Taylor Swift

To be honest - and speaking not about her body right now or anything - I don't really mind her new song or its gimmicks. It's not a great piece of music, but I liked the video, especially the ending and how she reclaimed all the longstanding media criticisms of her.

I haven't been into her since I was in middle school and she was country (her old songs are still a nostalgic guilty pleasure), and I don't justify all her actions or anything, but I think the active hate over her character is a bit tiring by now. It looks like she's never going to please any of her haters and is always going to be misinterpreted, so I feel a bit of sympathy towards her and while not saying I'm a fan of it, I can understand why all the fan criticism has led to her kind of robotic, bland manufactured persona over the years.

For so long she used to be hated for being a slut and dating everyone's favorite celebrities, then slut-shaming became problematic on tumblr, so they found new socially acceptable ways to hate her. Like calling her a "mayonnaise trump supporter" [legit term used] because she's white, and saying she's deliberately trying to oppress Kanye as a black male.
(This is a criticism of the mostly-bandwagon haters I see on social media, not a response to the posts above on SG. Sorry for going on a bit of a devil's advocate tangent.)

All that withstanding, reading "TAYLOR HAS GOTTEN SO THICCCC SHE LOOKS SOOO GOOD" just made me want to never look at her, or Tumblr, or food again.
Everything on social media now is really just people bandwagoning onto things. I see so many people hating on different celebrities constantly (Taylor being one of them), and when you ask them why they give you some bullshit answer, a fabrication, or better yet they truly don't know why they hate them, they just do.
I enjoy how Taylor is using the hate and turning it into her next money making album+world tour. And I've read a lot of stuff online about the music video and she included so many small details and metaphors in it, I just think her and her marketing team are very smart for the way they are spinning all the hate on her.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I would be less annoyed by her if she won't make people wear "I <3 TS" shirts. Your arrogance makes you so ugly, Taylor.

Reactions: 1 users
Speaking of references, did anyone else think that the bathtub scene was perhaps in reference to Kim Kardashian's robbery? :wtf: And additionally, the many plastic looking women meant to represent her "squad" - I must say that while I don't like the song, the video was extremely clever.

Last edited:
Speaking of references, did anyone else think that the bathtub scene was perhaps in reference to Kim Kardashian's robbery? :wtf:

Yes many people thought that!! And not to be the TS expert here, but that image was actually in reference to her own quote in 2015 following the release of her Blank Space video. She was talking about how the media describes her as someone who just sits at home all day in a bathtub of pearls, as opposed to someone who works for her success. And the $1 in the tub was a reference to her recent counter-lawsuit for only $1 against the radio DJ who sexually assaulted her.

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users
Speaking of references, did anyone else think that the bathtub scene was perhaps in reference to Kim Kardashian's robbery? :wtf:
Yes many people thought that!! And not to be the TS expert here, but that image was actually in reference to her own quote in 2015 following the release of her Blank Space video. She was talking about how the media describes her as someone who just sits at home all day in a bathtub of pearls, as opposed to someone who works for her success. And the $1 in the tub was a reference to her recent counter-lawsuit for only $1 against the radio DJ who sexually assaulted her.
interesting...I actually haven't read any of the articles but I will certainly catch up. Excited to see what else I missed, thank you for sharing!

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_5597.JPG

According to TMZ she this was taken at her friends wedding yesterday in Martha's Vineyard...

She really is looking horrible. Those arms :eek: and even her stomach/lower body is looking massive. I think it's hilarious, she's a snake and I love all the shit she's been getting.

• Gross
Reactions: 4 users
So I just heard on twitter that she is releasing another new song sometime today after posting a teaser on her Instagram story earlier. The new song honestly sounds more like her style, not like Look What You Made Me Do at all. I'm wondering if maybe she dropped that song first to stir up buzz or something, and now she's dropping something that will be like her usual hits.

Not really sure what the correlation with the song and ESPN is though, maybe a promotional thing during halftimes or something as that's what the teaser vid seems to show but I don't know

It's sort of funny to see Taylor looking like this because even at her skinniest I always thought she was average (at best), but now I find myself reminiscing on old Taylor :luvluv:
IMG_1116.JPG

It could be because I just binged watched Pretty Little Liars this summer, but Swift's transformation reminds me a lot of Sasha Pieterse. They both went from skinny to so soft with SUCH bad mommy arms.View attachment 17782View attachment 17784

I dont think it's quite as unfortunate as Sasha's. But I also have a problem with Sasha blaming her weight gain on a "hormone imbalance" as if we all didn't go through puberty :facepalm:

I also always assumed Taylor was naturally thin so it's shocking that it's becoming more and more apparent she isn't. I would feel bad for her if I didn't think karma was catching up with her a bit :lol:

I would be less annoyed by her if she won't make people wear "I <3 TS" shirts. Your arrogance makes you so ugly, Taylor.

See the fact that she and Hiddleston were shameless enough to do that make me enjoy her just a little when previously Taylor (and Tom) were the human version of wet cardboard to me. Useless and obnoxious. But the reactions that drew gave my trollish side entertainment.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user