Taylor Swift

Holy. Shit. Guys this new song is so bad. She sounds insane.

I made it to 21 seconds and TBH it only took me that long to turn it off because I was on a desktop and fumbled getting to the mouse button.

• Funny
Reactions: 3 users
@Natalie

This version is so much better than the original!

I really don't like this :run:

-

Taylor is really switching up her image again, seems like all of her old posts are deleted or hidden now, even her favorited tweets on twitter :lol:
I wouldn't be surprised if she'll be performing at the VS show, her album is released around the same time :whistling:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
It pains me to say I actually liked the song but I would like to qualify that statement by adding I think I only like it because it appeals to my inner angsty teenager... Taylor is 27 years old.

Here lies Taylor Swift's reputation? :lol: What the Zombieland is going on :run:

I see Paparazzi by Lady Gaga, Can't Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus, Hold Up by Beyonce (and probably other music videos) influenced in the video.
At least at the end she recognizes how she has so many personas/phases. But omg she looks so thick in that video :eek:

• Agree
My boyfriend watched it and said "Is it just me or did she get really fat?" :lol:

My guy friends noticed this too and they're usually pretty oblivious. When it's even immediately recognizable to men.......

But according to recent pics, she's slimmed down since shooting and maybe this video will just be later known as her big-girl era. I don't personally care about her, but for sheer aesthetic appreciation, I hope she gets thin again.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Surprised they didn't edit the video to make her look thinner, unless...this IS the edited version? :run:

Confession: I think I like this song...help me!

Watching her strut in that video made me feel like I was the victim of an earthquake. The ground was Shaking It Off beneath my feet :sneaky:

I actually thought the last part was funny, I don't mind this video. Her arms looked so big and soft in the bathtub scene, she really gained a lot wow. What a difference from the Blank Space video.

• Agree
I actually thought the last part was funny, I don't mind this video. Her arms looked so big and soft in the bathtub scene, she really gained a lot wow. What a difference from the Blank Space video.
I loved that last bit! Honestly, I think the video is very tongue-in-cheek. I appreciate that she's confronted what people have been saying about her.

Though..... I agree, I miss her skinny days. As much as I dislike her, at least she wasn't an eyesore when she was 25 pounds lighter.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Her weight gain stands out especially because she's wearing "iconic" outfits so then vs. now is easily comparable. Examples:

taylor-swift-a1.jpg

landscape-1503893184-taycomp2.jpg

Edit: Just wanted to add that the I thought the last 40 seconds of the video was pretty ballsy for her, considering she's usually so safe/boring.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
I kinda like this. She finally realized that the whole "good girl" image was annoying and people knew it was fake. I want to see her become a bitch to the public face, that way she could be mildly interesting.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
When I first heard it, I was disappointed but now I can’t stop listening to it. I think the music video made me like it more. I thought the end part was really entertaining and well done. So looked pretty chubby tho, espesally in the robbery scene with the cat mask and the dance bit with all the guys. Hopefully she has slimmed down since filming.

• Agree
She really is THE Queen of playing the victim. "Look what you made me do?" Nah B, no one made you do anything. Just fucking own up to your actions like a big gurl already... oh wait, at least half of that statement is true. yawwwwwwnnnnnnn. :meh:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I really don't care for Taylor Swift or keep up with her, but I saw this photo and god damn she looks unfortunate

00-lede-lwymmd.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
To be honest - and speaking not about her body right now or anything - I don't really mind her new song or its gimmicks. It's not a great piece of music, but I liked the video, especially the ending and how she reclaimed all the longstanding media criticisms of her.

I haven't been into her since I was in middle school and she was country (her old songs are still a nostalgic guilty pleasure), and I don't justify all her actions or anything, but I think the active hate over her character is a bit tiring by now. It looks like she's never going to please any of her haters and is always going to be misinterpreted, so I feel a bit of sympathy towards her and while not saying I'm a fan of it, I can understand why all the fan criticism has led to her kind of robotic, bland manufactured persona over the years.

For so long she used to be hated for being a slut and dating everyone's favorite celebrities, then slut-shaming became problematic on tumblr, so they found new socially acceptable ways to hate her. Like calling her a "mayonnaise trump supporter" [legit term used] because she's white, and saying she's deliberately trying to oppress Kanye as a black male.
(This is a criticism of the mostly-bandwagon haters I see on social media, not a response to the posts above on SG. Sorry for going on a bit of a devil's advocate tangent.)

All that withstanding, reading "TAYLOR HAS GOTTEN SO THICCCC SHE LOOKS SOOO GOOD" just made me want to never look at her, or Tumblr, or food again.

• Agree