Giuliana Rancic

I never got why people shun carbs. Despite the fact that carbs can easily lead to overeating since they aren't filling, carbs alone don't lead to weight gain, although they can cause water retention/bloat. It's overall calories that matter.

Giuliana's make up artist has a blog and it is pretty interesting. She posts a lot about her weight and food intake (she eats a lot of eggs, vegetables, and if she eats "junk" food she'll just have a few bites of it), she takes a lot of supplements (vitamins and senna tea). Nothing unusual but it's refreshing to see somebody be honest. Sometimes she posts pics of her friend's scale and I wonder if it's G's. :lol:

It's the easiest to cut out without feeling like crap/nutrient deprived. You don't need 300g of carbs to survive :superpuke: also, the water retention is a mind fuck

I definitely see a difference in my weight when I eat carbs vs non-carby food.

I recommend Gary Taubes' Good Calories, Bad Calories for an analysis based on scientific evidence of how not all calories are created equal.

Can you post the link to Giuliana Rancic's makeup artist's blog?

Ofcourse, carbs retain water, make you bloated...1 g carb retains 3g of water

I definitely see a difference in my weight when I eat carbs vs non-carby food.

I recommend Gary Taubes' Good Calories, Bad Calories for an analysis based on scientific evidence of how not all calories are created equal.

Can you post the link to Giuliana Rancic's makeup artist's blog?

http://catalinasumakeup.blogspot.com/
:hide:

I see a difference too, but I know it's just water weight and as soon as I eat more carbs it'll come run back so it doesn't do anything for me. When I lose weight, I want actual fat loss, not water weight loss or lean mass loss.

Glad to share @LadyPenelope :)
I didn't know either until i read it somewhere on SG, did some research and self observation and really saw the difference between high carb and low carb days.
It takes 3-4 days to make the bloat go away. It is usually just water weight of course, but can really mess with your head:spazrun: if you don't know the science behind it and even if you do-nobody looks and feels good bloated.

Great anti-bloat tips i know for after some big holiday or whatever is eating light (veggies, protein), IF, exercise, relaxation (sauna, lavender baths, meditation)...time

As for Giuliana Rancic i think her body is nice, she really has an older looking face or is it just the make-up and hair i can't tell, but she is obviously taking care of herself to the highest. I was happy to read her very SG-like explanation of her diet. I like her honesty there. She was attacked by media like she was some kind of a horrible person to tell the truth(or half truth) about herself, oh the idiocricy. The world really can't handle the truth, even about some reporter personal life decisions?! :wtf:

Glad to know the truth for being skinny is no magic (thanks to all of you on SG), it's all hard work and discipline. I respect people with discipline in whatever good, self improving way they use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes 3-4 days to make the bloat go away. It is usually just water weight of course, but can really mess with your head:spazrun: if you don't know the science behind it and even if you do-nobody looks and feels good bloated.

I am more concerned about carbs causing blood sugar to spike and then dip and how that reflects on the sensation of hunger. I find eating low-carb keeps my blood sugar even and my hunger under control. I normally have a massive sweet tooth but when I do low-carb after the initial withdrawal I stop craving the sugar.

I am more concerned about carbs causing blood sugar to spike and then dip and how that reflects on the sensation of hunger. I find eating low-carb keeps my blood sugar even and my hunger under control. I normally have a massive sweet tooth but when I do low-carb after the initial withdrawal I stop craving the sugar.

I do the same thing ! :oops:
low carbing is really the way to go for me too. I don't even think about carbs when i'm deep in low carb mode :) the only problem is when some event comes and ruins my rhythm

2014 Emmys

Source: Radar Online

PFHgAXb.jpg

FxpzzsK.jpg

Her body is great but (and I know this is SG) I don't think that skinny suits her. Her face looks so large compared to her body especially in that angle in the first one from the Emmys

Her body is great but (and I know this is SG) I don't think that skinny suits her. Her face looks so large compared to her body especially in that angle in the first one from the Emmys

A sign she isn't naturally that small, but works at it.

I don't see many pictures of myself but I kinda look like that when I turn to the side too (in my head anyways, but I like that look :oops:)

Her face looks so large compared to her body especially in that angle in the first one from the Emmys

First I thought it was photoshopped. :wtf:
But then, I have a similar issue, I am only 5´3,zero boobs, and I have a quiet big head comparing it to my body (when I am skinny).
But Giuliana´s case is extreeeeme. :wtf:

I've watched her show a couple of times (the one with her husband) and she eats all sorts of carby goods (pizza, pasta, wine) so my bet is she goes to great lengths to show that she eats a lot. I kinda love her for that:sneaky:

I'm surprised her hip bones don't protrude more. I'd love to see her in a bikini.

Me tooooo.. She doesn't wear bikini's tho :hmm: She is always photographed in a 1 piece.

I've watched her show a couple of times (the one with her husband) and she eats all sorts of carby goods (pizza, pasta, wine) so my bet is she goes to great lengths to show that she eats a lot. I kinda love her for that:sneaky:

I love it too! She has even admitted to not eating that kind of stuff, so I think its definitely all for show (esp since she gets so much shit for her thin figure).

I find Giuliana's size just right for her honestly. I mean she has hips and curves, nice tone, and delicate extremities to boot. Also if she's short then photos are often taken at a downward (& thinning angle) that can make one's head look bigger & body smaller.

I like more of a pale look personally and think she'd look great w/o the tan and less blond (aka Southern California type beauty), but she has her look and it works for her --particularly on TV camera--and she does always look flawless.

Also I have been flipping, erm scrolling, through her make artist's blog for about 20 min and kind of love it (the weight & food posts especially!). I wonder if GR is ok w/ all the behind the scenes photos though. They are not bad, if anything they humanize her more so she seems less distant as just a TV host/personality/celeb.