Shoe Trends You Hate!

• Thread starter glitter_starships
  • Start date
Wedge trainers :disgusted:

tumblr_m46z9zN2on1qbzela.jpg

Well there are a few shoe styles and trends that I hate. I just need to vent. Sorry haha.

First of all, uggs with shorts. No. Just, no. Uggs are fluffy and warm like a polar bear. They are meant to be worn in cold weather. Shorts are skin-bearing and meant to be worn in hot weather. Don't mix them, because the end result is looking like an eskimo stripper.

Glad to have gotten that out lol! Any one else have a shoe pet peeve?

Oh no.....I wear Uggs with shorts.....:p Something about that off combination of summer clothes with winter shoes is intriguing (and strangely comfortable and feels sexy to walk in.....maybe I'm just crazy :lol:)

Snap I used to love Crocs too.....lol I guess people here would hate my shoe closet :(

:lol: I don't even know if Crocs need to be mentioned at this point, but I will! I also hate those godawful looking shoes that have all the toes on them... shudder they creep me out so bad!

Haha oh dear, when mylaptop is fixed I'm going to take a picture (or maybe video) of my shoe collection just to horrify you all.xD

My personal hatreds:
Uggs. Any uggs. With any outfit. Especially the knitted ones
Crocs
Trainers when not working out (The UK is full of icky chavs who LIVE in nylon tracksuits and trainers but they're all so fat they clearly never work out)
Kitten heels
Pointy toed anythings
Open toes with socks or tights

I also CANNOT wear flat shoes. My every day shoes are 5" platforms lol.

I like creepers, but only the demonia ones and only on men. Just bought my boyfriend a pair and they look great on him.;D

Ooh! I have a shoe hatred that hasn't been mentioned yet!

I hate the "toe cleavage" thing...which is unfortunately barring me from being able to buy pretty much any dress shoes right now at all. The rounded toe trend I love, but almost every pair I try on shows tons of my toes (which are proportionately long for my feet, but this is ridiculous!), like way more than is necessary, cute or fashionable.

I has sads. :(

Vibram five fingers. I know they're supposed to be awesome for running and blah blah blah, but they seriously freak me out. So ugly.

vibram_fivefingers_sprint.jpg

My boyfriend's got a pair of these and he loves them. They look so strange. He always tells me I should get them and that they are super comfortable and light.

No. No. No. I don't want to walk around looking like I have freaky monkey feet.

Thank you!
Especially wedge sneakers!Ugh!I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this cause the Isabel Marant ones are you soooo "fashion forward" bla bla.But they just look so freaking ugly to me. I mean, I can barely tolerate wedges but wegde sneakers?? :superpuke:
isabel_marant.jpg
BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFmpnc0M3S0FTNFJHM2dFVzdtTEhaX0EAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg
Stop it already:cry:!!!

I think it really depends on the sneakers. Some look awful, but I've seen one or two pairs that are actually really cute. :)

Wedge trainers :disgusted:

tumblr_m46z9zN2on1qbzela.jpg

THOSE are ugly.

Vibram five fingers. I know they're supposed to be awesome for running and blah blah blah, but they seriously freak me out. So ugly.

vibram_fivefingers_sprint.jpg

I KNOW! So many people on my cross country team wear them, and honestly I don't know what was going through their head when they bought it.

I have to admit I hadn't heard of the wedge trainers before this thread and I quite love the ones that are all black. :oops:

Smoking slippers!

My god yes! They have never appealed to me and even the £500 pairs look just as cheap as the Topshop/New Look/Primark ones. And they are everywhere!! It's like the automatic ballet pump replacement for people that don't shop with a conscience or effort in what they're actually wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flatforms :(
0916derek-lam-flatforms_fa.jpg

Or those allstars with huge platforms, they're so ugly!

Every time I see platforms like that my arches ache in sympathy. They look like they have no support whatsoever. *shudder*