Lana Del Rey

sore

Super Star

art hoe

Super Star
This is what happens when people get too comfortable and stop fighting to be better. It’s truly a harrowing tale for those of us who are fighting for success in any industry/field.

When we rest on our laurels and become (sometimes literally) bloated by our success, surrounding ourselves with yes-men and ego strokers, we create an inaccurate microcosm. And cease growing and developing our crafts.

honestly, it’s no surprise to me she got so much flack this year, nor is it a surprise to me that she believed she was somehow on par with Ariana Grande or FKA Twigs artistically or in terms of relevance. When you exist in echo chamber, nobody checks you.

And if you surround yourself with flatterers, you end up...well, like this I guess. Bloated. Musically stunted. A shadow of your former (marketed) self, but with no new direction. Just a worse, dated,version of you.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
  • Eye Roll
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
This is what happens when people get too comfortable and stop fighting to be better. It’s truly a harrowing tale for those of us who are fighting for success in any industry/field.

When we rest on our laurels and become (sometimes literally) bloated by our success, surrounding ourselves with yes-men and ego strokers, we create an inaccurate microcosm. And cease growing and developing our crafts.

honestly, it’s no surprise to me she got so much flack this year, nor is it a surprise to me that she believed she was somehow on par with Ariana Grande or FKA Twigs artistically or in terms of relevance. When you exist in echo chamber, nobody checks you.

And if you surround yourself with flatterers, you end up...well, like this I guess. Bloated. Musically stunted. A shadow of your former (marketed) self, but with no new direction. Just a worse, dated,version of you.
You really put that wonderfully. What a superb way of viewing this atrocity. This definitely is a big (literally, lol) issue in the entertainment industry.

• Dislike
  • Eye Roll
Reactions: 1 users

skinnieminnie

Super Star
Not to derail but I’ve noticed in a few threads you’ve replied several times - the multi-quote tool helps you not muddle threads with a ton of replies

edit: just realized you’ve been a member for 2 years so feel as though you should probably know this...

That's LANA?! Holy shit. I'm disgusted. We should all be concerned about her mental health at this stage...... :wtf:
You really put that wonderfully. What a superb way of viewing this atrocity. This definitely is a big (literally, lol) issue in the entertainment industry.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Not to derail but I’ve noticed in a few threads you’ve replied several times - the multi-quote tool helps you not muddle threads with a ton of replies

edit: just realized you’ve been a member for 2 years so feel as though you should probably know this...
Sorry, I've been a member since 2018 but became active just this summer. Thank you for informing me. So I should use the quote button if I'm replying multiple times?

Tinyportia

SkinnyGossip Royal
My general rule of thumb, particularly targeted towards runts - rookies, don’t reply at all if you aren’t adding anything of substance.
Particularly if what a runt/rookie has to say can instead be conveyed much more succinctly by one of the “reactions” (eg. Agree, Gross, WTF, Sad etc). I know Runts can’t react to posts, but that doesn’t mean words should be used as a substitute.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users