Lana Del Rey

This is what happens when people get too comfortable and stop fighting to be better. It’s truly a harrowing tale for those of us who are fighting for success in any industry/field.

When we rest on our laurels and become (sometimes literally) bloated by our success, surrounding ourselves with yes-men and ego strokers, we create an inaccurate microcosm. And cease growing and developing our crafts.

honestly, it’s no surprise to me she got so much flack this year, nor is it a surprise to me that she believed she was somehow on par with Ariana Grande or FKA Twigs artistically or in terms of relevance. When you exist in echo chamber, nobody checks you.

And if you surround yourself with flatterers, you end up...well, like this I guess. Bloated. Musically stunted. A shadow of your former (marketed) self, but with no new direction. Just a worse, dated,version of you.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Thought this was kinda funny

zojtujrtt6e51.png

• Funny
Reactions: 13 users
  • Eye Roll
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
This is what happens when people get too comfortable and stop fighting to be better. It’s truly a harrowing tale for those of us who are fighting for success in any industry/field.

When we rest on our laurels and become (sometimes literally) bloated by our success, surrounding ourselves with yes-men and ego strokers, we create an inaccurate microcosm. And cease growing and developing our crafts.

honestly, it’s no surprise to me she got so much flack this year, nor is it a surprise to me that she believed she was somehow on par with Ariana Grande or FKA Twigs artistically or in terms of relevance. When you exist in echo chamber, nobody checks you.

And if you surround yourself with flatterers, you end up...well, like this I guess. Bloated. Musically stunted. A shadow of your former (marketed) self, but with no new direction. Just a worse, dated,version of you.

You really put that wonderfully. What a superb way of viewing this atrocity. This definitely is a big (literally, lol) issue in the entertainment industry.

• Dislike
  • Eye Roll
Reactions: 1 users
Not to derail but I’ve noticed in a few threads you’ve replied several times - the multi-quote tool helps you not muddle threads with a ton of replies

edit: just realized you’ve been a member for 2 years so feel as though you should probably know this...

That's LANA?! Holy shit. I'm disgusted. We should all be concerned about her mental health at this stage...... :wtf:
You really put that wonderfully. What a superb way of viewing this atrocity. This definitely is a big (literally, lol) issue in the entertainment industry.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Not to derail but I’ve noticed in a few threads you’ve replied several times - the multi-quote tool helps you not muddle threads with a ton of replies

edit: just realized you’ve been a member for 2 years so feel as though you should probably know this...

Sorry, I've been a member since 2018 but became active just this summer. Thank you for informing me. So I should use the quote button if I'm replying multiple times?

Sorry, I've been a member since 2018 but became active just this summer. Thank you for informing me. So I should use the quote button if I'm replying multiple times?
My general rule of thumb, particularly targeted towards runts - rookies, don’t reply at all if you aren’t adding anything of substance.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
My general rule of thumb, particularly targeted towards runts - rookies, don’t reply at all if you aren’t adding anything of substance.

Particularly if what a runt/rookie has to say can instead be conveyed much more succinctly by one of the “reactions” (eg. Agree, Gross, WTF, Sad etc). I know Runts can’t react to posts, but that doesn’t mean words should be used as a substitute.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

1609109787635.png

1609110181911.png

She was never skinny or fit or going to be, but this is one of the biggest (literally :disgusted:) mainstream celebrity before and afters I've witnessed. Her transformation reminds me of Ariel Winter and Sasha Pieterse, but their weight gain at least coincided with puberty and illnesses/mental health issues as teens in the acting industry - what's Lana's excuse? She just completely let go of her body as she aged, clearly has terrible diet and exercise habits (like I don't think this woman has ever exercised an hour in her life judging by utter lack of tone), and lost the good styling that saved her at the beginning of the career. I can't even look back on my basic Tumblr phase of loving her fondly anymore with the way she's looked and acted in the past year.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
View attachment 97633
View attachment 97635

She was never skinny or fit or going to be, but this is one of the biggest (literally :disgusted:) mainstream celebrity before and afters I've witnessed. Her transformation reminds me of Ariel Winter and Sasha Pieterse, but their weight gain at least coincided with puberty and illnesses/mental health issues as teens in the acting industry - what's Lana's excuse? She just completely let go of her body as she aged, clearly has terrible diet and exercise habits (like I don't think this woman has ever exercised an hour in her life judging by utter lack of tone), and lost the good styling that saved her at the beginning of the career. I can't even look back on my basic Tumblr phase of loving her fondly anymore with the way she's looked and acted in the past year.

Actually it seems like she ...tried... to do something sporty just before she broke her arm. Boulevard press says it's from ice skating 🤔 Maybe she realised that she's on a backwards journey to Adele, aka Adele before success? Poor thing, now she can't excercise for a while. I mean, where there's a will there's a way but...🤓

View attachment 97633
View attachment 97635

I am pretty sure she’s not the healthiest person mentally wise too. She must drink a lot too which is the most terrible thing for your weight/body

• Agree
She must drink a lot too which is the most terrible thing for your weight/body
Correct me if I'm now wrong and things have changed since, but I thought she'd been completely sober for a long time now?
Early on in her career she was open about struggling with alcoholism as a teenager.
Either way, she's still unhealthy.

Reactions: 1 user
Her comment gave me a stroke. She's just doing the most by being famous you guise!!! And she's soyy inclusive because she dated a rapper!

Screenshot_20210112_153435.jpg
Screenshot_20210112_153452.jpg

• WTF
  • Funny