Kendall Jenner

"Hardworking" she says.
IMG_20160616_213718.jpg
IMG_20160616_214012.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

This was a response to Stephanie Seymour's statement in Vanity Fair,
". . . former model Rebecca Romijn, 43, told Entertainment Tonight last April that Jenner and Hadid “are not true supermodels,” and that she found it frustrating that social-media stars are now considered supermodels and setting style standards. Vanity Fair asked one of the original six, Stephanie Seymour, if she agreed, at Thursday night’s amfAR Inspiration Gala in New York.

“They are completely different than we were,” she said. “Supermodels are sort of the thing of the past. They deserve their own title. [Kendall and Gigi] are beautiful girls, and I support all of them, but they need their own title.”

And what should their title be? “Bitches of the moment!” Seymour said with a laugh. “That would be a good title for them.

Sounds like Kendal has a case of 'illusory superiority,' you know, when stupid people perceive themselves as really cool, smart, and awesome (when they are, in fact, not. Conversely, folks with above-average intelligence tend to doubt and challenge themselves). She's so dumb, she thinks she's a Stephanie/Naomi/Elle/Cindy/Kate. Honey, you're a Cara.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Honey, you're a Cara.

I wouldn't even give her that - she's just the only spawn of Kris Jenner that she could push as a model without everyone laughing hysterically for ten consecutive days.

She'd have tried to get Kim modelling if she wasn't so close in shape to one of those ancient fertility statues

8174f4623ae9e422811b3342eca15334.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
I think Stephanie was trying to be PC/generous by saying Kendall and Gigi are "...beautiful girls," and "I support all of them..." because she wanted to avoid sounding catty; I think she probably wanted to say (and thinks) they are not at all beautiful (aka the truth) and also avoid sounding bitter.

Sounds like Kendal has a case of 'illusory superiority,' you know, when stupid people perceive themselves as really cool, smart, and awesome (when they are, in fact, not. Conversely, folks with above-average intelligence tend to doubt and challenge themselves). She's so dumb, she thinks she's a Stephanie/Naomi/Elle/Cindy/Kate. Honey, you're a Cara.

I TOTALLY concur. The situation is a case of The Emperor's New Clothes... People (via instructions of the media) tell them they are so beautiful and chic, and worst of all, talented. People continue propagating this sentiment because it's trendy, so much so that Kendall and Gigi totally believe it and just go about their lives not knowing that many people can see them for what they really are. I know I'm exaggerating since plenty of people actually do find them beautiful, and because I don't know their truths; K & G may actually believe they are beautiful girls as well. But I do think there's a big chunk of people lying to themselves about this, so much so that they believe their own lies.

This was a response to Stephanie Seymour's statement in Vanity Fair,
". . . former model Rebecca Romijn, 43, told Entertainment Tonight last April that Jenner and Hadid “are not true supermodels,” and that she found it frustrating that social-media stars are now considered supermodels and setting style standards. Vanity Fair asked one of the original six, Stephanie Seymour, if she agreed, at Thursday night’s amfAR Inspiration Gala in New York.

“They are completely different than we were,” she said. “Supermodels are sort of the thing of the past. They deserve their own title. [Kendall and Gigi] are beautiful girls, and I support all of them, but they need their own title.”

And what should their title be? “Bitches of the moment!” Seymour said with a laugh. “That would be a good title for them.

Naomi Campbell has also commented, albeit a bit more subtly:

Coincidentally, Naomi Campbell had a similar conversation with Time this week. She managed to say a bit less than Stephanie, the 46-year-old preferring to talk only about her own experience, saying she learnt to model the “real” way and that she seeks the validation of the industry – not social media followers.

“I’m happy with the way I did my career, I wouldn’t change it in a million years,” she insisted. "I got to do the real grafting and learning from real models when I was younger — how to open up a jacket, walk, and such.

“I think it’s always good to learn a craft from scratch the real way, so that you’ve learned it from the basis, the raw bones, and then you have that to fall back on. I personally wouldn’t want it any other way.

“The respect from the people in the industry that matter is important to me and I do think I have that,” she continued. “No one can take that away from me.”

Reactions: 6 users