Kay Smetsers (Girlnah on Tumblr)

I saw in her tumblr she actually said she doesn't have friends or ever had a boyfriend.
That is strange. Not so much the boyfriend part, but the friends.... Even if there are only one or two friends, they can make such a difference! I always assumed that she just chose not post pictures of friends rather than not have any. No wonder she's so sad all the time.

That is strange. Not so much the boyfriend part, but the friends.... Even if there are only one or two friends, they can make such a difference! I always assumed that she just chose not post pictures of friends rather than not have any. No wonder she's so sad all the time.

During the darkest part of my depression (around one year ago) I didn't have any friends. Not one. Not at all. Right now I feel comfortable enough to start building back friendships. But it is quite possible that due to her mental condition, she doesn't have any friends.

Reactions: 3 users
She seems to have taken off her shoes and only put the tips of her feet in to discretely give the illusion of longer legs... If you cut her off at the ankles she looks significantly shorter and just plain thin.
There's no way she didn't do that on purpose.
But WHY. It just makes people think you either use one of those "skinny" stretchy apps (I'm aware there are apps like these, never used one before), stupid fish lens, or photoshop. All of which are pathetic and embarrassing.

Reactions: 1 users
I saw in her tumblr she actually said she doesn't have friends or ever had a boyfriend.
She must surely have at least one friend? The pic above with the bizarre legs... that shadow... someone took that picture for her.

During the darkest part of my depression (around one year ago) I didn't have any friends. Not one. Not at all. Right now I feel comfortable enough to start building back friendships. But it is quite possible that due to her mental condition, she doesn't have any friends.
I suppose that makes sense. I've never had depression or have really known anyone who has gone through it. I hope she can get some help. I can't imagine life without having at least one or two friends!

Reactions: 1 user
I suppose that makes sense. I've never had depression or have really known anyone who has gone through it. I hope she can get some help. I can't imagine life without having at least one or two friends!
This makes me sad, but as I mentioned earlier it's like she doesn't want to get better. I couldn't ever begin to understand depression, but from her Tumblr she comes across as though she's comfotable being in that state. I just hope if she is actually depressed then she should seek help or hope someone close to her would help her. If she continues to whine about modeling though, that won't help her mental state either.

She must surely have at least one friend? The pic above with the bizarre legs... that shadow... someone took that picture for her.
I think she makes her mom take pictures of her...

This makes me sad, but as I mentioned earlier it's like she doesn't want to get better. I couldn't ever begin to understand depression, but from her Tumblr she comes across as though she's comfotable being in that state. I just hope if she is actually depressed then she should seek help or hope someone close to her would help her. If she continues to whine about modeling though, that won't help her mental state either.
I agree. It would be awful if she just thought depression was "quirky" (like some people) and faked it. I doubt she fakes it though. I hope she does get some help. You need thick skin to be in the fashion industry or any industry that's similar, and from the looks of it, she doesn't have it.

but from her Tumblr she comes across as though she's comfotable being in that state. I just hope if she is actually depressed then she should seek help or hope someone close to her would help her. If she continues to whine about modeling though, that won't help her mental state either.

as from someone who also suffers from depression, i can tell you there is a point where you end up being comfortable on that state, and you don't want to break it because you feel safe, so i the end it begins to be more difficult to break the cycle and leave your comfort state because you are putting yourself in risk.
For example I been suffering from depression since a couple of years and I didn't know that was depression, three years ago I started isolating myself and now I'm on comfortable place where I don't speak to people and don't want to go out of my house.

Reactions: 7 users
as from someone who also suffers from depression, i can tell you there is a point where you end up being comfortable on that state, and you don't want to break it because you feel safe, so i the end it begins to be more difficult to break the cycle and leave your comfort state because you are putting yourself in risk.
For example I been suffering from depression since a couple of years and I didn't know that was depression, three years ago I started isolating myself and now I'm on comfortable place where I don't speak to people and don't want to go out of my house.

yes, that's what I meant in my earlier comment (I think few pages back), but I was just assuming/guessing. It's easy for me to say this and that about Girlnah when I have absolutely no clue on what emotions she's going through. From someone like me who likes to sort of just get things done and not dwell on things it's easy for me to say stop whining, or look at modeling as a great opportunity to get your life back, etc. I am sympathetic, but at the same time I don't understand it which is why I find her blog just sad and frustrating. Anyhoo, I stopped following her I think maybe a month - 2 months back.

I'm really sorry for what you are going through. I really really hope you reach out to someone, confide with someone close to you/someone you trust. I hope things improve for you. I'm really sorry for what you are going through. I really hope you get to a place where you no longer isolate yourself, talk to other people and go out of the house. Kisses.

Last edited:
yes, that's what I meant in my earlier comment (I think few pages back), but I was just assuming/guessing. It's easy for me to say this and that about Girlnah when I have absolutely no clue on what emotions she's going through. From someone like me who likes to sort of just get things done and not dwell on things it's easy for me to say stop whining, or look at modeling as a great opportunity to get your life back, etc. I am sympathetic, but at the same time I don't understand it which is why I find her blog just sad and frustrating. Anyhoo, I stopped following her I think maybe a month - 2 months back.

I'm really sorry for what you are going through. I really really hope you reach out to someone, confide with someone close to you/someone you trust. I hope things improve for you. I'm really sorry for what you are going through. I really hope you get to a place where you no longer isolate yourself, talk to other people and go out of the house. Kisses.

well in my case I was used to go out every day out and was very sociable but suddenly one day i started staying at home until i spent a month without going out. I do want to get better and I'm always looking for things in life to make them happen, like search for jobs, as an example, but on depressed people there is something inside you all the time that tells you you are not worth it and don´t deserve anything, so no matter how much you are trying, you own mind is sabotaging you. I don't know her case but maybe her emotions and the constant fight with her own mind might not let her do what she wants, idk I'm just guessing due to my experience.
In my case i also stopped following her months ago after i realized she is glamorizing having mental illnesses and that makes me reject her.
And thank you for your kind words :) , Im seeing a doctor and already found the right medication, Im making little steps like going to walk around the neighborhood or go to the cinema until I'm comfortable and able to go out with my friends again, thank you very much !

Reactions: 1 users
I think I have seen worse looking models. But that forehead, damn it scares me.
I doubt she photoshops her pictures,
skinny legs can look very, very skinny / very long depending on the way you hold your camera / phone on them.

She seems to have taken off her shoes and only put the tips of her feet in to discretely give the illusion of longer legs... If you cut her off at the ankles she looks significantly shorter and just plain thin.
There's no way she didn't do that on purpose.
You are so smart! I honestly couldn't figure out why her feet looked so terribly long - now that you say it, I want to slap myself on the forehead LOL, I can't believe I missed that (or maybe I can . . .). ;)

P.S. I love your username, it's so unique and pretty! :)

she's quite a character. won't make it as a model though, imo. I think she's 20 already and doesn't have any real experience under her belt.

In spite of her unfortunate mental state, I've never been quite so mesmerized by someone's aesthetic-- it's just so strange, and unique, and striking. I sincerely hope she overcomes whatever issues she may have and gives modeling her all. I'm really rooting for her.

If I'm not mistaken it's usually her mom, just based on what she wrote a few times (that she only hangs out with her mom and is in touch with her family)

tumblr_nr4jezoR1Z1rhpssho1_400.jpg
tumblr_nr4jezoR1Z1rhpssho2_400.jpg

btw, she posted new photos from her shooting which look a little better than the previous, i guess