• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Eugenia Cooney

proseccoprincess

Community Duchess
Watched the whole thing, she doesn’t give much detail or go into specifics but here’s everything she said re: her ED

1. She doesn’t name the eating disorder, purging is somewhat implied by the video editing but it’s unclear

2. She’s had an eating disorder since she was in school and got bullied, it gradually got worse, especially when she started posting on YouTube and people made videos commenting on her body

3. Response to shane’s dumb question “did you eat?”: she said that she did eat (obviously) but not a lot in hindsight

4. She didn’t realize how low her weight had gotten; she was surprised to know her low weight. She decided to get help after even she noticed that things had gone way too far

5. Thankfully she hasn’t suffered a lot of medical complications, possibly because she was at a lowish weight her whole life, even pre-ED; her hair is real (there were rumors it was a wig and her real hair had thinned out, but she had never experienced hair thinning)

6. She didn’t name any topics of discussion that were too triggering or “off limits”, because if anything she said could help someone in her position then she considers it worth talking about

FlatWhite

Worker Bee
This is proof how much starvation fucks up your brain. In her 4-minute video, she is bubbly and happy, laughs a lot (genuinely, not in this I-am-an-anime-character way), talks fast. The dynamics of herself has improved drastically. I'm not a Eugenia follower, have only seen a couple of her videos but she always seemed starved to the point where her personality was gone. In this one her personality's back, she is a good entertainer (obviously that wasn't the point of her video, but I'm judging from the way she talks and the overall camera presence and energy). and, most importantly, she seems passionate about this, quote-unquote, job.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

ilovepickles

Rookie
I wish Shane asked better questions. I get that she's recovering but I feel like the questions were kind of messy/didn't explain the situation + some of the jokes were a little odd. im glad she's recovering and making a comeback tho, she seems really sweet

saturation

Super Star
Shane's video is well produced of course, but it felt unsettlingly sparce of actual content and information and some points of her ED/recovery were just glossed over. She seems very alone, weirdly still living with her parents at 24y/o, her mom's a helicopter parent from what information I've gotten both from Shane's content and other content provided by Eugenia herself. It smells super fishy to me and even though she's doing better now, still seems kind of in denial of her ED, to an extent. She also had her lawyer in that Shane video, which is... Questionable? Is it not?

There have been and still are loads of speculation on her mom abusing her and there might be a possibility that the mother is a case of Munchausen by proxy. She hadn't even seen a doctor in years before the intervention. Why, even when her life was so sheltered and lonely only with her family? :nervous: Might be long shot but I think it goes a lot deeper than what's being covered.

And wtf were with the locks on the door E didn't know how to open, didn't have enough strength to lift up the metal bar so Shane needed to open the door for her. In her home??

Gulvi

Worker Bee
It is very concerning that she was only in a treatment centre for a month (that's a very short amount of time for someone with an eating disorder! Usually stays can be around 4-6 months, sometimes an entire year when a patient needs to be weight restored.). She still has very little awareness of her ED and the danger she was in and said in the video that she believed the reason why she hasn't experienced severe physical complications was because she has always been 'naturally skinny'. The not great insight and the lack of time needed to become weight restored (because as much as her face + speech is better there hasn't been enough time to get her to healthy weight) are red flags. She may be looking a bit more lively but unless something drastic changes I don't think it will last.

Her other friends had to 5150 her to get her into treatment, it was not voluntary and her mum seemed adamantly opposed to Eugenia receiving treatment. Her mum actually called the cops on Eugenia's friends for kidnapping when she found out Eugenia was being taken to a hospital. Honestly, as long as she's still in her mothers grasps I don't she will ever reach full recovery.

saturation

Super Star
Thank you @Gulvi. Looking through E's own older videos with her mom have a weird vibe and the comments are only about that her mom seems off and there's this weird tension in their chemistry that makes ppl (including me) uncomfortable:

Someone noted in the comments that in the first outfit E looks like she's going to burst out in tears at 2:28.

God that family is dysfunctional to say the least

psychicemotus

Worker Bee
I wish Shane asked better questions. I get that she's recovering but I feel like the questions were kind of messy/didn't explain the situation + some of the jokes were a little odd. im glad she's recovering and making a comeback tho, she seems really sweet
100% agree with all of this. I also think that Shane and other Youtubers should honestly just.... stay out of all of this? I know that most of them have good intentions but I think her recovery being so public so soon into it is a reaaaally awful idea. If they really care about her I think the best thing to do is support her privately. I know she probably feels a million times better and is excited to make a comeback but imo she is not ready and is only going to cause more harm to herself in the long run.

