Shoe Trends You Hate!

• Thread starter glitter_starships
  • Start date
I second the ankle straps. Actually shoes with straps in general.
And plattform high heels.
And crocs (do I even need to say this?).
Those roman sandals? Ugh. Especially when the fat is squishing out between those straps.
Peep toes. Only acceptable if your toes are in extra good shape (pedicure, anyone?).
Kitten heels.

Uggs... hm, I think some of them look good if you have extra skinny legs. But in 99% of the cases, just no. I have some, but I only wear them when I go to the store (five minutes away), plus we have around 30cm of snow here atm, which is an excuse I can accept ;)

Kitten heels. Enough said.

Also any Australian girls will understand what I'm talking about when I say ugg boots with tights as pants.

I can't stand those sketchers "toning" shoes. They are freaking hideous and probably don't work at all!!

Wearing those shoes is the best way to f*uck up your spine! :confused: a friend tried... Her doctor urged her to throw them away!

Kitten heels. Enough said.

Also any Australian girls will understand what I'm talking about when I say ugg boots with tights as pants.

In Canada, we have one better: Uggs with wide ass, sloppy looking sweatpants tucked in. This look makes me cringe; unforunately for me, it's very prevelant, especially in the winter. People are so lazy.

Look is a la this:

sweatpants-and-uggs.jpg

In Canada, we have one better: Uggs with wide ass, sloppy looking sweatpants tucked in. This look makes me cringe; unforunately for me, it's very prevelant, especially in the winter. People are so lazy.

Look is a la this:

sweatpants-and-uggs.jpg

Yup I see this all over where I live in Canada too!
I always think I need to live in Europe because girls here don't give a F@ck what they look like!
The other day at the bank, a girl (who was wearing her PJ bottoms tucked into her uggs) looked me up and down because I actually put effort into my wardrobe when I go out, so I did the same thing and very noticeably rolled my eyes at her. Such slobs :superpuke:

ok I'm going to be the odd one and say I actually like kitten heels, uggs, creepers, slippers - if all these are worn correctly and with the right outfits. Plus you have the legs/body to pull these off.

However, I hate mid heels. If I wear heels they have to be the highest or kitten heels (for smart formal occasions) but mid heels I actually cannot stand. I also hate crocs and those trainer types with heels like the red one above. Eeewww.

Tiny shoes on big women. If you have bigger legs you need to wear a heal that is a big "bigger" (wider circumference and a bit higher). And for THE LOVE OF GOD, wear shoes that fit and aren't too small.

lbd-shoes.jpg

No no no no no no

Haha, and like @Mary and @Allie said, as a fellow Canadian I see a LOT of Uggs around. I guess the only thing that makes it a little better is that it's actually cold and if girls are wearing uggs in -30 degree weather, well whatever. I think Uggs in normal weather however, when it's unnecessary, is ick. :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Look is a la this:

sweatpants-and-uggs.jpg

people dress like this in Australia too! =_=" probably even worse since uggs come from here...

- When short girls wear huge chunky platforms, it just makes them look even shorter
- Wedge ankle boots, looks like a hoof
- Anything chunky
- Toms
- Uggs
- Obnoxious neon sneakers

Studded smoking slippers. Trend overkill!
spotted-at-nyfw-gold-spiked-slippers.jpeg

whisty-street-style-blog-leopard-spike-flat-slippers.jpg

Actually, smoking slippers in general don't look so good IMO.
smoking-slipper-babes.jpg

SLIPPERS SLIPPERS SLIPPERS - why are people ignoring that word?
Are they really comfortable for fat feet?
steve+madden+smoking+slippers+asos+curve++faux+leather+panel+pant.jpg

081.JPG

*Note: I did not intend to relate smoking slippers to obese people, I have to credit Google Images for that.

Personally, I like kitten heels (in boots.. not some shit which makes your feet look like horizontal long points).
I like my heels, but can only wear block/thick heels for the entire day- the stilettos are more that likely to put me in a situation where I wont be able to move my left ankle the next morning.
I hate uggs. and crocs. I think I hid my mom's crocs when she came home with them. Maybe for the beach, but nothing else.

Shoes- listen up! stick to one trend! and for effs sake, make shoes which are a size 42 please! I need shoes in shops, not online!

my eyes are burning :superpuke:
I've seen these hideous shoes in SA just picture it almost like a slop but with two inches of foam underneath . literally look like boats . not good for you aaand not good for the rest of society that has to live with seeing them :superpuke:

I sometimes believe shoes and the like are designed by blind people :hmm:

Personally, I like kitten heels (in boots.. not some shit which makes your feet look like horizontal long points).
I like my heels, but can only wear block/thick heels for the entire day- the stilettos are more that likely to put me in a situation where I wont be able to move my left ankle the next morning.
I hate uggs. and crocs. I think I hid my mom's crocs when she came home with them. Maybe for the beach, but nothing else.

Shoes- listen up! stick to one trend! and for effs sake, make shoes which are a size 42 please! I need shoes in shops, not online!

Ugh, crocs should not exist:superpuke:. Try wearing a shoe that doesn't look like where you wrapped your foot with a holey yoga mat in the shape of a clown's shoe. I don't even get the point - wear flip flops instead. I love the kitten heels too! (I love heels in general :))

not a trend but orthopedic shoes that are super clunky!! especially when people don't need them for foot support or whatever. my history teacher always wears them :spazrun::run:
20113-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

(sorry it's so big!)

not a trend but orthopedic shoes that are super clunky!! especially when people don't need them for foot support or whatever. my history teacher always wears them :spazrun::run:
20113-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

(sorry it's so big!)

Oh dear god, yes. I hate them. And also crocs, uggs (and variations of them), stripper heels (with the plastic heels and glitter and shit), plastic moccasins (think moccasin crocs :superpuke:) and kitten heels.

KITTEN HEELS SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN INVENTED :superpuke:

Crocs should not be worn in public.

Lastly I hate uggs in general, it reminds me of 13 year old girls. There are way cuter boots out there. Don't even get my started on the sparkly uggs :rolleyes:

CROCS MY GOODNESS, uggs, kitten heals, flatform sneackers, creepers. :spazrun:

I can't stand ballet flats for some reason. Prob cuz my legs look stupid in them. Also not a fan of toms, they look sloppy.

You girls have named seriously every shoe I hate... Kitten heels, uggs, ridiculous glittery/jewel encrusted/obviously cheap platform stilettos, platform sneakers, toms, crocs, flats, clunky orthopedic type shoes... Wow. :highfive:

I live in Florida and see a disproportionate amount of Uggs..The weather in Florida never gets cold enough for uggs, but I still see them all year, even the summer. How? :cry: