself look much, much older with surgery. Gwen Stefani defies those factors so there is obviously something else.
Source - Google

4) She has always looked much older than she is. Even in the spice girls she was 20-26 but could pass for mid 20s the entire time.
And in this outfit she is 35 yet easily looks ten years older.
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/fa...high-high-leather-boots-at-fashions-night-out

5) She is a "rags to riches" story in some respects. Her accent is undeniable. Like Cheryl (Cole).
Source - any video of them. I remember hearing stories about how Victoria was trying to change it.
Source - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...hams-changed-accents-sound-working-class.html

Personally, I respect that she's one of the few celebrity moms who's never done anything that leaves me wondering "Wow, what if her kids see that in ten years time?" Also, even if you don't love her brand, I don't think anybody can argue that she is remarkably hard working and dedicated.

Reactions: 7 users
Vicky was always present in my childhood/youth. I was a huge Spice Girls fan (VB was the one I liked least) , I brought everything from their merchandising catalogue. :D However, it is indeed remarkable how she managed to become the most successful girl from the group after their split and her marketing concept 'how to make David a global sport popstar' should be lesson in PR workshops.

I just read that David is the 'sexiest' man alive, crazy, his look peaked like 10 years ago.:hahano:

Last edited:
I agree with @bingeonvogue . I dont usually care much for her brand and her recent styling just isn' t helping her (I think its her eyebrows) BUT I have tremendous respect for her hardwork and that she built her career to its current status. Also, inspite of david's indiscretions, she has kept her head on straight and still maintains a dignified presence.

Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 user
What I admire at Victoria is her incredible evolution since the Spice Girls era. She's a completely different person, and that's not easy to do. She has great instincts.
Totally! And her evolution was so public. You reminded me that I have her book, "That Extra Half Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between" on my shelf. It was published in 2006, so grain of salt and all that. It is lots of fluff, but cute enough. Here is the table of contents:
hzH4UWy.jpg

Ladies, let me know if you are interested in a particular chapter. She writes about how to look skinny, confident and chic using certain dressing techniques.

From the Introduction:

"First, I'd like to knock a few things on the head. The idea that, once you have a bit of money, you start staggering around wearing couture and stilettos all day long is as mad as thinking you'll be living on caviar and champagne. The staples remain the same whatever happens in your life. Toast is still my favorite food and jeans are probably what I'm happiest wearing...Looking good isn't about money, it's about style. And style never goes out of fashion."

"My own inspiration comes from fashion icons of the last century: Grace Kelly, Jackie Onassis and my muse-for-all-seasons, Audrey Hepburn. Breakfast at Tiffanys must be my favorite movie of all time, and you could still wear anything from that today. And what do these women have in common? Simplicity. The understanding that it is all about shape--not just body shape, but the silhouette: the hat, the sunglasses, the bag, the shoes. Looks that have staying power."

"I'm not a six foot tall model, nor am I a pin-up for men, and, for this book that's my strength, because I'm a girls' girl. In most respects I am very ordinary: smaller bones than average, perhaps, but normal height, normal face, normal hair: the girl next door who got lucky."

Lots of pictures too. Some highlights, include a description of the late great Isabella Blow. This first picture looks so familiar and is that David's reflection?
4xuBLdH.jpg

ilfYGj3.jpg

1loNqr7.jpg

5mRTWMK.jpg

"Tit tape"
qu00FUG.jpg

4MLuJw7.jpg

AzvT7ZQ.jpg

qgYQ9E6.jpg

ccsMKv1.jpg

In terms of special occasions (hello holiday party season is coming up!), she recommends a trouser suit a la Patti Smith, as a dress alternative. "Wearing something quite masculine is often really sexy...and can still cause as much of an impact as it did in 1966 when Yves Saint Laurent first showed this look with his famous Le Smoking, a stylishly louche tuxedo for women..."

Reactions: 1 users