Miley Cyrus

tumblr_mz3w83AxS51s58ua1o1_1280.jpg

Bdfw4iOIcAA_9qi.jpg

I really like the campaign. I was initially apprehensive upon learning that Miley was featured, but David Sims's photos are so much more visually appealing than Juergen Teller's. The shift in direction is a definite improvement - the atmosphere, the lighting, and the setting work perfectly. Obviously, Jacobs chose Miley for the publicity, and a model could have worked better, but she fits in nicely (and I'm just glad that there are no tongues or twerking involved).

She looks like Bieber in the first photo though.

Most of you girls seem to approve of the campaign! :wtf::lol:

Anything I own that is Marc Jacobs, I am throwing out. I find this collaboration so off-putting. It's ridiculous - what a way to cheapen your image/brand.

Apparently Juerger Teller didn't even want to shoot her.

Reactions: 1 user
Anything I own that is Marc Jacobs, I am throwing out. I find this collaboration so off-putting. It's ridiculous - what a way to cheapen your image/brand.

I hate it. I think she looks dumb and MJ made a bad call. I just have no respect or patience for this lunatic.

Completely agree with both of these - I think it's a tacky way to draw attention to the brand. I don't know a whole lot about the fashion industry but from my limited knowledge, there's no place for miley cyrus in it, especially in a campaign like this.

It doesn't make me want to buy the clothes. When Burberry had Emma Watson, it made me want all the clothes and I went out and bought a Burberry wool coat. This, no. It doesn't make Marc Jacobs seem expensive or exclusive or even stylish. It makes it dirty and cheapened and, because they used Miley, has an air of 'ruined' about it.

I like some of Mileys new music and think her new image will be iconic and remembered, which I respect. Like Madonna in the traffic cone bra. I don't approve, but I get it.

Miley does not fit into the fashion world though, no way.

It doesn't make Marc Jacobs seem expensive or exclusive or even stylish. It makes it dirty and cheapened and, because they used Miley, has an air of 'ruined' about it.

lmfao when has a marc jacobs campaign by teller EVER looked expensive, exclusive, or stylish?

It doesn't make me want to buy the clothes. When Burberry had Emma Watson, it made me want all the clothes and I went out and bought a Burberry wool coat. This, no. It doesn't make Marc Jacobs seem expensive or exclusive or even stylish. It makes it dirty and cheapened and, because they used Miley, has an air of 'ruined' about it.

I like some of Mileys new music and think her new image will be iconic and remembered, which I respect. Like Madonna in the traffic cone bra. I don't approve, but I get it.

Miley does not fit into the fashion world though, no way.

I'm surprised that Emma Watson has an appeal to make people buy clothes or anything else not related to Harry Potter and wands. I'd like to think its the heritage brand that made you buy the coat rather than miss piggy Watson.
As for Miley doing Marc Jacobs I'm not surprised its a cheap brand and it's aimed at teeny boppers. I read somewhere a photographer (I apologize for my lack of knowledge) refused to shoot Miley for the campaign.

nsmbl_miley-cyrus-marc-jacobs.jpg

Soo... she's the new face of marc jacobs

Although this is still one of the worst celebrity campaigns I've seen, Miley's face looks so much better than it usually does.

But those cankles...:superpuke: They look like mine did after I spent 2 months in a cast.

Her face and lips looked weird and bloated.

Although this is not the worst I've seen miley look, it's not the best either.

I just don't get why marc Jacobs would use her in a campaign. I get that a lot of designers feature celebrities nowadays, but don't they tend to choose classier celebrities with mass market appeal? I don't really like Emma Watson but I can understand the rationale behind choosing her - she's plain and safe and appeals to the mass market. Miley on the other hand is a bit of a joke!

Im waiting for a plus sized fashion label to sign Jennifer Lawrence in their next campaign haha

I just don't get why marc Jacobs would use her in a campaign. I get that a lot of designers feature celebrities nowadays, but don't they tend to choose classier celebrities with mass market appeal? I don't really like Emma Watson but I can understand the rationale behind choosing her - she's plain and safe and appeals to the mass market. Miley on the other hand is a bit of a joke!

Probably some of it has to do with her being controversial - more attention for his campaign. I kind of like her, just because she doesn't take things too seriously.

Her face and lips looked weird and bloated.

Although this is not the worst I've seen miley look, it's not the best either.

Im waiting for a plus sized fashion label to sign Jennifer Lawrence in their next campaign haha

Marc Jacobs has been doing the celebrity campaigns for a long time now. Using Wynona Ryder for his 2003 collection, shooting her with bags of clothing and looking absolutely mental, was not exactly classy. He has always been in the opposite side of the classy spectrum with his campaigns, so I don't see how Miley is any different, in that sense.