Kendall Jenner

Yes, I times I had an extremely hard time distinguishing reality from dreams/hallucinations, but sleep paralysis is a common occurance, and there are ways to deal with It, and coming from a girl who has had every thing thrown to her (limos, suites in 6 star hotels, people who manage any inconvenience she may encounter for her.. Etc) sleep paralysis is a pathetic excuse to people who who actually work

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I times I had an extremely hard time distinguishing reality from dreams/hallucinations, but sleep paralysis is a common occurance, and there are ways to deal with It, and coming from a girl who has had every thing thrown to her (limos, suites in 6 star hotels, people who manage any inconvenience she may encounter for her.. Etc) sleep paralysis is a pathetic excuse to people who who actually work
Yeah. Nobody is questioning how horrible anxiety (I've dealt with it pretty much all of my early teen years) or sleep paralysis can be, but for someone with so many money she definitely has the resources to get the best help she can get or find a solution. Normal people (and models) have to wake up every single day and go to work even if they're suffering from depression, anxiety or other mental diseases. I understand that she's not in need of money or work, but she could at least try and make some efforts coming from such a privileged situation.

Having reflected on this further, I wanted to offer up a pretty "out there" perspective:

we are simply just expecting too much from Kendall and judging her for things that are (somewhat) not necessarily her fault.

Kendall and Kylie (more so than the other Kardashians) are simply a product of their environment. For as long as they can remember, they have been famous, filthy rich and have always had everything they ever wanted without so much as having to lift a finger. They've never felt the bitter disappointment of rejection, never missed out on an opportunity and never had to worry about money. They've never been told "no". Generally speaking, life's hardships, disappointments and negative experience are character building - people are usually stronger having experienced adversity (whatever that may be). For me at least, missing out on a job or promotion just makes me want to work even harder so that I can do better next time. I studied law at university and jobs for graduates are insanely competitive - I studied SO hard and spent a lot of my free time undertaking extracurricular activities in order to increase my chances of landing a graduate lawyer job. One of my friends hardly did any work because she didn't need to - daddy was a partner at a huge law firm and she was therefore guaranteed a graduate job. I was insanely jealous but didn't judge her for it - if I'd been in her situation I would certainly not have worked as hard as I did!

Think of it from a different perspective: the cycle of violence and crime exists for a reason - it's proven that children who were maltreated are more likely to grow up to commit crimes and become abusers themselves than children who were not. We don't "blame" the children per se, as to a certain extent, they had no choice - they were simply a product of their environment. I know this is a very extreme example, but the point I am trying to make is: Kendall has never had to work for anything in her life, so while I think she's a lazy ungrateful brat, it seems kind of counter-intuitive to judge her for it. Determination, ambition, strength, a good work ethic...these are attributes that people develop gradually over a period of time and as a result of having missed out on other opportunities, experiencing set backs or needing to support a family. Kendall will never develop these qualities because she will never need to - she'll never be poor and will never need to worry about supporting her family. She will never be told "no" and will continue to get everything she she ever wants (though I hope I am wrong here!).

Anyway, that's all I really have to say - interested to hear other's opinions.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 6 users
Normal people (and models) have to wake up every single day and go to work even if they're suffering from depression, anxiety or other mental diseases.
To be fair - mental illness doesn't always care about your social class. I have two friends - one with extreme anxiety and the other with on-off crippling depression - who have both had a horrific time allowing themselves help because they're relatively privileged white females who have nothing ostensibly wrong with their lives. They kept just saying, "I have everything right with my life, what do I have to be depressed/anxious about? If I go to therapy I'm taking that time away from someone who needs it."

Having reflected on this further, I wanted to offer up a pretty "out there" perspective:

we are simply just expecting too much from Kendall and judging her for things that are (somewhat) not necessarily her fault.

Kendall and Kylie (more so than the other Kardashians) are simply a product of their environment. For as long as they can remember, they have been famous, filthy rich and have always had everything they ever wanted without so much as having to lift a finger. They've never felt the bitter disappointment of rejection, never missed out on an opportunity and never had to worry about money. They've never been told "no". Generally speaking, life's hardships, disappointments and negative experience are character building - people are usually stronger having experienced adversity (whatever that may be). For me at least, missing out on a job or promotion just makes me want to work even harder so that I can do better next time. I studied law at university and jobs for graduates are insanely competitive - I studied SO hard and spent a lot of my free time undertaking extracurricular activities in order to increase my chances of landing a graduate lawyer job. One of my friends hardly did any work because she didn't need to - daddy was a partner at a huge law firm and she was therefore guaranteed a graduate job. I was insanely jealous but didn't judge her for it - if I'd been in her situation I would certainly not have worked as hard as I did!

Think of it from a different perspective: the cycle of violence and crime exists for a reason - it's proven that children who were maltreated are more likely to grow up to commit crimes and become abusers themselves than children who were not. We don't "blame" the children per se, as to a certain extent, they had no choice - they were simply a product of their environment. I know this is a very extreme example, but the point I am trying to make is: Kendall has never had to work for anything in her life, so while I think she's a lazy ungrateful brat, it seems kind of counter-intuitive to judge her for it. Determination, ambition, strength, a good work ethic...these are attributes that people develop gradually over a period of time and as a result of having missed out on other opportunities, experiencing set backs or needing to support a family. Kendall will never develop these qualities because she will never need to - she'll never be poor and will never need to worry about supporting her family. She will never be told "no" and will continue to get everything she she ever wants (though I hope I am wrong here!).

