Rooney Mara

The character she was playing was supposed to be like 4'9" and something around 95 lbs but I am not sure, I didn't actually read the book. Needless to say, there aren't very many 4'9" actresses out there, at least not ones that are attractive and/or talented.

First off: READ THE BOOKS!!! They are really good and way better than either versions of the film adaptations.

In the books Salander is listed as 4'11" and 88lbs, though there are other mentions about her size repeatedly through the series that are estimations, too.

Given my username, I had to clarify, haha.

First off: READ THE BOOKS!!! They are really good and way better than either versions of the film adaptations.

In the books Salander is listed as 4'11" and 88lbs, though there are other mentions about her size repeatedly through the series that are estimations, too.

Given my username, I had to clarify, haha.

Hahaha thanks, sorry I was incorrect! I'm hoping to get the books for Christmas and then read them over the break! :kiss: I'm looking forward to it!!!

Yeah I mean she looked good, toned, sure, but not thinspo, is all I'm saying. One glance through tumblr and you'll find 50 girls thinner and more delicate. Also, 4'9" and 95 lbs is really not that thin, 5'6" and 95 isn't even really either (what I was in July....), but I'll believe that at her height she was under/around 100 lbs, that seems about right.

4'9 and 95 lbs is quite average. But if you're 5'6 and 95 lbs, that's skinny, hehe.

Pics of Rooney from (I think) Nov. 20. Looking cute but those pants are not very flattering in my opinion.
2irrayw.jpg

732dty.jpg

6g8umx.jpg

December 14th

The hair and makeup make her look old but I love her anyway.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Well apparently all of the pictures I posted aren't working anymore. I will add a few now that you guys can actually see.
v60yhk.jpg

33pbnmr.jpg

2wrkrja.jpg

2yovlvn.jpg

10ptz53.jpg

15oum2g.jpg

2hnrfw6.jpg

2i0tdup.jpg

She looks SO much shorter with flat shoes!

She is only 5'3 and has short legs so it makes her look even shorter. i think it suits her though!

She has such beautiful skin!

I know. i am so jealous. i always wonder why celebs seem to be blessed with naturally clear and smooth skin. is it cause they can afford a dermatologist or because they can afford great makeup? she looks so clean and nice even with no makeup at all. seems to me like Rooney is just one of the lucky ones.

Rooney is on the cover of US Vogue Feb 2013! I am going to have to buy this issue immediately.

QngPi.jpg

i3cgig.jpg

u0k88.jpg

xbg5u9.jpg

33ytmdd.jpg

I am not a big fan of the middle part, but she still looks gorgeous anyway. @Moon I agree about the cover. It just looks laid out all wrong. The photo is pretty, but it doesn't really feel like a vogue cover, and the words seem awkwardly arranged

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not a big fan of the middle part, but she still looks gorgeous anyway. [USER=625]@Moon[/USER] I agree about the cover. It just looks laid out all wrong. The photo is pretty, but it doesn't really feel like a vogue cover, and the words seem awkwardly arranged[/QUOTE]

Yes, indeed! The colour scheme is also... well, the backdrop looks so awkward, just a big gray gap lol.

But it's also not the best picture of the set. I really love the 2nd one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
New pics of Rooney from around Jan 18-20. Promoting "Ain't Them Bodies Saints."

b6u0yg.jpg

mc7ztj.jpg

2i7bz88.jpg

2v1b0ja.jpg

dfj4pe.jpg

Seems like I am the only person interested in this thread so I can stop posting if you guys want me to!

Anyway, here's Rooney at the Side Effects premiere.
2vuyahc.jpg

s46h7d.jpg

1zyzty0.jpg

34i1vsj.jpg

sqjsz9.jpg

At House of Cards premiere.

r0owmw.jpg

2lny51u.jpg

2ue4txs.jpg

People magazine is saying Rooney is vegan now, but I think they could be wrong. She's never talked about it before and another interview mentioned her eating salmon. However her Vogue february 2013 article says she ate at a vegetarian korean place, so who knows?