Valentina

Worker Bee
Honestly Shane's lack of depth into the issue along with the jokes on some serious moments annoyed me to say the least.
I think it was very convenient for him to have her as clickbait, using the excuse that he was the perfect person to make the video since he also recovered from an ed and that he was 'friends' with eugenia.
But then his questions were useless af and when he was asked when was the last time he saw Eugenia he said 5 years or more.
You can see Eugenia's too nice, cares too much about not hurting others and maybe pleasing everyone (agrees to answear everything).
Her low self-esteem (she's not ugly at all) her washed off and submissive personality, and making everything seems fine to her when it's clearly not are some of the signs you would see in an emotionally abused person.
She uses a smile as a coping and defense mechanism but you can see the pain behind it.

I truly hope she finds a good place mentally and emotionally, where she can stand for herself and that people stop using her misery for views on youtube, cause it's not helping anyone.

stardust

Rising Star
I have the feeling that only at the moment that everybody will stop giving a shit and trying helping her so much she will make a change (maybe at least move out of her abusive parents house)

bougainvilleas

Rising Star
I have the feeling that only at the moment that everybody will stop giving a shit and trying helping her so much she will make a change (maybe at least move out of her abusive parents house)
She did move out, according to this video -- it takes place in LA where she lives without her parents. Shane asks about her mom specifically and Eugenia says she still lives in their old house in Connecticut and "was visiting here earlier today but I don't know where she went, that's weird" or something to that effect. Definitely some bizarro vibes there, but I'm glad she got to move away.

Thank you @Gulvi. Looking through E's own older videos with her mom have a weird vibe and the comments are only about that her mom seems off and there's this weird tension in their chemistry that makes ppl (including me) uncomfortable:
That video ... :slinkout:

Gulvi

Worker Bee
She did move out, according to this video -- it takes place in LA where she lives without her parents. Shane asks about her mom specifically and Eugenia says she still lives in their old house in Connecticut and "was visiting here earlier today but I don't know where she went, that's weird" or something to that effect. Definitely some bizarro vibes there, but I'm glad she got to move away.
She has been technically moved out for a while now, but her mum still visits pretty daily from what I've heard and she controls who Eugenia hangs out with and where she goes (Eugenia's mum has a driver that will take Eugenia to places, but only with mums say so). And with her confusion with the new locks in her apartment I'm guessing that her mum set those up, not Eugenia.

Huge bizarro vibes and major codependency. As much as I hate social media prying into her personal situation I'm worried that she won't ever put up boundaries and be independent without people stepping in and pushing the issue. It took her friends (and it seems they've been completely cut off from contacting Eugenia now) basically tricking Eugenia into an involuntary hospitalisation for her to get any help. And if things go back to the way they were I have very little hope of her getting better.

moins

Grand Dame
It is very concerning that she was only in a treatment centre for a month (that's a very short amount of time for someone with an eating disorder!
Your health insurance is also a factor in how long your are inpatient/outpatient. So her insurance could have kicked her out of treatment the moment she was considered in a healthy BMI range and she could still be mentally very ill. Unfortunately happens a lot

habenula

Super Star
Her relationship with her mom gives me very strong Gypsy Rose Blanchard vibes. I also wonder if she's still on her parents' insurance -- she's 24, so she has two more years. If it is a munchausen by proxy situation, then being medically emancipated could help.

It's all speculation anyway, so idk. Just a thought.

Reactions: Ange and SugarFree

bunny

Worker Bee
So Niki Demartino made a video about her...

She rambles a lot but basically, she wanted to show people footage of her and Eugenia behind the scenes of her music video. Supposedly, she was previously too scared to because she didn’t want her fans to ‘cancel’ her; now that Shane made a video, she feels more comfortable sharing it. I don’t know about anyone else but to me, it just seems like she wanted to put Eugenia’s name in the title for clout (she didn’t even say her name right :rolleyes:). The video was barely even about her; a lot of it was just Niki making this about herself. It upsets me that people are using her name for their own personal benefit. I think they should let her recover in peace :(. Anyways, I wish her a happy birthday and I hope her recovery is going well.
321C8AD5-3DD2-42AF-882A-833842E595D5.jpeg
She looks much more radiant and her smile is gorgeous:luvluv:

• WTF
Reactions: lizzielacksiron

squiggle

Rookie

She just released this video. Is it just me, or is she skirting around what Jaclyn Glenn and her other friends have said? I hope she's doing OK, can't imagine how stressful this must be for her.

squiggle

Rookie
SocialRepose is agreeing with Jaclyn about this. If things have got to this point I'm genuinely concerned for her. She's such a sweetheart and it's a shame she's in the environment people are stating she's in.

• Sad
Reactions: Layla