I could not disagree with this more. People aren't doomed to be a product of their environment - that's really only what we say in retrospect about people who have gone that route.

There are millions of people every day who go through shitty circumstances and come out the other side totally functional - and you'd never know it because they aren't drowning their kids in the bathtub or shooting up movie theaters or whatever. See, for example, this thread.

And there are millions of people who grow up incredibly privileged, and somehow, magically, manage to develop consciences and strong work ethics and use their wealth to support causes they believe in.

The environment you grew up in helps explain who you are as an adult. So do genes. They are less accurate in predicting the future than a weather forecast for ten days away.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Are you saying we should feel bad for them? There are bad and ill things in EVERYONE'S lives. We choose how to deal with it--social scripts do not decide this for us unless we let them. Anyone who lets a social script decide their future is dull by the highest means (how fitting for who we're talking about).

Are you saying we should feel bad for them? There are bad and ill things in EVERYONE'S lives. We choose how to deal with it--social scripts do not decide this for us unless we let them. Anyone who lets a social script decide their future is dull by the highest means (how fitting for who we're talking about).

No not at all! I definitely don't think we should feel bad for them at all and I'm certainly not advocating for Kendall! To me, she's the epitome of everything that's wrong with society! I just wanted to play devils advocate and offer a new perspective on the situation for the sake of generating some interesting discussion. There are plenty of examples of people who "break the mould" and aren't defined by their environments / experiences - but at the same stage, there are many who are not. If it was easy to not let yourself be defined by your environment then everyone would do it.

i
To be fair - mental illness doesn't always care about your social class. I have two friends - one with extreme anxiety and the other with on-off crippling depression - who have both had a horrific time allowing themselves help because they're relatively privileged white females who have nothing ostensibly wrong with their lives. They kept just saying, "I have everything right with my life, what do I have to be depressed/anxious about? If I go to therapy I'm taking that time away from someone who needs it."

I could not disagree with this more. People aren't doomed to be a product of their environment - that's really only what we say in retrospect about people who have gone that route.

There are millions of people every day who go through shitty circumstances and come out the other side totally functional - and you'd never know it because they aren't drowning their kids in the bathtub or shooting up movie theaters or whatever. See, for example, this thread.

And there are millions of people who grow up incredibly privileged, and somehow, magically, manage to develop consciences and strong work ethics and use their wealth to support causes they believe in.

The environment you grew up in helps explain who you are as an adult. So do genes. They are less accurate in predicting the future than a weather forecast for ten days away.
i'm so torn on all of this i find attributes/convincing arguments on both sides

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

I am not saying that environment is the be all and end all. But it can have a significant influence on an individual. I think we both agree there.

But in my opinion, the differences with Kendall and people who manage to change their circumstances are:
  • those who grow up in shitty circumstances: the ones who are able to change their circumstances are motivated to do so because they want a better life/don't want to let the negative experience define them. All it takes is the belief that they have the power to change their circumstances and the motivation to do so. Kendall on the otherhand - well what is there to change about her circumstances? She has everything she wants. There's nothing to change, so she has nothing to motivate her to work harder or do better.
  • those who grow up privileged: I think the ones who manage to develop consciences and strong work ethics tend to be the ones who have good role models in their lives who teach them that there's more to life than beauty and money. Take Madonna's daughter Lourdes, for example. From what I've seen of Lourdes, she seems like a pretty down to earth and sensible individual. Madonna has publicly said that she made sure she taught Lourdes to value things like education, personality and to not take her wealth and privilege for granted. Do you think Kris Jenner has been teaching Kendall these same things? Hell no!
The difference between Kendall/Kylie and their other sisters too is: the others remember what it was like not to be famous and filthy rich. Surely there was a period of time where they actually had to work hard! Kendall and Kylie have never experienced this. If anything, I judge Kim more than Kendall- unlike Kim, Kendall has never known any other life than the one she leads now.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I do have to agree that she should get help instead of planning her life around her condition, because that's like acknowledging powerlessness in front of anxiety instead of working on it. I also understand how hard it is to get help, we don't know if she's seeing someone but anyway,she should.

I have severe anxiety as well and avoiding triggers is not therapeutic or beneficial in the long run, she needs help in order to face those situations and go through them successfully.

Also, I kinda feel like being a total bitch and call her a spoiled brat, but I guess is my resentment, having to deal with anxiety and being broke is awful. Something like "money doesn't buy happiness , but is a lot more comfortable to cry in a Ferrari" .

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
IMG_9325.JPG
IMG_9323.JPG
IMG_9324.JPG

Bella's waist is so much better than Kendalls now, ew. Kendall looks like a brick.:slinkout:

I think she looks pretty, I just can't stand that dumb face she makes in every picture:confused:
She is pretty, she just can't model at all. I find her prettier on her instagram/some candids than when she's shoot by the world major photographers and I've said it all. I have this dark desire to see her doing a shoot with Steven Meisel at this point, just to see if he's capable of making this lost cause show some emotion behind those dead eyes/blank stare.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user