victoria beckham

He said some celebrities went DAYS without eating. I don't believe that. I think it's all exaggeration.
Where does it say this? The article says some celebs avoid food for 3-4 days before events, aka they go from fat to less fat.

You can starve yourself and not be skinny.
Being extremely hungry for a day or two isn't "starvation" :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
other (perhaps unpopular) thoughts--am i the only person that likes going out to restaurants and eating in moderation or tiny portions, or just being repsonsible? Like, I have been at a bmi of 15 and still did not order steamed spinach at Cut for christ sakes? All of these celebrities must drink/eat at home a lot more, because you don't have to eat only vegetables to be thin...

Reactions: 8 users
other (perhaps unpopular) thoughts--am i the only person that likes going out to restaurants and eating in moderation or tiny portions, or just being repsonsible? Like, I have been at a bmi of 15 and still did not order steamed spinach at Cut for christ sakes? All of these celebrities must drink/eat at home a lot more, because you don't have to eat only vegetables to be thin...

In Victoria's case it's a performance. It's part of her public image, it's what's expected of her. If she ordered lobster mac'n'cheese, a rib eye, and tiramisu, can you imagine the headlines??

Reactions: 6 users

I think most people diet by starving/binging unfortunately. But that is mainly because being skinny usually requires making it a lifestyle.
Most people would rather binge a whole pizza and then switch up and eat barely anything. (I'm not talking about fat people that just eat whatever, but most slim-ish people that try to stay that way).
This is probably why we see so many yo-yo-ing celebs.
This is all probably because it's taboo to talk about what skinny people actually eat.

No, I feel the same - if we're out at my favourite restaurant I will have wine and fish because they cook fish beautifully, it's a light enough dish to not do any damage and it would be a complete waste to go out and eat spinach only.

But I agree with @FashionThin that it is probably a performance with Victoria; the press love stories about her eating air and nothing else.

Also, just a wild guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't especially interested in good food. I read years ago that she used to eat nothing all day but a packet of crisps which doesn't suggest a natural interest in food or cooking.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe she is constantly dining out at nice restaurants, so the novelty of gourmet chef prepared meals is long lost? Maybe she doesn't need to treat herself because going to a nice place is her equivalent of me grabbing carryout from Panera (or somewhere else blasé) on a Tuesday? If so, she is just living her normal regimen like I do throughout the week, because to her it's not a special occasion. Her steamed spinach at Cut is my side salad at a burger joint (when coerced by friends).

Still...in addition to that, keeping up appearances is a big one for VB as well.

Reactions: 5 users
I don't think Vicky at home eats much differently than what she orders in restaurants. She is category 'discipline' since post Spice Girls era.

I hate eating in public, I avoid it. I feel uncomfortable even looking at the cafes outside where people at 11am eat their pasta or have the biggest ice cream cup.

Reactions: 2 users
ALSO --- she's twice your age. So, (although some people don't seem to believe in this ---) her metabolism is much slower than yours. I agree with @FashionThin, like most of the time anyway, that it's a show to her.

ALSO --- she's twice your age. So, (although some people don't seem to believe in this ---) her metabolism is much slower than yours. I agree with @FashionThin, like most of the time anyway, that it's a show to her.
no way anyone's metabolism is slow enough to require 50-100 calorie dinners, i just can't buy that
i agree with the note about performance and image though, that's a good point

Reactions: 6 users

I think that's why she has started to exercise some years ago. There are a lot of photos of her doing Yoga, leaving the Gym etc. She doesn't look 'scary' skinny. It seems like she swapped restriction for moderate eating+sport. Same with others of her age like Queen Letizia, Jennifer Connelly.

Overall when I look back at her WAG era (when Becks was the global superstar of his sport) shelooked very skinny but I had zero appreciation because of the XL boobs, the fake tan, the fake hair, the tacky fashion. She improved a lot.

Reactions: 1 user
Where does it say this? The article says some celebs avoid food for 3-4 days before events, aka they go from fat to less fat.

Being extremely hungry for a day or two isn't "starvation" :rolleyes:

Very true,. My mistake.
Great perception by the way re interpreting the phrasing. Clever use of those specific words on their behalf.

I am looking for similar 'long pants' like Vicky's. The last flare ( jeans ) I thought could be the ONE was a disaster.
Has someone seen similar pants online or in stores ?

3A8FFF0C00000578-3952998-Chic_Victoria_Beckham_stuck_to_her_favourite_tailored_trousers_a-m-53_1479593799334.jpg

3A348BCC00000578-3922848-image-a-29_1478765214137.jpg

gallery-1473604243-gettyimages-600347732.jpg

gallery-1473605025-gettyimages-601957252.jpg

:luv:,
He4GXCr.jpg

• Love
I am looking for similar 'long pants' like Vicky's. The last flare ( jeans ) I thought could be the ONE was a disaster.
Has someone seen similar pants online or in stores ?

3A8FFF0C00000578-3952998-Chic_Victoria_Beckham_stuck_to_her_favourite_tailored_trousers_a-m-53_1479593799334.jpg

3A348BCC00000578-3922848-image-a-29_1478765214137.jpg

gallery-1473604243-gettyimages-600347732.jpg

gallery-1473605025-gettyimages-601957252.jpg

:luv:,
He4GXCr.jpg

Where do you live? Dion Lee (Australian designer) often has pants like those in his collections, eg:

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 6.39.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 6.39.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 6.38.32 PM.png

She's obviously incredibly disciplined and I truly admire her drive and achievements, but working out for two hours a day, seven days a week is totally unnecessary (assuming she means intensive exercise rather than stretching or something) unless you are actually in training as an athlete. It can even be counter-productive to omit rest days because the physical stress will decrease your ability to recover and get the full health and weight benefit, as well as increasing risk of injury, decreasing immunity etc. It would be different if she was doing something sporty because she loved the experience (as many of our members do), but it sounds more like she does this specifically to keep her figure, which is really gratuitous; you can easily be skinny and healthy in half that amount of time if you're smart about your workouts and balance different types of training - I find the extreme exercising a bit sad even though the commitment is impressive :(

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
She's obviously incredibly disciplined and I truly admire her drive and achievements, but working out for two hours a day, seven days a week is totally unnecessary (assuming she means intensive exercise rather than stretching or something) unless you are actually in training as an athlete. It can even be counter-productive to omit rest days because the physical stress will decrease your ability to recover and get the full health and weight benefit, as well as increasing risk of injury, decreasing immunity etc. It would be different if she was doing something sporty because she loved the experience (as many of our members do), but it sounds more like she does this specifically to keep her figure, which is really gratuitous; you can easily be skinny and healthy in half that amount of time if you're smart about your workouts and balance different types of training - I find the extreme exercising a bit sad even though the commitment is impressive :(

I like her a lot but I do wonder to what extent she actually enjoys her life. I think she's done an amazing job of turning the public perception of her and her career around, and has made some incredibly smart decisions about her business but it must be a strange position to be in and I wouldn't be surprised if she feels very insecure about her credibility because it's not as though her career started in an especially distinguished way.

I've never thought she had a full blown eating disorder, but I suspect she's so disciplined because she feels under a huge amount of pressure to stay this thin - if she gained weight, the UK press would LOVE it and the bitchy articles would be absurd and relentless. If I were her I'd probably work out like this too.

• Agree