Selena Gomez

Finally figured out what her swollen, lumpy face reminds me of.
quasimodo__s_crap_icon_by_suranespiral-d4dpmmg.png
selena-gomez-green-dress-2.jpg

:highfive:

it seems to me, she's trying to gain pity from the public

pity and attention.

She really has nothing to offer the entertainment world. Without broadcasting her lupus diagnosis, she would fade away forever. I'm surprised she has lasted as long as she has in Hollywood. She is a shrimpy, no talent and can't make up for those shortcomings by at least being skinny.

I hope she saved that Disney money.

Also Wiki says, "Selena Marie Gomez is an American actress, singer and fashion designer."
:spitlaugh:

pity and attention.

She really has nothing to offer the entertainment world. Without broadcasting her lupus diagnosis, she would fade away forever. I'm surprised she has lasted as long as she has in Hollywood. She is a shrimpy, no talent and can't make up for those shortcomings by at least being skinny.

I hope she saved that Disney money.

Also Wiki says, "Selena Marie Gomez is an American actress, singer and fashion designer."
:spitlaugh:
Every idiot seems to tout themself as a designer these days. Wtf ppl.

Haha sorry no, I was just really confused at her terminology of "chemo". It's typically reserved for cancer treatment. I thought she was bullshitting but I looked at the possible treatment options and this was the only logical explanation I could come up with. IF this is true (and I didn't miss any agents in my brief scan), then she has at least moderate-severe disease (erring on the side of severe with cyclophosphamide) since immunosuppressants/immunomodulators are often used in combo with corticosteroids - not always, since I have no idea what she's actually being treated with, just speculating here - but if this is true, it could possibly explain some of the weight gain. Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm not sure why she said chemo though. For a second, I thought she had cancer. Also I find it disingenuous that she just casually mentions she could have had a stroke - it seems to me, she's trying to gain pity from the public and is picking the most easily understood language. Instead of trying to gain pity, she could have explained some of the complications involved with lupus (there are many) if she really wanted to do any good and educate the public. IDK I just find her mentality so young even though she's apparently 23??

She doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. I would not put it past her (and a lot of celebs) to just buy the most expensive treatment money can buy and have no idea what's going on in there. Clearly she hasn't cared about what's gone into her body before (junk food, Justin Bieber), she probably doesn't understand what kind of treatment she's getting and can't explain it to the public.

Feeling slightly bad for how cruel this sounds in the face of someone who's actually apparently sick. Maybe.

Reactions: 5 users
She doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the box. I would not put it past her (and a lot of celebs) to just buy the most expensive treatment money can buy and have no idea what's going on in there. Clearly she hasn't cared about what's gone into her body before (junk food, Justin Bieber), she probably doesn't understand what kind of treatment she's getting and can't explain it to the public.

Feeling slightly bad for how cruel this sounds in the face of someone who's actually apparently sick. Maybe.

Undoubtedly, there are people like that but the idea that a person could take such a passive role in their own health and recovery is mind blowing to me. No matter how much money you have it's still your life or quality of life that is at stake. To just blindly lay that in anyone else's hands is such a dull thing to do, especially if you have the resources to become knowledgeable and grow in some way from the experience.

Reactions: 1 user
Undoubtedly, there are people like that but the idea that a person could take such a passive role in their own health and recovery is mind blowing to me. No matter how much money you have it's still your life or quality of life that is at stake. To just blindly lay that in anyone else's hands is such a dull thing to do, especially if you have the resources to become knowledgeable and grow in some way from the experience.

Going through treatment as a non-medical person is very daunting actually. Doctors either oversimplify or inadvertently end up patronizing their patients in an effort to explain themselves. I've never realized how glaring this disparity can be until I watched my own non medical relatives scramble to understand their own options with cancer treatment and end of life care. Googling webmd doesnt really educate or dispel questions about your treatment plan so much. Pretty useful to have family in medicine at that point.

Without broadcasting her lupus diagnosis, she would fade away forever.

As idealistic as I may sound it is comforting when someone in the public eye has a health issue others are facing. I know it supports/ed me to learn about those also facing my own problem (not lupus).

While she doesn't inspire me, she does others and if their idol/inspiration is battling the same thing they are it gives them hope.

But, yes, everything is PR when it comes to media figures so it would only have been released like this for a revenue generating motive v it coming out accidentally in other ways.

I feel like she's only going to get bigger at this point. She should care about her figure, she's not even tall so she can't even ''hide'' her fat that well

I don't get it. She was definitely losing the past couple months. These were a couple weeks ago....
selena-gomez-z-studios-md218991.jpg

selena-gomez-london-england-md216062.jpg

I don't know why I keep posting photos of her. Maybe it's my ongoing fascination with her apparent predilection for high-necked ensembles, despite her short neck and plump face.

Selena-Gomez-City-Hope-Spirit-Life-Gala-Fashion-Ulyana-Sergeenko-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-2.jpg

Selena-Gomez-City-Hope-Spirit-Life-Gala-Fashion-Ulyana-Sergeenko-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-3.jpg

Do any of you read Tom and Lorenzo? Even though I almost always disagree with their thoughts on fashion I used to quite like their blog for the snarky one-liners, but it's been getting increasingly dull and repetitive over the last few years and they are astoundingly hypersensitive and venomous towards any dissent in the comments section (not that I have ever commented). Now I mostly just look at their pictures and don't read the commentary, but I made the mistake of reading their thoughts on this ensemble of Selena's:

"Not to sound like prudes or anything, but this would look pretty chic if that neckline was closed up just a skosh. We say this not for modesty reasons but for reasons of proportion. It looks too much like an undone garment at first glance. Which is the point, of course. We’re gay, but we’re not blind. Even so, it’s got a cute, sexy, holiday feel to it."

:wtf: