Lana Del Rey

vanitas

Grand Dame
It’s called „Lana del Rey” so I dont’t get the joke?
The joke is that if a thread is titled 'Lana del Ray' I would not expect it to be a thread focused around a body type we consider to be desirable or aesthetically pleasing but rather be a thread full of photos that the average SG user would find upsetting. This is because Lana del Ray is not really well known for having a skinny or especially toned body in the mainstream press.

The punchline was that the photos were bad, even for someone who has photographed badly in the past, which is why I reacted so strongly.

I will agree that it wasn't a great joke.

FlatWhite

Super Star
The joke is that if a thread is titled 'Lana del Ray' I would not expect it to be a thread focused around a body type we consider to be desirable or aesthetically pleasing but rather be a thread full of photos that the average SG user would find upsetting. This is because Lana del Ray is not really well known for having a skinny or especially toned body in the mainstream press.

The punchline was that the photos were bad, even for someone who has photographed badly in the past, which is why I reacted so strongly.

I will agree that it wasn't a great joke.
Fair enough. I thought we were playing with Lana Del Ray/Rey here.

Reactions: 1 user

lilyann3

Worker Bee
hate having to be that person that would really like to speculate she may be pregnant to explain the weight gain, but if not.... reverse thinspo indeed
I have no idea, you could be right, but it doesn’t really look like a pregnancy belly to me unfortunately. 😬 Time will tell.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

nycskinny

Worker Bee
  • Funny
Reactions: 2 users

bougainvilleas

Super Star
God she was beautiful even though she was never thin. What happened?? Is it badly distributed weight gain or overdone filler?
I think her face looks wonky as fuck because of all the work she's had done on it in the past - most prominently the rhinoplasty into a dainty tumblr ballerina nose. The rest of her facial structure has swelled with the weight gain, giving her structured nose the unfortunate semblance of an actual pig snout.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users