Shoe Trends You Hate!

• Thread starter glitter_starships
  • Start date
Crocs. duh.
Open toed heels. at all. i hate them.
kitten heels. the only use for them is to get stuck in mud. srsly useless.
those neon fuzzy shoes? i dont even know. like rave shoes.
90s boots. you know what i mean.
loafers!

All these hipster girls where I live wear loafers ad boating shoes and it looks like they cut off an old mans feet and sewed them on their legs.:superpuke:

In my humble opinion, one of the worst shoe trends is the converse knee high:

converse-all-star-xx-hi-black_02.jpg

Which can only be beaten by this monstrous creation:

converse_high_heel_sneakers.jpg

... :superpuke:

Hands down its got to be kitten heels. I find them offensive to the point that I will literally gag and get goosebumps when I see them.

Fucking VILE!

Amen to that. There should be a law against fatties wearing kitten heels. Also fat girls who wear Toms. Disgusting.

Uggs (except the knit ones look ok only when styled the right way)
Crocs and all its variations
Flatforms (I was wary of wedges because I knew it would go wrong)
Creepers.. please reserve them for creepy army men
Wedged sneakers also
Heels with no heels, looks awkward

Not shoes directly but I think socks with open toed shoes or sandals look so bad and I'm not sure why I catch people out like all the time.

And omg knee high Converse... I remember my 4th grade teacher wore them :superpuke: she also had a tramp stamp... :confused:

Hmm I guess I hate massive boots that have tiny heel
561447_10150967558568892_213577436_n.jpg

Like these one. In my opinion it looks like the heel is going to break or something.

124alertlpt_medium_fr_master_camelblack.jpg

These too because it looks strange on my feet. And I don't like the shape neither. Forever hating on kitten heels

124biellop_medium_fr_camel.jpg

Strange heel is strange. Looks messed up.

Then there are other that were already named, so I am not going to re-write them :grin:

The only "types" of shoes I hate without difference are kitten heels and crocs. And wellies in sunny weather.
On MOST people
- wedge sneakers
-jeffrey campbell shoes, especially litas
-uggs/emus
- chunky shoes, massive platforms
- even sky-high heels
look ridicolous. They only work if you have the proportions for it, sadly, otherwise they just make you look like you're either fatter or about to fall down.

Ugg, wellington, heels higher than 10-12 cm, flip flops! Omg, people wear them to almost everything. Don't you have normal summer shoes? Like sth you can't wear to the beach?

I have an odd hatred of shoes with very pointy toes. I've always thought they looked comically stupid since I was a little girl, which was only compounded by my mother trying to persuade me that they were cute and made your legs look longer! I personally think that they just make your feet look bigger...

Same here. They remind me of my evil principal from middle school.

Crocs and plastic shoes full stop. :nervous: They just look like they'd be so sweaty.

Also man shoes for women. Like Broges. I'm just not keen on them personally.

And wedge trainers! :wtf:

Crocs, uggs, creepers, loafers, trainers, kitten heels, plastic shoes, peep-toe boots or pointy witch shoes... the list is soooo long :rolleyes:

All that aside, I'm pretty open to weird/trendy/even ugly shoes, as long as there's some evidence of effort or personal style there. I'd way rather see some ridiculous looking things from an indie ModCloth designer than a sad old woman in mum jeans in dirty trainers or crocs. That's just not okay.

That is pretty much my opinion as well :)

I hate some shoes, but well, its better to see something that makes you smile - like teenage girls trying to walk in a pair of fake JC Lolitas cause they want to look like one of those 1937347364 fashion bloggers - than just the sad view of boring dirty sneakers everywhere.

Aside from the obvious (crocs, kitten heels, Uggs), I just really hate cork wedges. Sometimes I'll see a pair of shoes that have a nice design on top and could have been great were it not for being anchored to a big hunk of cork.

Vibram five fingers. I know they're supposed to be awesome for running and blah blah blah, but they seriously freak me out. So ugly.

vibram_fivefingers_sprint.jpg