Rooney Mara

I absolutely love this girl, she's just stunning. Plus her new style just suits her so well :luv:
I read somewhere that she decided by herself to starve and look skinny in the movie since in the book, it says that her character was anorexic. The director didn't ask her to loose weight, she did it by her own commitment, which I think is great!

I wish Jennifer Lawrence had had the same commitment for the Hunger Games movie. She's way too fat for Katniss.

I loved her as lisbeth salander....skinny waif but still toned enough to look like she could kick butt- she fit it well. However I do agree that its just a look for the movie and not the weight she will stay at. Her arms aren't very skinny...more toned but her abs did look good in the movie!

Attachments

• rooney mara.jpeg
    rooney mara.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 267
I cant believe how different she looks in that movie. I thought it was a different person! I really dont care for her hair but I loved her body in the movie. God that movie was way too graphic and sexual.

I haven't seen the girl with the dragon tattoo but she had a small role in youth in revolt where she had one scene in black bra & panties. I think she's lovely when she is more natural with long brown hair but that is just my personal style preference.

these are from the movie:

rooney-mara-youth-in-revolt-daada.jpg

009YIR_Rooney_Mara_003.jpg

Loved her style, etc. in the Girl With a Dragon Tattoo! Her body looked really great (and attainable because I'm the same height).

She's such a thinspo!
But I have to say that I liked her better with brown hair. She looked more natural.
Still, she's just as stunning with raven hair!
rooney-mara-oscars-2012.jpg

Truly beautiful with such a relatable body type for me. It is, however, disheartening to see her legs. Even after such severe dieting and training they are still stumpy (sigh) that is just some short limbed genes. With that said, her trimmed face certainly did wonders, and the darker coif and structured haircut emphasizes that bone structure! Love it.

She is my ideal body, basically, in those pictures with the long brown hair! :)

I absolutely adore Rooney Mara. Her performance in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was incredible! She has a simple kind of beauty, and I think she's a great thinspiration!

Attachments

• wenn9810888.jpg
    wenn9810888.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 179
  • rooney-mara-2012-met-ball-new.jpg
    rooney-mara-2012-met-ball-new.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 169
I love everything about Rooney Mara and Lisbeth Salander and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's my favorite movie! I also love her weird haircut in the movie, I want it so bad but those bangs would do NOTHING for my face :hmm:
aenuwx.jpg

she's so small yet still muscular and strong.
21et5kg.png

6hjgas.jpg

359ws47.jpg

I love those shoulders, feminine and little, but still has muscle.

Pics of Rooney within the last several months, filming a new movie with Ryan Gosling. Omg. Jealous.
t89gtj.jpg

I know its for the role, but I do not like that stick-like blunt short hair. It needs layers or thinning desperately. Also, obviously she is back to her natural weight now that she doesn't need to be Lisbeth Salander.
35kmpmw.jpg

sewuf7.jpg

This is too adorable. Also she looks SO SHORT. Her little short legs. She's my height but I'm sure my legs are longer.
29wohg3.jpg

smby1i.jpg

Pics of Rooney within the last several months, filming a new movie with Ryan Gosling. Omg. Jealous.
t89gtj.jpg

Well its a shame she didn't keep up her skinniness from the Dragon Tattoo movie...just goes to show, once again, that getting to a LW and staying there are two very different things.

Well its a shame she didn't keep up her skinniness from the Dragon Tattoo movie...just goes to show, once again, that getting to a LW and staying there are two very different things.

Unfortunately, the media would deem her Dragon Tattoo weight too skinny and then she wouldn't get the roles of the normal girl. From what I can see from the filming of this movie she is playing a very average girl. All I know is I can't wait for the dragon tattoo sequel! It'll be a couple years though.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/08/girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-sequel-wont-hit-theaters-before-2014

Unfortunately, the media would deem her Dragon Tattoo weight too skinny and then she wouldn't get the roles of the normal girl. From what I can see from the filming of this movie she is playing a very average girl. All I know is I can't wait for the dragon tattoo sequel! It'll be a couple years though.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/08/girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-sequel-wont-hit-theaters-before-2014

well thats messed up and all that but to be expected. By the way, I didn't even think she was all that skinny in Dragon Tattoo...especially for being on the shorter side (5'4 I think?), am I alone here? Everyone was oohing and aahing about how skinny she was and I'm like meh....not impressed:hmm:

well thats messed up and all that but to be expected. By the way, I didn't even think she was all that skinny in Dragon Tattoo...especially for being on the shorter side (5'4 I think?), am I alone here? Everyone was oohing and aahing about how skinny she was and I'm like meh....not impressed:hmm:

I also do not think she was too skinny either, thin and toned, yes, but not emaciated. She is about 5'3" and they SAY she was under 100 lbs, but I am not very good at judging weights. What do you think, @leila ?

The character she was playing was supposed to be like 4'9" and something around 95 lbs but I am not sure, I didn't actually read the book. Needless to say, there aren't very many 4'9" actresses out there, at least not ones that are attractive and/or talented.

Either way, I loved her Dragon Tattoo weight, it was very flattering on her. She still managed to look very strong while still looking petite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also do not think she was too skinny either, thin and toned, yes, but not emaciated. She is about 5'3" and they SAY she was under 100 lbs, but I am not very good at judging weights. What do you think, @leila ?

The character she was playing was supposed to be like 4'9" and something around 95 lbs but I am not sure, I didn't actually read the book. Needless to say, there aren't very many 4'9" actresses out there, at least not ones that are attractive and/or talented.

Either way, I loved her Dragon Tattoo weight, it was very flattering on her. She still managed to look very strong while still looking petite.

Yeah I mean she looked good, toned, sure, but not thinspo, is all I'm saying. One glance through tumblr and you'll find 50 girls thinner and more delicate. Also, 4'9" and 95 lbs is really not that thin, 5'6" and 95 isn't even really either (what I was in July....), but I'll believe that at her height she was under/around 100 lbs, that seems about right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I mean she looked good, toned, sure, but not thinspo, is all I'm saying. One glance through tumblr and you'll find 50 girls thinner and more delicate. Also, 4'9" and 95 lbs is really not that thin, 5'6" and 95 isn't even really either (what I was in July....), but I'll believe that at her height she was under/around 100 lbs, that seems about right.

Thanks! I just needed another pair of eyes to judge. I'm the same height as her, and I'd like to be just slightly thinner than she was in that movie. My GW is 95. So I think that will work out the way I hope lol :)

Thanks for the input!

Reactions: 1 user