Giuliana Rancic

Bumping this, because in a recent interview Giuliana Rancic basically said "her super skinny figure is a result of her fast metabolism, eating pasta and sandwiches" :rolleyes: I know she struggled with cancer in the past and that's not something to take lightly but we all know looking at her before pictures, it's not ALL metabolism honey.

http://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/then-and-now/giuliana-rancic.html

Bumping this, because in a recent interview Giuliana Rancic basically said "her super skinny figure is a result of her fast metabolism, eating pasta and sandwiches" :rolleyes: I know she struggled with cancer in the past and that's not something to take lightly but we all know looking at her before pictures, it's not ALL metabolism honey.

Unless you are taking something to fasten your metabolism...

She looks so good..

From her instagram:

4N5PAKj.png

N3i8eD0.png

We only have to read the first page to see this isn't true. I just don't get why people have to contradict themselves. Is it diet or is it natural honey? Make your mind up!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Her body looks great, but something about her reminds me of an insect, like a praying mantis or something :hmm:

I think it's the way that her eyes look way to big for her head and the way her chin seems small and pointed. That's just my opinion, anyway. Her body does look amazing, though. Arms :luv:

I really like her body, I would love to look like that when I'm her age
(which I just googled and she's 39.. she kinda looks like an old 39 though)

I really like her body, I would love to look like that when I'm her age
(which I just googled and she's 39.. she kinda looks like an old 39 though)

She has quite an old face. I think it's a combination of being a bit too tanned (see also: Pippa Middleton) and also that she's lost considerable weight during adulthood. My godmother is the same - she lost a lot of weight in her early 40's and the way it came off her left her looking a bit angular and wrinkly. (Still rocking a bikini at 59, and it wasn't anything a few subtle fillers didn't fix! :lol:).

Lesson learnt - stay skinny! :p

We only have to read the first page to see this isn't true. I just don't get why people have to contradict themselves. Is it diet or is it natural honey? Make your mind up!

You know she can't tell the truth. Of course it's diet (probably convinced herself it's a bit natural too - that she just naturally likes to eat small portions, eat healthy, etc). If she actually said "yeah you know I eat under 1300 calories a day, that's just the breaks if you want to be thin" she'd never hear the end of it.

Reactions: 1 user
You know she can't tell the truth. Of course it's diet (probably convinced herself it's a bit natural too - that she just naturally likes to eat small portions, eat healthy, etc). If she actually said "yeah you know I eat under 1300 calories a day, that's just the breaks if you want to be thin" she'd never hear the end of it.

So true. :nod:

You know when fat people/fat acceptance people say that fatness/thinness is genetic? I'm convinced this is part of it. That people look at all these models and actresses who claim to eat normally and enjoy burgers and whatever who are a size 0 and think that they're telling the truth. They then become, for lack of a better word fatalistic about their weight because they think that they could do everything a skinny person does and not lose weight, so they're just stuck being larger, so they should eat whatever the hell they want. It's a vicious circle!

We can dream. Wow, a world where greed isn't praised and skinny doesn't have to be justified.

She did once.. Have you ever read that long, detailed list of her diet regime? She got a tonnnnn of shit for that. So, she definitely does eat super clean & restrictive but can't admit publicly to it now since she got her ass reamed by the public :rolleyes: It might be in this thread somewhere :hmm: It was also an article on skinnyvscurvy a couple years ago. Very very detailed and interesting from our perspective

@shauna
She did once.. Have you ever read that long, detailed list of her diet regime? She got a tonnnnn of shit for that. So, she definitely does eat super clean & restrictive but can't admit publicly to it now since she got her ass reamed by the public :rolleyes: It might be in this thread somewhere :hmm: It was also an article on skinnyvscurvy a couple years ago. Very very detailed and interesting from our perspective

:nod:
it was posted on the first page of this thread but the link is dead so you can find it here: http://stek.org/nutrition-supplements/diets/celebrity-diets-giuliana-rancics-diet-plan/, and her work out plan here: https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...2011/06/giuliana-rancic-anorexic-workout-plan
It doesn't seem too crazy to me but I do remember people freaking out about it, she's since changed her story to "steel cut oats and vanilla lattes for breakfast, etc..." :sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really surprised she eats cereal bars, they're packed with carbs.

^^
But it looks like that's truly the only carbs she gets (minus her grapefruit and steamed veg) so along with working out and being busy all day it looks like it works for her.

^^
But it looks like that's truly the only carbs she gets (minus her grapefruit and steamed veg) so along with working out and being busy all day it looks like it works for her.

After reading her diet plan in her own words I realized that as well. I never liked her look but I'll say, she's a rare celebrity who has been completely honest about her diet. I really respect her for it, although you can see from the fallout that there's a reason the rest of them - and her too, now - prefer to lie.

I'm really surprised she eats cereal bars, they're packed with carbs.

I never got why people shun carbs. Despite the fact that carbs can easily lead to overeating since they aren't filling, carbs alone don't lead to weight gain, although they can cause water retention/bloat. It's overall calories that matter.

Giuliana's make up artist has a blog and it is pretty interesting. She posts a lot about her weight and food intake (she eats a lot of eggs, vegetables, and if she eats "junk" food she'll just have a few bites of it), she takes a lot of supplements (vitamins and senna tea). Nothing unusual but it's refreshing to see somebody be honest. Sometimes she posts pics of her friend's scale and I wonder if it's G's. :lol:

I definitely see a difference in my weight when I eat carbs vs non-carby food.

I recommend Gary Taubes' Good Calories, Bad Calories for an analysis based on scientific evidence of how not all calories are created equal.

Can you post the link to Giuliana Rancic's makeup artist's blog?